International students applying for mph fall2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for your reply ^^
The main reason I chose JHSPH is the strong recommendations from my college classmates (current JHSPH DrPH students) and visiting staffs (JHSPH alumni) of the hospital department which I work in. They both mentioned the comprehensive academic training and outstanding faculty of JHSPH. Besides, the ranking is also another important factor. Harvard and Johns Hopkins are both my priorities. And God has already made the decision for me. :laugh:

I got into JH too (MPH-Infectious Diseases) so I guess we're going to be classmates. I'm Nigerian. I'm a bit bothered about the limited scholarship awards and the tuition is quite expensive:( Guess we'll all have to keep our fingers crossed :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have been accepted for MPH in Tulane and University of Maryland, Baltimore. How is the job market of MPH in US?

what are the opportunities after doing MPH ?
cost of attendance/funding ? I am an international student. I have good experience but planning to move to US. done my MD. but not sure how to become eligible to work/practice in us !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys. I am an international candidate with a number of admissions to a number of prestigious MPH programs including JHSPH (International Health), Emory (Global Health) Drexel University + Dean's 10K Fellowship(Health Policy & Mgt ) Texas @ Houston(Mgt & Policy) and Purdue University MPH.

My Stats:
MD with 5 years clinical exeperience.
GRE 660V, 730Q 4.0AW

I will want international students who got scholarships (wether full of partial) to post their stats here including which school gave them scholarships.

This is going to be useful for all of us in making decisions on what school to apply to especially those for whom funding is a big deal.

Thanks.:thumbup:

any international student going to apply for mph in simon fraser university
canada..for the 2012.plz contact here:)

I m in... Minnesota MPH(public health administration and policy).....
:soexcited:

I m in... UNC Mph(Public health administration and policy)
:soexcited: :soexcited: :soexcited:

Wow, so where are you going jbsdentist?

MBBS graduate from Sri Lanka
Completed one year medical residency
GPA 3.2/4.0
GRE V560 Q740 AW 3.5
TOEFL 112
Volunteer and Non volunteer experience in community health field

Applying to Tulane and UT Houston.

How well is Tulane known in the public health world?

How is the job market for epidemiologists?

Thanks for your reply ^^
The main reason I chose JHSPH is the strong recommendations from my college classmates (current JHSPH DrPH students) and visiting staffs (JHSPH alumni) of the hospital department which I work in. They both mentioned the comprehensive academic training and outstanding faculty of JHSPH. Besides, the ranking is also another important factor. Harvard and Johns Hopkins are both my priorities. And God has already made the decision for me. :laugh:

hello everyone ,
can anyone please suggest me which univ i should go for wayne state univ , michigan or idaho state university for mph fall 2011.:(
wayne has its name but it is not accredited by ceph but idaho is accredited.
thnx a lot !!!

Hi, I am an Indian doctor holding MD-physician degree from overseas(equivalent to MBBS in india;pursuing MPH program in Canada.plz help me guiding through......

Hi

I am an Indian applicant and plan to apply for MHA for spring 2012
can someone throw light on the available funding options for Indian students and which are the univ that are more funding friendly

Last edited:
Hi

I am an Indian applicant and plan to apply for MHA for spring 2012
can someone throw light on the available funding options for Indian students and which are the univ that are more funding friendly
Hello

What about international applicant for fall,2013 MPH/MH? Does anyone secure scholarship/funding?