Interview Invites This Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Double posting, but just got my interview invite to DMU. Oddly, I did not even have a chance to fill out their secondary. But they are my top choice, so who cares, I hope that was not a mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Double posting, but just got my interview invite to DMU. Oddly, I did not even have a chance to fill out their secondary. But they are my top choice, so who cares, I hope that was not a mistake.

Sounds like you were fast-track'd.

Woaw, no secondary? are you from Iowa?

Members don't see this ad :)
Woaw, no secondary? are you from Iowa?
No, Oregon. I do not think I have ever been to Iowa.
They still will want my LORs/secondary filled out by the time I show my face at an interview. (I was much too excited at first to read the full email -- had to share with someone).

How do you multiquote anyways? lol

PS- Congrats on getting accepted! I hope we all can share the same sense of accomplishment soon!

When you're on the computer viewing a thread, click the multi quote button under each of the comments you want to quote in your reply. Once you've done that, scroll down and click the reddish looking reply button on the left. There you have it.

Hey friends, guess what? I just got an acceptance letter from LECOM-Erie! Woot woot!
Now I have to start looking at schools I don't already have travel plans for the interviews and cancel some interviews maybe. First up on the chopping block, WVSOM and probably LMU also. Actually, I'm not sure about LMU. I've heard it's a pretty good school...
time to research.
But bottom line...I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!! Sweet beans
congrats! That's awesome...huge weight off your shoulders I'm sure.

Hey friends, guess what? I just got an acceptance letter from LECOM-Erie! Woot woot!
Now I have to start looking at schools I don't already have travel plans for the interviews and cancel some interviews maybe. First up on the chopping block, WVSOM and probably LMU also. Actually, I'm not sure about LMU. I've heard it's a pretty good school...
time to research.
But bottom line...I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!! Sweet beans

Congrats, BUT... I hope you hold out for one of the better schools. LECOM doesn't deserve you(nothing against LECOM but your stats should put you in competition with just about any DO school and you should get to be picky)

Congrats, BUT... I hope you hold out for one of the better schools. LECOM doesn't deserve you(nothing against LECOM but your stats should put you in competition with just about any DO school and you should get to be picky)

What schools are better and why? I'm just pretty ignorant of what makes a school better or worse. Thanks

What schools are better and why? I'm just pretty ignorant of what makes a school better or worse. Thanks

Well, I'm no expert either....Nobody truly is unless they've graduated from each one.

It really comes down to your excitement about the school. If you attend a few more of your interviews and they don't compare to the "vibe" you got from lecom, then you gotta go where you're happy.

If you have your eyes on a certain specialty then you might want to consider a school that is affiliated with residencies of that specialty(ie: if you have ortho in mind, LMU could actually give you a better opportunity to audition for ortho http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/search/search.cfm)

IMO, location is key. If you're happy at that location, you're more likely to let your enthusiasm carry you to the promised land than being stuck somewhere you despise (like college station hahahahahaha)

haven't heard any sort of updates from any school in a few weeks now. :( waiting=no fun.

Well, I'm no expert either....Nobody truly is unless they've graduated from each one.

It really comes down to your excitement about the school. If you attend a few more of your interviews and they don't compare to the "vibe" you got from lecom, then you gotta go where you're happy.

If you have your eyes on a certain specialty then you might want to consider a school that is affiliated with residencies of that specialty(ie: if you have ortho in mind, LMU could actually give you a better opportunity to audition for ortho http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/search/search.cfm)

IMO, location is key. If you're happy at that location, you're more likely to let your enthusiasm carry you to the promised land than being stuck somewhere you despise (like college station hahahahahaha)

The college station reference made me laugh. Even though I've never been there.
Yeah, I think part of the reason it's been so tough for me to choose is because we don't have much pull to settle down in one area or another and I don't know what specialty I'd prefer, if any. That makes it a little harder to choose. I would like good quality rotations where I can do my core rotations in one place. I have a small family and it would be best if we weren't moving all over the place.

I would like good quality rotations where I can do my core rotations in one place. I have a small family and it would be best if we weren't moving all over the place.

great point... Erie has their own hospital, right? Is it big enough to handle all rotations?

great point... Erie has their own hospital, right? Is it big enough to handle all rotations?

Yes, the millcreek hospital actually started LECOM, and then later LECOM bought the hospital. I'm not sure if you can do all your core rotations in that one hospital or not. We should ask hockeydr09. He would know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like some CCOM iis went out on the 30th.

Yeah I got mine on Thursday. I checked the portal like 2 minutes after I got the email and only 2 dates were available so I don't think a ton went out...

I live like 5 minutes from one of the medical schools I applied to, I'm almost considering hanging out there for a full day with a sign, "INTERVIEW ME!"

I really wish my state schools (or at least regional schools) would send me invites already.. 4 of my invites have been from schools that are basically the furthest away and therefore the most expensive to travel to.

I second that! Hoping for Pikeville; Marian on 9/7; still waiting on CCOM. I think this week will be a big week!

I think you're right, its about time for the next set of schools to turn it on and get with the invites!

I really wish my state schools (or at least regional schools) would send me invites already.. 4 of my invites have been from schools that are basically the furthest away and therefore the most expensive to travel to.

I am in the exact same situation right now. I am not complaining about getting these interviews at all, but my bank account would very much like to get more interviews in the west coast. Come on Western, Pomona or Touro NV!!!!!!

So I was wrong about last week; Marian did send out a few II's on Friday but promised more within a few days. Maybe PCOM this week?

Loyola Chicago today.

UMDNJ!!!!!! one of my top 3

CONGRATS!!! When were you complete/What are your stats?

3.5-4.0 / 29-31 sorry trying to keep my anonymity here until i get in somewhere,, i posted i think too many dumb posts in the past :D:D:D:D:D

waz complete 8/9

u Tiara?

Congrats on UMDNJ! When are you interviewing?

I feel like I am becoming dudeliness because I'm not sure how I'm going to pay the travel costs for all these interviews :( I'm not complaining of this problem, but it sucks that I can't immediately get the financial aid for medical school to tide me over until it starts.

Congrats on UMDNJ! When are you interviewing?

I feel like I am becoming dudeliness because I'm not sure how I'm going to pay the travel costs for all these interviews :( I'm not complaining of this problem, but it sucks that I can't immediately get the financial aid for medical school to tide me over until it starts.

I know how you feel. I have 7 so far but luckily I can drive to 3 of those.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I know how you feel. I have 7 so far but luckily I can drive to 3 of those.

I have 7 too and can only drive to 2, so I need to space them out properly to see if I get accepted to one to allow me to cancel some others. I never dreamed of having this issue. Is there something worse than a first world problem?

I bet you're stoked about those MD interviews though! I am biting the bullet and going to apply to just a few and see what happens.

Last edited:
Make that 8 ii! Wright state today.

3.5-4.0 / 29-31 sorry trying to keep my anonymity here until i get in somewhere,, i posted i think too many dumb posts in the past :D:D:D:D:D

waz complete 8/9

u Tiara?

complete 8/24, OOS (but really close to South Jersey), 3.55, 29

Interviewing 10/9!

KCUMB came out yesterday and CUSOM today! 4 total for me =]

Ha ha! Looks like nycom finally sent me a request for a secondary. A bit late if you ask me. Lol

Ha ha! Looks like nycom finally sent me a request for a secondary. A bit late if you ask me. Lol

Haha yea just a tad :thumbup:

Last edited:
Up to 7 II's now. Received one from ACOM, CUSOM and UNM (state MD) all yesterday!