Interview 2008 cycle!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got a letter in the mail with a list of dates to choose from. I put them in order of preference and then sent it back. They said they would email a confirmation with the date and time of my interview. They haven't updated my AADSAS yet.

My Indiana invite came the same way and they have not updated my AADSAS either.

Members don't see this ad.

I can FINALLY post in this thread...

I got my first interview invite today from VCU!

Members don't see this ad :)
another school i'm hoping to hear from... congrats!

vcu is tied for my #1 choice.

Thank you. VCU is also my #1. Good luck with your cycle, I'm sure you're going to get an interview there too.

My Indiana invite came the same way and they have not updated my AADSAS either.

I received my email confirmation a few weeks ago, but my AADSAS status still hasn't been updated.

after a day from hell... VCU. :D

I got my first interview invites today!! Nova & Indiana

It's been a good day.

Pat

Just got heard back from UNLV today and instead of saying (in all caps) REJECTION it said (in all caps) INTERVIEW INVITATION so I figured that was a major improvement eh? Anyway I'm stoked, see you guys there.

Just got heard back from UNLV today and instead of saying (in all caps) REJECTION it said (in all caps) INTERVIEW INVITATION so I figured that was a major improvement eh? Anyway I'm stoked, see you guys there.

Aww I want one! Congrats. That would be sweet to get a UNLV interview around my B-day. Vegas babaaayyyyyy

UNLV!!! WooHoo! It has been a month since I had heard from any other school so I was beginning to worry for awhile there.

Interview Date: October 4th
Contacted: By email
Submitted: Secondary on June 9th

UNLV!!! WooHoo! It has been a month since I had heard from any other school so I was beginning to worry for awhile there.

Interview Date: October 4th
Contacted: By email
Submitted: Secondary on June 9th

Hey I'll see you there also on the 4th of October. Not to complain or anything, but what is it about UNLV that makes it so many people's number 1 choice; it's so freakin expensive. I've visited the school before though and I must say that the building and internal facilities are all extremely nice though. I just hope that what happened to UNLV's ortho-school rep doesn't spill over onto their gen. dental rep.

Hey I'll see you there also on the 4th of October. Not to complain or anything, but what is it about UNLV that makes it so many people's number 1 choice; it's so freakin expensive. I've visited the school before though and I must say that the building and internal facilities are all extremely nice though. I just hope that what happened to UNLV's ortho-school rep doesn't spill over onto their gen. dental rep.

Two words: MY WIFE. That is where she wants to go soooooo.... I'd rather have a happy wife for 4 years of dental school.

Oh... and the fact that they give you in-state residency after 1 year of school, or they just give it to you if your wife works down there. Oh, and since my wife is a dental hygienist, they told me that if she worked for the school they'd give me tuition discounts. That'd be nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yessssss! Earlier this week I received an interview invite (my first) from Case Western. I'll be interviewing on Oct. 31st (the soonest they had.) Hopefully they'll be in a good mood since it's Halloween! :laugh:

Also, I was wondering for those of you who have invites to Indiana: I've received confirmation this week that my application has been Received/ is Under Review. However, they haven't asked for the fee yet. They say to wait until they contact me, but I feel like if they are reviewing my application I should send them the money. Should I just send it now or hold off until they say to send it? :confused: What did you guys do?

Thanks and good luck!!

Yessssss! Earlier this week I received an interview invite (my first) from Case Western. I'll be interviewing on Oct. 31st (the soonest they had.) Hopefully they'll be in a good mood since it's Halloween! :laugh:

Also, I was wondering for those of you who have invites to Indiana: I've received confirmation this week that my application has been Received/ is Under Review. However, they haven't asked for the fee yet. They say to wait until they contact me, but I feel like if they are reviewing my application I should send them the money. Should I just send it now or hold off until they say to send it? :confused: What did you guys do?

Thanks and good luck!!

I don't think Indiana makes you pay the fee unless they invite you for an interview. Since I interviewed there last year, they didn't make me pay the fee this year! Very nice of them!

Schnitzels,

Indiana sent me a letter stating that they wanted to offer me an interview, and in this letter, they asked for the application fee. Also in the letter, they asked me to rank some available interview dates, and as soon as I returned the letter (and fee), they emailed me confirming the date of my interview.

So, I would say there is no need to send the fee until they specifically request it.

Pat

Invited to Midwestern via email today. Nothing on AADSAS.

Flight costs are starting to take a big chunk out of my finances, with me flying out of Canada.

It will all be worth it...

NYU here !!!!!!! The big apple.

Just checked my AADSAS and found out I got an interview with Indiana! This is shaping up to be a good week. :D

The timing is pretty funny considering my nervous post yesterday. (BTW, thanks for the info Pat.)

I was offered an interview by VCU today also! What a great week, UNLV...VCU...I'm pumped!!

for the ones that got an interview at VCU, when did they receive your complete application? I'm worried. it has been two weeks since they received mine, and they just cashed my check a couple of days ago.
:scared:

for the ones that got an interview at VCU, when did they receive your complete application? I'm worried. it has been two weeks since they received mine, and they just cashed my check a couple of days ago.
:scared:

they've received my complete application almost a month ago and cashed my check a looooong time ago and haven't heard anything from them. talk about being worried.

Having my aadsas updated the last week for an interview by Nova i've been waiting for the letter to confirm the date. I recieved the letter today but was disappointed that Nova had scheduled me for the 20th of December.

I submitted my AADSAS well within the first batch of mailings and wrote/took the DAT on July 30. I have to say I was expecting an interview date in the October, possibly even November range.

A few days ago I recieved my interview invite to Midwestern on October 29, well before the unformal December 1 date.

Those who have recently recieved interview invites to Nova, when did you get your letter and when had they scheduled you?

Having my aadsas updated the last week for an interview by Nova i've been waiting for the letter to confirm the date. I recieved the letter today but was disappointed that Nova had scheduled me for the 20th of December.

I submitted my AADSAS well within the first batch of mailings and wrote/took the DAT on July 30. I have to say I was expecting an interview date in the October, possibly even November range.

A few days ago I recieved my interview invite to Midwestern on October 29, well before the unformal December 1 date.

Those who have recently recieved interview invites to Nova, when did you get your letter and when had they scheduled you?

From what I've seen on predents, people have been scheduled well into December as of about a week or 2 ago. It looks like they booked up fast this year.

Just check my AADSAs status page and says invited for interview by case. Do they email you or actually send you a mail? Also, do you get to choose an interview date or is it predetermined?

Thanks!

Just check my AADSAs status page and says invited for interview by case. Do they email you or actually send you a mail? Also, do you get to choose an interview date or is it predetermined?

Thanks!
Comes in the mail (~ a week after AADSAS update for me). Date is predetermined and I didn't try changing it. Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago and they had me scheduled for Nov 30th.

just got a UF interview today via email. didn't see any action from them for almost a month and seems like they are handing some more out now?

I got one at UF today too via email. Sept 13th. Super excited since I am an undergrad here

Vegas babaaaayyyyy. Today.:hardy::hardy:

UNLV today by email.
Also got a receipt from Oregon for my secondary app.

Just got an interview invite from Columbia!!!

interview at columbia

just got interview from NYU! yepeeee

Indiana & NYU & many more I hope!!!

it was funny b/c today i was asking my friends whether I should wait a few weeks to book my flight for Indiana just in case there are other east coast interviews i get invited too, that way i can do like a whole east coast tour/interview thing. Well anyways a few hours later i check my email and BAM!!! An NYU invite... I can't wait to visit to NY, I've never been. I am staying right next to the Madison Square Gardens the whole weekend!!!!!!!!!!

VCU today!!!! Man this feels good. I am a reapplicant and only got one interview all last year, VCU makes three so far this year. (Indiana, Midwestern). I am pumped!

Just heard from OSU!!!! They invited me to interview on September 29th.

Contacted via email

case by snail mail =)

Indiana: Oct 24th
Kentucky: Sep. 14th.
NYU: to be scheduled, i haven't called in yet.

Thanks!

By mail. My AADSAS status was never changed

UCONN! First one for this cycle (before app. fee was sent).

I don't want to rain on your parade, but Indiana is not on the East Coast...more like midwest. You must be West Coast?!? Good luck on all the interviews

Indiana & NYU & many more I hope!!!

it was funny b/c today i was asking my friends whether I should wait a few weeks to book my flight for Indiana just in case there are other east coast interviews i get invited too, that way i can do like a whole east coast tour/interview thing. Well anyways a few hours later i check my email and BAM!!! An NYU invite... I can't wait to visit to NY, I've never been. I am staying right next to the Madison Square Gardens the whole weekend!!!!!!!!!!