in-state tuition question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogiantsss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN vets,
I'm starting to research schools for the 2008 cycle and I was wondering which schools let you get instate tuition after one year? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering this too...

I have heard that the California schools are like this, at least some of them (UCSF, UoP?), but I am not 100% sure on this.

Are all schools in Cali like this?

Ohio State and UNC both let you get in-state tuition after a year. If you are married and your spouse works full-time then you can get in-state at ohio state all four years.

Anybody know about Pittsburgh and Minnesota?

You can try at pitt but its not likely to happen they said once and a while someone lucks out

UNLV gives residency after 1 year.

No one knows about the California schools?

CU Denver - They did allow you to pay in-state after your first year, up to last year. Now for out of state it is in-state tuition plus an out of state fee of about 28K/year.

The state schools, UCSF and UCLA, offer in-state status to those who qualify after the first year. UoP and USC are private schools so they dont offer in-state to anyone. Hope that helps

UMDNJ... they let u pay in state tuition from the first year.. all u need do is to get NJ drivers license.

No one knows about the California schools?

ucla and ucsf are the only public schools in ca, and yes after 1 year, you can esablish ca residency. it saves about 12 grand a year compared to out of state.

i did a little research and i hear temple used to offer instate after one year. do they still do it?

ucla and ucsf are the only public schools in ca, and yes after 1 year, you can esablish ca residency. it saves about 12 grand a year compared to out of state.

pescado said:
The state schools, UCSF and UCLA, offer in-state status to those who qualify after the first year. UoP and USC are private schools so they dont offer in-state to anyone. Hope that helps

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.