Improvement from diagnostic 2015 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Austinthepremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering the review courses for the 2015 MCAT and I was wondering how much you all improved from the diagnostic or your first practice test? (Now that you have the real scores back.)

I am considering the Kaplan "advanced" course but I want to know that I'll improve substantially. Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I took TPR's course. I got a 505 on my first FL, and I ended up with a 524 on my actual MCAT. Keep in mind though that most test prep companies make their exams harder than the actual MCAT, so it will always look like you "improved."

I enjoyed my course and thought it was helpful, but keep in mind that these courses are just "tools" for you to use to study, you can't rely on them to improve your score.

My Kaplan scores including the diagnostic were as follows: 502, 500, 502, 502, 503, 506, 509, 509

Then I got an estimated 513 on the AAMC full length (.66/.89/.82/.78).

Pulled off a 518 on the real thing! (129/128/131/130)

Reactions: 1 user
I am considering the review courses for the 2015 MCAT and I was wondering how much you all improved from the diagnostic or your first practice test? (Now that you have the real scores back.)

I am considering the Kaplan "advanced" course but I want to know that I'll improve substantially. Thanks so much!!
I never took a prep course (wanted to save money) but my first exam was the NS half length, where I scored 495. Final MCAT score was 514.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From 489 diagnostic to 500 on kaplan and around 508 on AAMC FL. Still waiting for my 9/23 exam scores. Will start prepping for Jan/22 very soon. This time will use EK materials (not because kaplan was bad, but just to have a fresh content/FLs to read and test).

Diagnostic tests in general have little value. Diagnostic tests from test companies that don't make practice tests at all like the real MCAT and have unrealistic scoring scales are even more useless.

What I would be interested in knowing and unfortunately you could really only know this for the old MCAT is how people who as their initial diagnostic before any studying used an AAMC practice test did vs their final real MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 user