Inservice Results 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buffywannabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's 6 weeks from the test tomorrow. Just thought I would start a thread so we can figure out when the scores are sent out. Then we can bother our PD's until they pass them out. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Results have never come out this early before; usually end of April - I'd count on another week or two, unless hoot504 knows for sure they came out today.

Hope you guys did well. I was average for two years. Then suffered a severe case of senioritis and chose not to study. Passed my written though so things worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Results have never come out this early before; usually end of April - I'd count on another week or two, unless hoot504 knows for sure they came out today.

My PD also told us they have results back and are going to let us know our scores tomorrow. Maybe they sped things up this year.

Yeah we received our scores yesterday. We also took the exam electronically this year and apparently were one of the few places to do this, so dunno if we got ours early as a result.

We took the electronic version too. I didn't mind it. The visuals were still ****, but at least it wasn't an entirely separate booklet and trying to cross reference the question to the picture.

Reactions: 1 user
The visuals were horrible on the exam. No more inservice exams!

Interpret this CXR

chemo_line_thumb.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know what the national average was for pgy1's? Our program didn't tell us over email and I'm too lazy to go to the department office to look at my report

I'm confused how they calculated the score. My percentage correct that I calculated from the info on the second page is different from my score given.

So what is a good score for an intern? All I've got is a percentile. Haven't heard anything from my PD so couldn't have been deathly terrible.

I'm assuming everyone here is getting scores from the computerized version?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Nope, mine was a written version. Also, a "good" score for an intern is anything that keeps the PD off your back. That can vary from program to program. Some programs require you get a certain score on your inservice in order to moonlight. Personally, I would not be happy with anything below the 50th percentile.

So what is a good score for an intern? All I've got is a percentile. Haven't heard anything from my PD so couldn't have been deathly terrible.

If you hit the national average for your level of training, you're in good shape.

Yeah we need to be above the national average for 2nd years to be considered for moonlighting. we took the paper test and got our results today. Our PD was also kind enough to share our program averages this year :)

Yeah we need to be above the national average for 2nd years to be considered for moonlighting. we took the paper test and got our results today. Our PD was also kind enough to share our program averages this year :)

Same for us, we can moonlight as PGY2 but we have to be "passing" or above 70 I think to qualify. We took the paper test as well.

Also:

Random, but I think we met in person. I was one of the M4's on SICU when you were on last year. Hope things are going well for you!

Gotta be honest: I did well in my second year, and then blew off the third year exam, haha.

a lot of EM is an art and gesalt. therefore im not too surprised by the small difference. hypothetical book answers arent always right.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

as an incoming intern, the difference between the three years is not as wide as I thought it would be...interesting
That's because the test is like step 3 beefed up a bit. Only part of it is actually unique to the practice of emergency medicine

Is there anywhere you can put a potential score into an algorithm and see the percentile? I know my percentile and a few others but was just curious like if I got one more or one less correct.

I'm gonna bump this. Waiting on this year's results. Anyone get theirs back yet? :)

I'm gonna bump this. Waiting on this year's results. Anyone get theirs back yet? :)

No news where I'm at. Hoping this will be the week since I'm hoping to start moonlighting when I start my PGY-3 year and my score will determine whether or not I'm allowed. I think they came out at the 6 week mark last year.

We got our scores back today. No word on percentiles or average scores though.

yeah curious as well, what's the average this year?

National averages for pgy1-70, pgy2-76, pgy3-78.

Are results available online, or do you have to wait for your program to disseminate them?