interesting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalo5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey dent buddies,
I would like to petition advice from some fellow applicants. I've applied to 7 schools for next years entering class, and would like to know what some of you think my chances would be for my situation: Graduated from college in winter, 98,biophysiology g.p.a. 3.03, and on d.a.t., 17,16(first), 17,16,(second), and 18/18, on third and recent atttempt.
Do you think it will be adverse for my application, the fact that I have been out of school for about 2.5 years, and have re-re-taken the dat???
all input/advice is greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

wow!, just don't want this message to be with 0 replies, how embarrassing :oops: ;)

Hi,
The fact that you didn't improve significantly on the DAT, may indicate to the admissions committee that you didn't seriously committ yourself to rereviewing the material that was on the DAT. However, your scores are not horrendous, so it may not be that bad. Do you have a state school that you applied to? Did you apply to a lot of private schools? What is your science gpa? Do you have experience shadowing, volunteering, or working in a dental office?
Tim.

hey, thanks alot for the input...My science g.p.a. is right around 3.03.
I have applied to my state school, however, my state school, being Michigan, I think can be more thought of as a "private" school, if one looks at the number of out-of-state applicants accepted versus in-state. I also applied to case, marquette, nova, detroit-mercy(excellent clinics), and unc.
I did have the opportunity to assist for two months in a general practice.
thanks again Tim.(Hebrews Ch. 11)<-good verse!

Lalo