Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwhite007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All my professors are about 2 weeks from their deadline on my LOR's. I am confident that they will be on time.

I want to use interfolio b/c if I don't get accepted, then I don't have to go back to them next year and ask them to redo it, but I don't understand how it works. I called them and they really did not answer my questions.

Do my writers just write it to:

"To Whom it May Concerns
Medical College Admissions Committee"

My school's pre advisory committee does a letter, but they have very strict rules. I am tight with one of the ten writers (he is the head of the committee) and he said that he will let me review the letter and see if I want it. If so, do I just have them send a copy to Interfolio?

I am confused. :scared:

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

All my professors are about 2 weeks from their deadline on my LOR's. I am confident that they will be on time.

I want to use interfolio b/c if I don't get accepted, then I don't have to go back to them next year and ask them to redo it, but I don't understand how it works. I called them and they really did not answer my questions.

Do my writers just write it to:

"To Whom it May Concerns
Medical College Admissions Committee"

My school's pre advisory committee does a letter, but they have very strict rules. I am tight with one of the ten writers (he is the head of the committee) and he said that he will let me review the letter and see if I want it. If so, do I just have them send a copy to Interfolio?

I am confused. :scared:

Any suggestions?

Be careful. Some schools may want recent letters that were written within a certain timeframe. Second, I would advise that if you absolutely must see your committee letter, do so AFTER it has been sent to the schools. You do not want to compromise the integrity/value of your letter (by not waiving your right to view its contents) just to get warm fuzzy feelings by reading your kudos. I have heard great things about interfolio though, and it offers you a tiny bit of control for a process that you otherwise really have no control over.

Be careful. Some schools may want recent letters that were written within a certain timeframe.
Good point. Personally, I'm keeping them on Interfolio because should I have to reapply (dear god no), I can use Interfolio to send a copy back to my professors, ask them to resend it with a new date.

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP!

Do the LOR writers just write it to:

"To Whom it May Concern" or "Dear Medical College Admissions Committee"???