Inside story on the residency shortage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoMatchMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
More than 8,000 doctor graduates for each of the last 5 years have not matched into a post-graduate residency position. This "fall-out" compounds each successive year and the deficit continues to grow. Without post-graduate training these unlicensed doctors cannot work in Medicine. They are forced to find other work and begin paying school debt, an average of over $180,000 each. We need your voice to make this issue a national priority!

Visit www.nomatchmd.com and nomatchmds.BlogSpot.com for the full story and ways to help!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go to a Carribean school. Problem solved

Is there any option on the site where I can actively oppose your movement?

Reactions: 6 users
More than 8,000 doctor graduates for each of the last 5 years have not matched into a post-graduate residency position. This "fall-out" compounds each successive year and the deficit continues to grow. Without post-graduate training these unlicensed doctors cannot work in Medicine. They are forced to find other work and begin paying school debt, an average of over $180,000 each. We need your voice to make this issue a national priority!

Visit www.nomatchmd.com and nomatchmds.BlogSpot.com for the full story and ways to help!

At the end of the day, Caribbean students are disadvantaged. But from what I've seen, that disadvantage is only felt by students with sub-par board scores. If you score above average you should be good for the PC specialities at the very least. However if your scores are stellar (250+) the bias is not as heavily felt for US-IMGs. The greatest equalizer is step 1/2, but if you're an AMG, your scores are important but not a be all end all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile