Interview 2008 cycle!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is NOVA giving out interviews to only floridians first?
Those who got interviews from NOVA, are u all from florida?
best,
dan

I'm from California too

You willing to live in Ft. Lauderdale? I think one advantage we'd have if we decide to go there despite all the criticisms is we can invest in the homes/condo/resorts down there.

thinking of buying? Ill assume the market is good over there. That sounds too hardcore for me. It will be a while before I start thinking of buying real estate.

Members don't see this ad.

The market over there is good. I have done some condo flipping over there. Although things seem to be changing a bit.

The market has slowed considerably down here. Although they say it is only temporary.

Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo!! university of minnesota august 27th! my first interview ever!

September 7th at Nova. Just got an invite from Indiana also and need to schedule a date.

Got an invite from Indiana on Saturday and from Case today. :)

you guys are all running the scene like James Dean

Just got a big packet today with all this stuff in it from UMKC (University of Missouri Kansas City), and at the end of this thick packet was an invite for an interview! They sent a CD along with the packet with a secondary application that is like a hundred questions, but oh well, at least it is another chance of getting in somewhere!

Just got a big packet today with all this stuff in it from UMKC (University of Missouri Kansas City), and at the end of this thick packet was an invite for an interview! They sent a CD along with the packet with a secondary application that is like a hundred questions, but oh well, at least it is another chance of getting in somewhere!

hey aadsas says to send a check once contacted is that what you did?

congrats by the way

Congrats guys, don't forget to update your predents!

hey aadsas says to send a check once contacted is that what you did?

congrats by the way

Thanks. Yeah with the packet it says to send in a 35 dollar application fee with the secondary application. So once I get the 3 million question book secondary done I will send in the fees:) Hope I answered your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you guys that got interviews at Nova through the AADSAS update ever get a letter from Nova yet?? How are you scheduling those interviews?

Did any of you guys that got interviews at Nova through the AADSAS update ever get a letter from Nova yet?? How are you scheduling those interviews?

Yeah my status was changed to Invited for Interview on Monday and I got the letter on Sat. The letter has a day & time that your interview is on and you call to confirm it.

Yeah my status was changed to Invited for Interview on Monday and I got the letter on Sat. The letter has a day & time that your interview is on and you call to confirm it.

haha, mine is still blank under NOVA, and i got the interview letter on Thursday.

oh well...i prefer the letter anyway :banana:

I got my Nova letter today, finally! I'm interviewing on September 20th. AHHHHHH, i'm already nervous!

just got a UF interview invite today....for anyone else who's gotten one....i gotta question...in the e-mail they mentioned:

"If your letters of evaluation and DAT scores were not sent to AADSAS, please send these to our office as soon as they become available."

is it just me or does this not make sense? why would they give an interview to anyone without official DAT scores?

just got a UF interview invite today....for anyone else who's gotten one....i gotta question...in the e-mail they mentioned:

"If your letters of evaluation and DAT scores were not sent to AADSAS, please send these to our office as soon as they become available."

is it just me or does this not make sense? why would they give an interview to anyone without official DAT scores?

i just interviewed with UF today...i think they are trying to cram as many interviews this year as they possibly can. i was told by the girl working in the admissions office that they already have almost 1200 applicants, and it's not even august yet. that's crazy!!!

i just interviewed with UF today...i think they are trying to cram as many interviews this year as they possibly can. i was told by the girl working in the admissions office that they already have almost 1200 applicants, and it's not even august yet. that's crazy!!!

:eek:

How did your interview go? I'm hoping to hear from them soon :)

oh i see....but did u get that same message in your interview invite also?

and i guess them cramming a lot of interviews isn't a good sign.....

I GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR UF!!!!!!!!!! EARLY AUGUST!! WOHOOOOO....little nervous here tho lol

well my friend came from a UF summer program yesterday, she said that there were 1,500 applicants already!!! btw, tell us how the interview went, i have mine in 3 weeks!!!!!! congrats btw, you know what this means right? lol high five!

well, sometimes is the case but not always! they usually won't give interviews without DAT scores, i guess u gotta have an amazing application to get one w/o DATs. My invitation says the same thing even though i know for sure that they must have my DATs by now :S

i'm pretty sure my interview invite said the same thing, but i know they have my DAT and LORs. as for the interview at UF...it's pretty easy. i'm a reapplicant, so i knew what to expect. i definitely feel it went better this year though. but basically, it's going to be the student, Dr. Sposetti, and two other people, possibly faculty or students. i had Dr. Sposetti and two faculty members, Dr. Probert and i don't remember the guy's name. the most stressful part is sitting there with the three of them staring at you and they each just ask questions at random. one of my faculty members wouldn't react to anything i was saying, so that was a little annoying, but Dr. Sposetti and Dr. Probert were both really nice. they asked the basics though, why dentistry?...what hand skills do you have?...where do you see yourself in 5 years? fairly standard questions. good luck to everyone who has an interview there!!

Did UF interview invites come by e-mail or regular mail?

I finally received a letter from Nova officially inviting me for an interview. I was starting to wonder after two weeks of having "invited for interview" on my addsas status.
I also received an invite to Indiana on the same day.:D So I'm pretty stoked right now to say the least.:)

Got one from Case 9-10-07...I am so excited!! Good Luck to everyone else too!!

bump!!

How can such an important thread end up on the 3rd page? :D

man only if aadsas will send out my application they are so slow

for all you who have invites for interviews...
did you guys receive letters stating your application was complete before the invite, or did they just give you an interview invite right away? If so, how long before the invite did you receive these letters? Thanks!

In my case, my first communication from Creighton was the invite, and I think my second communique from Case was the invite.

WOOHHOOO! Got one at Midwestern as well!!! My first interview ever - feels sooooo good!!!!

You guys just found out right now or earlier in the day? and how? By the way...congrats!!!!

those who heard form midwestern... when did you submit your AADSAS application and your secondary?

YES! I got one from Midwestern today too! When are you guys going?

I got Aug. 27th. Looks like Im gonna have to miss the first day of my masters program...yikes!!

Anyone else have Aug. 27th?

Indiana last week. Interview in October. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!

Add another Midwestern email invite to the list! Planning on interviewing Aug. 28th, it was nice to be able to just go online and pick a date.

Here are my stats: AA-18/TS-18/PAT-22
Bio-18/GC-18/OC-19/RC-20/QR-16
Overall GPA-3.43
Science GPA-3.41

My AADSAS app. was submitted May 21, mailed to schools June 12, and sent secondary app. + fee July 7. Application was "complete" July 10!

This is the first invite for me so I'm so excited!!

Iowa October1st! Wow, so excited! :D

CASE finally sent me my letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta wait till weekday to schedule.

Any New Yorkers get any invites yet?
Please share where and your stats.
Thanks,
Dan

Got an invite from CASE!! woohoo!