"interrogation" style interviews?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I was accepted ! Thanks everyone.

I just recently went to an interview at my top choice. One of my interviewers was definitely playing the bad cop and second guessing my answers, trying to trip me up. She pretty much told me before we started the interview that she was gonna play bad cop lol. I honestly have no clue how I did :( the only thing nice she said was asking me if I was feeling okay (not that I was freaking out or anything, this is 4th interview already so I've had some experience lol). She did also try to connect her experiences with what i'm saying a little bit I guess ...

So basically has anyone ever had this type of interview? Is it still possible to get accepted ?
especially b/c I've heard so many ppl having really nice interviewers from this school and that their interviews were very relaxed. I just don't feel like I made myself look as good as I possibly could have b/c she kept questioning me at every little thing.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
One of my interviews was pretty uncomfortable and I felt like the interviewer was not really all that interested in what I was trying to convey. He also asked really tough questions and asked me to justify my answers to such an extent that I really felt like nothing more could be said. I ended up getting accepted, anyway, but I came away from the interview unsure. I tried to play up my confidence a bit and told myself it was better than it was. As I look back now, I realized that he was probably trying to be the "bad cop" as you describe. No worries. It is just the luck of the draw when it comes to interviews. I have had some equally "uncomfortable" interviews for jobs. I think if you have a good package overall, you should be fine.

I had an interviewer who had problem with my view on healthcare and my proposed solution. I end up getting into a heated argument with him, and went overtime. A week later I got accepted. On the other hand, I had a similar argument with another interviewer, and I never heard back from the school afterward. This is just my experience, and I am not sure how to handle the situation as well. I always prefer to present my honest self during any interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
More than likely you will run into interviewers who may agree and disagree with you if you're so opinionated. Try to stay clear of controversial topics like religion, politics, gay marriage, etc. To be safe.

More than likely you will run into interviewers who may agree and disagree with you if you're so opinionated. Try to stay clear of controversial topics like religion, politics, gay marriage, etc. To be safe.

One very controversial topic that you may have to encounter will be the future of healthcare and the pharmacists role in the gamut of said industry. It could be contentious and it's possible that the interviewer may take the adversarial tone to see how you respond.

Therefore, I obviously wouldn't venture towards a controversial topic, but I wouldn't be afraid of expressing my opinions as long as it is done concisely, intelligently, and with support for your opinions.

"Interrogation" style interviews aren't necessarily a bad thing; It's all about how you respond in kind.

I'm not sure it's necessarily to make you sound stupid. I think it's more along the lines of how well you do under pressure and if you're able to make a good argument when put on the spot.

One very controversial topic that you may have to encounter will be the future of healthcare and the pharmacists role in the gamut of said industry. It could be contentious and it's possible that the interviewer may take the adversarial tone to see how you respond.

Therefore, I obviously wouldn't venture towards a controversial topic, but I wouldn't be afraid of expressing my opinions as long as it is done concisely, intelligently, and with support for your opinions.

"Interrogation" style interviews aren't necessarily a bad thing; It's all about how you respond in kind.

Yes I agree. Just didn't want to type that long on my phone ..lol

I didn't have any interrogation style of an interview, but I know I totally bombed one at my top choice since I took a red-eye flight, drank too much coffee, and had an empty stomach before going into the interview. I was super-jittery and the whole experience was SO horrifyingly bad and I could tell my interviewers were getting annoyed and tired of talking to me before I finally left their office. I basically almost had a nervous breakdown afterwards and quickly crossed the name of the school off my list as soon as I got back. Somehow, I ended up getting accepted within a week. I guess this experience goes to show that bombing an interview isn't always the end of the world :thumbup:

All interviews are to find out more about you. Her style of questioning should not affect you. You are still selling yourself, and finding more about them as well.

The more you interview, the easier it becomes.