interview feedback sabotage???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowdyrock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ummm, I just noticed something very suspicious when checking interview feedback. Every UT school has an entry from 9/5/06 that says something along the lines of:
"The reference of the book that I purchased from admissionmystery.com helped me a lot. It was suggested by my friend who is a successful med school student."
under the "how did you prepare" section.
I guess its not a big deal but advertising like this really pisses me off. Especially on a site like this where we are all trying to help each other out.
What are ya'll's thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

ummm, I just noticed something very suspicious when checking interview feedback. Every UT school has an entry from 9/5/06 that says something along the lines of:
"The reference of the book that I purchased from admissionmystery.com helped me a lot. It was suggested by my friend who is a successful med school student."
under the "how did you prepare" section.
I guess its not a big deal but advertising like this really pisses me off. Especially on a site like this where we are all trying to help each other out.
What are ya'll's thoughts on this?

There's a notice now on SDN Interview Feedback about this - it's an advertisement - lame, i know, just don't go buy the book!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is the notice? I can't find it

"Important Spam Notice

We are aware an individual is spamming the interview feedback resource. They are posting feedback which promotes "Admissions Mystery" or similar URLs which ultimately link to "Get-admitted-to-medical-school."

Please note that SDN does not condone this behavior. Additionally, SDN does not in any fashion support or recommend purchase of this product.

Please report any interview feedback which contains spam of this nature."

If you go into any specific feedback (like I got this randomly from the 1st entry in Harvard) it's in the big gray box on the right hand side :)

I'd also mention that some applicants hold out and only post after they've received a decision. If the decision is negative, they take their frustration out on the interview site. So take some of those negative posts that are months after an interview with a grain of salt.