I'm sure it's not just me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshualander

Reaction score
I've been studying like mad for the MCAT as one does and at the end of every day I feel as though I haven't learned a thing. Has anybody ever felt the same way? Surely I have to be learning stuff but it's hard to tell how effective my studying is.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone has different ways for studying the MCAT. Finding what works best for you is going to take some trial and error which can be frustrating but once you do find what works for you, it will all be worth it.

What worked for me was doing tons and tons of practice questions (Kaplan, Princeton, Uworld etc) so that I could narrow down my weaknesses and focus on those topics. It improved my overall MCAT score by like 10 points. You can try this method if you haven't done so yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone has different ways for studying the MCAT. Finding what works best for you is going to take some trial and error which can be frustrating but once you do find what works for you, it will all be worth it.

What worked for me was doing tons and tons of practice questions (Kaplan, Princeton, Uworld etc) so that I could narrow down my weaknesses and focus on those topics. It improved my overall MCAT score by like 10 points. You can try this method if you haven't done so yet.
I agree! It's been a month and I'm still in that trial and error phase but I have made some progress. This is why I gave myself six months to study haha. I originally started with incorporating practice questions from AAMC but I realized that my biggest obstacle right now is how to break down the passages. The content within the passages isn't so bad. I stopped doing the AAMC passages and only do the ones in the books I'm using until I find a good one for me to break the passages down more effectively. I was getting so many wrong because of a lack of proper passage execution that it was making me depressed lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Surely I have to be learning stuff but it's hard to tell how effective my studying is.

Take a FL after going through the content review for the first time. Having a baseline score with strengths and weaknesses helps form a suitable schedule and adaptable study methods. If you put in the work, you will see that score increase.

Reactions: 1 users