Importance of Biochemistry Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinkocopies3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How important is the grade that you receive in Biochemistry?
I have gotten A's on all my science courses, except for O-chem I, O-chem II, General Bio, and Biochemistry, in which I received B's. How will this look to ADCOM's? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How important is the grade that you receive in Biochemistry?
I have gotten A's on all my science courses, except for O-chem I, O-chem II, General Bio, and Biochemistry, in which I received B's. How will this look to ADCOM's? Thanks.

You better thank your stars that you're not in Singapore bub: a B in biochem is begging for a caning.

Hope that Helps

P 'International Law Afficianado' ShankOut

Originally posted by indianboy
You better thank your stars that you're not in Singapore bub: a B in biochem is begging for a caning.

:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously tho...as long as you have an overall strong app (MCAT ECs, etc), with BCMP As (or I guess BMP) and Chem Bs, I wouldnt worry. I had a few crappy chem classes (REALLY crappy), and I am WLed at 5 schools and your grades look WAY better than mine if that gives you some hope.
If you are talking about a top 10, where you are competing with people who have 4.0 BCMPs, then that MAY be a different story.
As far as a few Bs in Chem courses keeping you out of med school altogether, I dont think you should worry too much about that.
Much Luck!
Spin:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think where you went undergrad makes a diffrence though. I got mostly B's in science classes including a nasty B- in Orgo 2. I was still accepted this year but I went to a really good college.

Your science gpa will matter the most.

Your grades sound good and a B in biochemsitry shouldn't hold you back.
But it is one of the classes some med schools look at more than others. As it turns out biochemistry was one of the science classes I REALLY enjoyed and thus it did well in it. In talking to an ADCOM member he said that would probably help my application.