Indiana University Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Still invited to interview for me. Stress is killing me …

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not going to lie I'm excited and nervous at the same time based on what we'll hear on Wednesday. Don't know what time the acceptances are sent out or whatnot, or if they'll even accept people day 1, given that it was so late this time around. Interesting to figure out, and I guess I'll just need to chill out in the meantime.

I'm not going to lie I'm excited and nervous at the same time based on what we'll hear on Wednesday. Don't know what time the acceptances are sent out or whatnot, or if they'll even accept people day 1, given that it was so late this time around. Interesting to figure out, and I guess I'll just need to chill out in the meantime.
Historically, they send out emails at midnight tonight. They said at their interview a couple weeks ago that they’re going to accept 100 people Dec 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
Historically, they send out emails at midnight tonight. They said at their interview a couple weeks ago that they’re going to accept 100 people Dec 1st
Are they going to do post-december interviews? I heard Indiana doesn’t

Members don't see this ad :)
Email received at 12:01, provisional acceptance notification!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
did they send out all the acceptances at the same time, or can we expect them to continue to trickle in? I still haven't gotten updated from 'invited to interview', and I interviewed like 2 weeks ago

did they send out all the acceptances at the same time, or can we expect them to continue to trickle in? I still haven't gotten updated from 'invited to interview', and I interviewed like 2 weeks ago
I believe they dont send everything out at once. I’m hoping it’s a staggered situation

Not sure but not too many acceptances in this group. Maybe they are not done sending emails yet. Just hoping

I believe they send out all 100 acceptance emails at the same time. If I remember correctly, Dr. Kowolik said if you don’t hear from them at that time then you are still under consideration and may hear later but not on decision day

I received my email at midnight and my status changed to "offer made"

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they sent out denials around the same time as acceptances?

only school I interviewed at was IU-- still says "invited for interview." Taking that as a waitlist hopefully, likely a rejection :confused:

Anyone get any waitlist or erection emails ?

From last years thread it appears that people who did not get accepted immediately began getting accepted/rejected in late january. Their decision was was the 15th though.

From last years thread it appears that people who did not get accepted immediately began getting accepted/rejected in late january. Their decision was was the 15th though.
I talked to a D1 at IUSD and he said he didnt get the Dec 1st/Dec 15th offer, but he never got a waitlist email either. He got an offer in March.

I talked to a D1 at IUSD and he said he didnt get the Dec 1st/Dec 15th offer, but he never got a waitlist email either. He got an offer in March.
Was he Is or OOS ?

Declined my offer to Indiana, I hope someone who really wants it gets it :))

Reactions: 2 users
Going by posts few years ago, they had numbered waitlists. Any one know if it’s the same last year and this year ?

No updates…. No waitlisting …. No
Posts…No calls… Sad

No updates…. No waitlisting …. No
Posts…No calls… Sad

They said in the interview that they send out 100 offers on 12/1 and they have 106 seats. Add in what i was told in a post December 1 interview at another school that no schools can send out acceptances till January 1st, hang tight!

Ive heard that a number of schools put people on their waitlist Dec 1st but don’t email anything till after Jan 1st when they get an idea of how many people accept the offers they already sent out

They said in the interview that they send out 100 offers on 12/1 and they have 106 seats. Add in what i was told in a post December 1 interview at another school that no schools can send out acceptances till January 1st, hang tight!

Ive heard that a number of schools put people on their waitlist Dec 1st but don’t email anything till after Jan 1st when they get an idea of how many people accept the offers they already sent out
I do not think any school would have acceptance rate of over 70% from Pre-December offers (as many of them have multiple offers) so if you talking about Indiana then I would say they would fill at least 35 more seats post Dec..........wait for January and see if I was right

I do not think any school would have acceptance rate of over 70% from Pre-December offers (as many of them have multiple offers) so if you talking about Indiana then I would say they would fill at least 35 more seats post Dec..........wait for January and see if I was right

I hope you’re right about the 70%! I’ve never seen information to back that up but also I’m not as well researched.

I just hope everything works our for the best for everyone!

those who are not offered, what is the status on portal? invited for interview or under review or complete?

I paid my deposit earlier this month, but have not received a confirmation email from the school! Has anyone else had this same issue? Im thinking of waiting until after Jan 1 to email them if they dont

I paid my deposit earlier this month, but have not received a confirmation email from the school! Has anyone else had this same issue? Im thinking of waiting until after Jan 1 to email them if they dont
The only response I received after paying the deposit was an automated email from the payment service that it was approved, no confirmation from IU though

The only response I received after paying the deposit was an automated email from the payment service that it was approved, no confirmation from IU though
Thank you! I got the same automated email, but Ill wait until after Jan 1 to contact them if they dont email us first

Accepted today! This has been a long journey and I’m so grateful!

Don’t lose hope if you haven’t heard!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users