Improving Workflow

chicken-n-beer

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm using Anki and finding it very helpful. I have an inquiry regarding workflow: how do you save time when making cards? I have approx. 1200 slides to go through (i.e. make cards in Anki) but it seems like it's taking me an inordinate time to make cards. I already learned the material and I'm just using Anki to make tricky details "stick".I have found several add-ons to improve work flow but I'm just looking for some pointers. In addition, does listening to podcasts while creating cards hinder retention?

Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have some advice for anyone struggling with question I posed. I figured out that dictation of questions and recording short audio for answers helped me. In addition, for MCQs I find that explaining the right answer with recorded audio saves time. Just hope I don't eat up too much hard drive space.

Reactions: 1 users
Have some advice for anyone struggling with question I posed. I figured out that dictation of questions and recording short audio for answers helped me. In addition, for MCQs I find that explaining the right answer with recorded audio saves time. Just hope I don't eat up too much hard drive space.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anything, making note cards while listening to your lectures enhances retention. Active learning and whatnot.

One way I’ve found to reduce time spent making cards is using the Image Occlusion function and overlaying it over the mind maps I make to correspond to whatever it is that I’m studying. You’ll have multiple cards per note and it helps reinforce how different things are related in context of the bigger picture. I’ve personally never found the FITB cards to be as helpful, but alas I’m more of a visual learner.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm using Anki and finding it very helpful. I have an inquiry regarding workflow: how do you save time when making cards? I have approx. 1200 slides to go through (i.e. make cards in Anki) but it seems like it's taking me an inordinate time to make cards. I already learned the material and I'm just using Anki to make tricky details "stick".I have found several add-ons to improve work flow but I'm just looking for some pointers. In addition, does listening to podcasts while creating cards hinder retention?

Thanks everyone
It's a good idea to combine routine work with podcast listening.
Sometimes it's helpful to use mind maps and make cards by the discipline sections.

I've posted this elsewhere, but there are a lot of med students on the freelancer site Fiverr that will, for a modest fee, create anki cards for you from powerpoints or other material that you supply them. I generally pay $10 per 100 cards.