Interventional Pulmonology 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CritiPulm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, this might the first year that someone has started this thread or may be not. I am a second year Pulm/CCM fellow applying for IP this year and wanted to get together both people and information on a forum.

If any one else is applying for IP this year, lets discuss the application process, programs, etc etc.

Any inputs/guidance from people already in IP are much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I applied couple of days ago and was looking for a forum for this years IP when I came across the post. Hopefully more people will join the thread. Interesting to see when the interviews start rolling in.

I applied few days ago .. hopefully IP applicants can connect on this forum

Members don't see this ad :)
I think usually people start hearing around august / september
Some programs send invites even late in september

Looks like only 3 applicants so far have joined the group

I will be applying this week. hopefully not too late. I know previous year's applicants formed a whatsapp group to keep in touch through the interview process. We can do the same.

Reactions: 1 user
I will be applying this week. hopefully not too late. I know previous year's applicants formed a whatsapp group to keep in touch through the interview process. We can do the same.
Totally up for doing this .. I know the last years applicants had a whatsapp group as well

Thanks for starting this group CritiPulm! I applied as well

Reactions: 1 user
PM me your emails and I shall start a group and email you the link.

Hi guys I recently applied for IP as well,
I am so glad we have this forum so we can discuss on what is going.
I called VCU yesterday and they said the PD is still reviewing applications, one of my friend got a rejection from VCU thats all I know,

i got an IV from Lahey, but Mayo and hopkins said they are not interviewing external applicants

I have talked to few of my friends who recently got done with ip fellowship and it's difficult to get a consensus regarding time frame for interview calls. They were saying anywhere essentially from august till October. I believe vcu is interviewing on 2 days and a close friend of mine heard in negative from them. For most part the inbox is silent

I heard from U Penn this morning, they are interviewing next month. Did anyone else hear from this place or other programs?

My friend just received an interview from memorial Sloan Kettering, i haven't received any info from MSK, hoping to hear something from them soon, atleast an negative email. Did anyone hear from MSK?
I spoke to NYU and they said the would send invitations at the end of this month.

UC Denver sent out a rejection email so I'm guessing they have also started sending out invites /rejections

I am surprised I received an interview from UCLA last night, even though i didn't apply.