Interview 2008 cycle!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview at Midwestern!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!

Members don't see this ad.

N O V A invite, AADSAS update

UF (Aug. 17), Nova (Sept. 6), Midwestern (Sept. 17th)

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia finally received my application and Baylor has replied...still no interviews yet...AADSAS is still dragging their feet though on mailing the printout...

Yay! University of Nebraska sent an invite for interview, I can't believe it! :D

Yay! University of Nebraska sent an invite for interview, I can't believe it! :D
Lucky dog! I really want to be interviewed there. I have a "tour" set up for next month and I hope they decide to use that time to set up an interview as well.

They will, Mr. Curry. Don't even worry about it! :)

I got an Interview at Midwestern University for Sept. 17th. This is my 4th year applying and I'll have a master's degree completed in May. So hopefully this is my year. I've been doing this for way too long.

Got an interview invite from Nova today.

seriously guys...congrats to all of us who got interviews but insn't nova going a little crazy with interviews?????? I THINK IT'S THE NO.1 INTERVIEWING DENTAL SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY!!!!! LOL good luck to everyone!!! no matter where we go...we shall make the best of it!

seriously guys...congrats to all of us who got interviews but insn't nova going a little crazy with interviews?????? I THINK IT'S THE NO.1 INTERVIEWING DENTAL SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY!!!!! LOL good luck to everyone!!! no matter where we go...we shall make the best of it!

Are they interviewing more people relative to the number accepted compared to other schools or are they just getting an early start? Anybody know?

wow fourth year applying. thats some serious conviction.good luck man i hope u get in.

Thanks...I've been TOO close the past couple years...at Louisville they didn't deny me until a month before the start of classes 2 years ago...and then this past application cycle they denied me on the SECOND day of classes. I actually went to orientation to see what was up there. They've strung me out the past two years. Now I'll have a Master's degree to go with it...and I got 1 interview at MWU and hopefully many more to go with that here soon.
Being a white male hasn't helped my cause at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
#4 - Indiana (Oct 26 & 27)

I'm rooting for you too Smills91--what awesome determination!!! Wow.

Letter in the mail that says to call the admissions office and schedule any monday or friday starting 8/27. :)

Case invite.

smills91, I think it is your year , best of luck.

I have been to midwestern recently and they have not built the dental clinic yet. It is still in progress should be done in fall of 2008, their is apartments on campus that they rent and the classrooms are new and well equiped.

Lemoncurry, you got great stats you should get an inerview at Nebraska. I think I also interview on sep 17 at creighton like you. Is Nebraska one of your top choices. Just give it some more time.

I just got a letter from Indiana inviting me for an interview!

I got invited for a UCONN Interview so far. Any tips on what to say? lol

Thanks for the encouragement guys...best of luck to you all this cycle as well.

Just heard back from UCLA (noemi benitez) and they said that they weren't even going to start reviewing applications until October. So anyway, I thought that that sucked because I want to KNOW NOW dang it!!!!:eek:

When you got an invite to nova on AADSAS did you get an e-mail from them telling when your interview was or did you get a letter? b/c i didn't get an e-mail

i realize how ridiculous this is, and i'm going to be a wreck when it gets close to Dec 1, but I can't help but feel nervous that I haven't been contacted by ASDOH or Nebraska, especially since I got my app out early and others with similar stats have been invited already.

I think part of it is that I already have trips planned to AZ and NE, and I would really like to avoid a second trip if possible.

Then I sit back and think that this is good for humility especially since my stats aren't overly spectacular. The mailman keeps disappointing me. I'm seriously going to need medication when November rolls around.

When you got an invite to nova on AADSAS did you get an e-mail from them telling when your interview was or did you get a letter? b/c i didn't get an e-mail

Letter in the mail

Are they interviewing more people relative to the number accepted compared to other schools or are they just getting an early start? Anybody know?

last cycle Nova was the first with heavy invites also. they set up their interviews way in advance but seemed to interview a proportionate amount of applicants.

Nova and Indiana. I turned in my 2ndaries to ASDOH and midwestern late so I will probably be waited for some time.

congrat you guys! i know it kinda sound weird but i have stomach butterfly when im reading this thread:p

i realize how ridiculous this is, and i'm going to be a wreck when it gets close to Dec 1, but I can't help but feel nervous that I haven't been contacted by ASDOH or Nebraska, especially since I got my app out early and others with similar stats have been invited already.

I think part of it is that I already have trips planned to AZ and NE, and I would really like to avoid a second trip if possible.

Then I sit back and think that this is good for humility especially since my stats aren't overly spectacular. The mailman keeps disappointing me. I'm seriously going to need medication when November rolls around.

yeah I feel the same when people start getting invites to schools I applied to. I'm like: 'Where's mine? What if I don't get one? :scared:'. Well I applied to 11 schools and its bound to happen. Its just gonna suck if its gonna be one of my top 3 schools. Oh I think the worst would be to be interviewed but not accepted. That's like a huge slap in the face.

University of Louisville just called me this morning about a half hour ago and asked that I be apart of the interview group they're having on August 31st! This now matches the number of interviews (2) I've had the past 3 years applying. I may or may not get more invites here on out, I applied to 13 schools, but for those of you considering post-bacc/masters degree options. Do the master's degree. I think it's the item on my application that is distinguishing me from the rest. My DAT's are 18AA 17TS 20PAT with a GPA of 3.3 undergrad and 3.5 grad GPA. Nothing to write home to mom about, but solid acceptance scores. Just thought I'd pass that information along to other applicants. Oh and my Master's degree is in Public Health for those who wanted to know.

Nova on Sept. 26! I know that it seems like lots of other people on this thread have interviews there too..but I need my chnace to be excited!:D

interview at creighton!! i sent my supplemental in monday not expecting anything and they e-mailed me yesterday!! i am so excited!!! my first interview!

interview at creighton!! i sent my supplemental in monday not expecting anything and they e-mailed me yesterday!! i am so excited!!! my first interview!

congrats! what were your stats?

i got invited for a UCONN interview...yay!

NOVA on oct 18th :)
my mail was lost for weeks... :S

I got my invite from indiana about two or three weeks ago! Im set to interview in mid october. positive comments about the school and my chances would be appreciated.

I have yet to schedule a date, but Nova has invited me for an interview as of today.

With the number of interviews Nova is throwing out this early in the cycle, with some sub-par stats showing up on predents, it's hard to get really excited.

I knew schools would show an interest in me but I was really skeptical since i'm applying a year earlier than most do (3 years of B.Sc. upon matriculation).

At the least I get a trip to Florida. I'm definetely bringing the wakeskate with..

I have yet to schedule a date, but Nova has invited me for an interview as of today.

With the number of interviews Nova is throwing out this early in the cycle, with some sub-par stats showing up on predents, it's hard to get really excited.

I knew schools would show an interest in me but I was really skeptical since i'm applying a year earlier than most do (3 years of B.Sc. upon matriculation).

At the least I get a trip to Florida. I'm definetely bringing the wakeskate with..

I guess I'm one of those with sub-par stats you're talking about :cool: Sorry that you're not excited but I am!! Congrats anyways.

yeah I feel the same when people start getting invites to schools I applied to. I'm like: 'Where's mine? What if I don't get one? :scared:'. Well I applied to 11 schools and its bound to happen. Its just gonna suck if its gonna be one of my top 3 schools. Oh I think the worst would be to be interviewed but not accepted. That's like a huge slap in the face.

That's been me the past TWO freaking years! AND they've strung it out to the start of classes both times too.

Don't get me wrong i'm really excited about making the trip down to check out the school and see if it is right for me. It is my first choice after all.

Regarding the stats, I just remember seeing a few science GPA's bordering the 3.0 line even with one below 3.0. I understand that there is more to an application, and likewise these applicants must be offering something else of value to Nova (such as research or improvement in a master's program).

I just went and rechecked the Nova predents interviews and I didn't realize that a good percentage of those chosen for interviews had gpa's around the 3.7 to 3.8 range. Maybe the interview means more that I had initially thought.

Time will tell.

just wondering...the people who applied to nova, was your secondary status ever updated on their site or did you just receive an email? i sent mine in about a month ago and it still says "not entered yet"...are they just not interested? i also called a few time on different days and no one was in the office.

Yeah, I don't know why Nova bothered with their own webpage for updates, because mine still hasn't been changed since I submitted my secondary.

I got an interview invite at University of Tennessee. Calling Monday to schedule it in October.

I just got a letter from Indiana inviting me for an interview!

My AADSAS says I've been invited to Indiana as well.. do they send you a packet through snail mail or email to confirm? thanks!

My AADSAS says I've been invited to Indiana as well.. do they send you a packet through snail mail or email to confirm? thanks!

I just got a letter in the mail with a list of dates to choose from. I put them in order of preference and then sent it back. They said they would email a confirmation with the date and time of my interview. They haven't updated my AADSAS yet.