Immature vet students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't think it was inappropriate either. As a vet school applicant, it's valuable for me to learn about the many facets of life as a vet student.

since i see that we are in a similar boat, how about we agree on a long distance handshake to not to carry on with this type of immaturity in our class? i'd hate to think that i went through college only to go back to high school.
and i do agree that all facets of a situation should be considered before one makes a decision one way or the other. it never hurts for applicants to know what students are complaining (and venting) about.
 
Consider your long distance handshake returned! 🙂 The thought of high school drama in vet school totally makes me cringe, but like some of the others have suggested, I'm just going to do my best to stay out of it. I wonder if the PBL model will alleviate some of that because classmates have to learn to work well as a team?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Swell! Sounds like there's lots o' drama to look forward to. Chris 03333: Do the PBL groups remain the same at Western or do they change them up periodically? I'm guessing that you're assigned to a group vs. picking your own.
 
Swell! Sounds like there's lots o' drama to look forward to. Chris 03333: Do the PBL groups remain the same at Western or do they change them up periodically? I'm guessing that you're assigned to a group vs. picking your own.

They change every block (8weeks) and you are assigned. You actually will learn to work in a group with all different personalities (you have to work together to survive in a programs which is mostly PBL, so the competitiveness is slightly less.....)

I am one of the gets along with everyone (mostly) but that was probably because I never belonged to any "group".............🙂