Indiana University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know if they are going to call on December 15th or will they email acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Class of 2026 acceptances were all emails, assuming it will be the same.

Reactions: 1 users
Class of 2024 stats on ADEA guide says 747 total OOS applicants, number interviewed is not disclosed and they accepted 147 students. Acceptance rate of ~19.7% for OOS applicants.
I would say those stats are also comparable to my class (2026).

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if it’s just acceptances or waitlists and rejections too?
Looking at last year's thread, seems like only acceptances were given out on decision day. Waitist and rejection emails were given out some later day

Reactions: 1 user
Those with acceptances should get an email after midnight tonight. For those who do not receive an email, don’t lose hope. They will give the first batch of applicants like 30 days or so to accept or reject the offers and then they will start going through the waitlist. You probably will not have anything update in AADSAS if you have been waitlisted. Any rejections will be sent out once the final roster is set so don’t expect those until the summer.

Good luck everyone!!

Also just an add on, for those who do get accepted tomorrow and plan to attend IU, somebody make a GroupMe and add it to the thread so your classmates can join and start getting to know each other!

Good luck guys!! If I recall correctly, the portal did update on decision day but I wouldn’t necessarily count on it. Also they did send a batch of emails at midnight (I can’t remember which time zone that was in) but not all, some were sent within a day as well. No phone calls from IU with offers last year, just emails. Just remember if you don’t get an email tonight/tomorrow it’s far from over.

Excited for you guys!

Did anyone get an email?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anything? I'm so confused cause past cycles have always been midnight lol

Has anyone heard about them sending emails from a source outside of SDN because it looks like no one in this group received anything?

Has anyone heard about them sending emails from a source outside of SDN because it looks like no one in this group received anything?
I’ve talked to one other person and he hasn’t received anything either.

Just heard from an applicant (my kid got the call ~8:30AM) that it’s calls this year instead of emails.

Good luck to you all!

Just heard from an applicant (my kid got the call ~8:30AM) that it’s calls this year instead of emails.

Good luck to you all!
I live overseas -_- I doubt they will make an international call hm

Sorry for the confusion ! It’s been emails the last few years, but sounds like they decided to do it differently this year. Just spoke to one of the doctors at the school and they are calling one by one. Happy acceptance day!

Sorry for the confusion ! It’s been emails the last few years, but sounds like they decided to do it differently this year. Just spoke to one of the doctors at the school and they are calling one by one. Happy acceptance day!

Do you know if there’s a timeframe for the calls that we should expect?

Do you know if there’s a timeframe for the calls that we should expect?
The doctors and administration are usually at the school 8-5. I’m guessing there’s a few people who are doing the calling so I would assume they would all have them done in that timeframe since they’re only calling 106 people for the first round of acceptances. But time frames might also differ a little from that 8-5 because Indiana is on EST. And they have everyone ranked 1-106 so depending on where you fall in the ranking also might mean you’d get a later today call if you’re closer to 106.

After the 106, they will have a month or so to accept or deny the offer so then 107, 108 and so on will get offered. Our class was still going through the waitlist in the summer because people who applied multiple places were waiting on other acceptances and then back out last minute. So the list will change A LOT between today and July when summer semester starts.

Got the call at 9:00 ish!! Did anyone get an email yet or know when we should get one?

Apparently they are going to mail the official acceptance letters

For those intending on accepting IU’s offer who have already been accepted today, join your official IUSD GroupMe! Our current D1 president, myself and another classmate would love to get to know you guys and hope this can be a great way for you all to get to know eachother. You can also ask us questions and we would be happy to help. IU admissions is great but they are not always super quick at responding as you probably have discovered. Plus you don’t have much interaction with them or each other before you start in July. If you know of others who have been accepted who aren’t on SDN, please share the link.

You're invited to my new group 'IUSD Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

0EB93BD1-B0FE-472A-ADBC-44DE95E0098A.jpeg

If anyone was curious, this is C/O 2026 stats!

Got waitlisted. Does anyone know if Indiana has a separate list for those waitlisted and rejected or is it all just waitlisted?

Is it logical to think that waitlist at in-state friendly school is tougher, because more than half of the accepted will be in-state, and it is very likely that in-states will attend their low-tuition school and not give up their seats?

Based off ADEA guide for fall 2020, they sent out 64 in state offers and 147 OOS offers
Makes sense. I’m sure a lot of OOS wait see if they get accepted to their own in-state or other preferred schools.