Interview Invites This Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone had any experience with renting car with Dollar Rent A Car? I just purchased a package deal -flight+hotel+car- from orbitz. All the reviews on the web (yelp, etc) have such terrible things to say about this company. I was feeling good about getting an amazing deal thru orbitz but now I am thinking I may have made a mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone had any experience with renting car with Dollar Rent A Car? I just purchased a package deal -flight+hotel+car- from orbitz. All the reviews on the web (yelp, etc) have such terrible things to say about this company. I was feeling good about getting an amazing deal thru orbitz but now I am thinking I may have made a mistake.

Dollar is who I have for most of my orbitz "vacation packages". Lol
I haven't gone to any interviews just yet so I couldn't really tell you what it's like, but I can't see how it would be that bad.
What were the reviews saying so bad about dollar rentals?

Hey guys! Just joined SDN, and I have 2 interviews so far: ATSU-KCOM & CCOM. I got the first one last week of July, and the second last week.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

As long as they give you a car that works and don't charge you out the ass for bs it wasn't a mistake.

Hey guys! Just joined SDN, and I have 2 interviews so far: ATSU-KCOM & CCOM. I got the first one last week of July, and the second last week. Stats are 28P, 3.53 cGPA, and 3.38 sGPA.

3.28s/3.26c/33Q and no invite from KCOM or CCOM :(

Hey guys! Just joined SDN, and I have 2 interviews so far: ATSU-KCOM & CCOM. I got the first one last week of July, and the second last week. Stats are 28P, 3.53 cGPA, and 3.38 sGPA.

ECs? Just curious. I think that makes or breaks getting an interview earlier or later.

Congratulations! Maybe we'll run into each other then! I am still working on secondaries for a couple of schools too but my stress levels have gone down a bit now that I got an interview there!

Thanks you too!! Are you on the 12th as well?

ECs? Just curious. I think that makes or breaks getting an interview earlier or later.

Deleted after the thread was less popular- don't want everyone to know who I am! ;)

Last edited:
PreHealth Club President
Philanthropy Chair of my Sorority
Chem Club member
100 hours hospital volunteering in various departments
No clue how much non clinical volunteering but it's well over 200 (28 at a school for severely disabled students, a lot of random: American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters, American Cancer Society (organized the entire fundraiser), or organ donor type things, and St. Jude Children's hospital fundraising which I organize events for.
I shadowed 2 doctors 1 MD & 1 DO, about 30 hours experience here total.
Currently spending the summer researching DNA repair at my school
& I've been working part-time all throughout undergrad. I've been a Chem TA (2 terms), Resident Advisor (this is my 2nd year), Tutor (my 3rd year), phonathon (freshman year), Admissions this summer, and an overnight camp counselor my freshman summer.

Great ECs and clearly demonstrates how to get an interview before others, provided stats are decent (which yours are). Good luck! :thumbup:

[/CODE]
PreHealth Club President
Philanthropy Chair of my Sorority
Chem Club member
100 hours hospital volunteering in various departments
No clue how much non clinical volunteering but it's well over 200 (28 at a school for severely disabled students, a lot of random: American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters, American Cancer Society (organized the entire fundraiser), or organ donor type things, and St. Jude Children's hospital fundraising which I organize events for.
I shadowed 2 doctors 1 MD & 1 DO, about 30 hours experience here total.
Currently spending the summer researching DNA repair at my school
& I've been working part-time all throughout undergrad. I've been a Chem TA (2 terms), Resident Advisor (this is my 2nd year), Tutor (my 3rd year), phonathon (freshman year), Admissions this summer, and an overnight camp counselor my freshman summer.

So the ECs that stand out on this list are Pre-health club president and sorority. The rest of it is pretty run of the mill.. No offense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how CCOM is going about II. Any ties to IL?

[/CODE]

So the ECs that stand out on this list are Pre-health club president and sorority. The rest of it is pretty run of the mill.. No offense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how CCOM is going about II. Any ties to IL?

Not sure about that. A lot of applicants don't hold jobs throughout undergrad, as well as being very involved on campus in a diverse amount of ways at the same time, while maintaining decent grades. I think that shows a lot of commitment, dedication, and good time management, making it easier to predict future success in medical school. Just my two cents though ;)

[/CODE]

I am from Illinois, which definitely could be a factor.

Last edited:

Dollar is who I have for most of my orbitz "vacation packages". Lol
I haven't gone to any interviews just yet so I couldn't really tell you what it's like, but I can't see how it would be that bad.
What were the reviews saying so bad about dollar rentals?

As for reviews, check out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/dollar-rent-a-car-tampa. Getting the orbitz package is saving me a ton of $$, so I am just going to hope for the best.

dudeliness, mind if I PM you after your friday interview to ask how your experience with this car company went?

Just got an Interview invite from DMU today which makes 3!

stats posted above^

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As for reviews, check out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/dollar-rent-a-car-tampa. Getting the orbitz package is saving me a ton of $$, so I am just going to hope for the best.

dudeliness, mind if I PM you after your friday interview to ask how your experience with this car company went?

You can PM me if you'd like. I'll probably post in the LECOM-Erie thread details about the interview in general and here about the travel including car rental. Are you >25?

Man... Where are all the iis?!?! Maybe a lot of schools are starting up and they are busy with orientation etc? This is getting unbearably boring lol

The silence has been broken. Got a call from LMU-DCOM for an interview in the 21st! Now my only problem is that I'm scheduling so many invites that I'm broke, and all the time off of work doesn't help much either! Good problems to have!!! :D

This question may seem odd, but I just ask it because I am trying to plan a work schedule. About how long is it taking people to get interview invites after submitting secondaries, and how much time in advance are they inviting you before the actual interview dates? And which schools let you schedule you own interviews?

This question may seem odd, but I just ask it because I am trying to plan a work schedule. About how long is it taking people to get interview invites after submitting secondaries, and how much time in advance are they inviting you before the actual interview dates? And which schools let you schedule you own interviews?

So in my experience most schools have gotten back to me anywhere from a couple of weeks to a little more than a month after submitting the secondary. Most of them allowed me to schedule from a list of available days, but LMU, LECOM Bradenton and maybe another scheduled the day for me, but seemed willing to change if needed. My interviews are every week or every other week from this Friday until the 27th of sept. and you can check my mdapps for when each school invited me.
Good luck!

So in my experience most schools have gotten back to me anywhere from a couple of weeks to a little more than a month after submitting the secondary. Most of them allowed me to schedule from a list of available days, but LMU, LECOM Bradenton and maybe another scheduled the day for me, but seemed willing to change if needed. My interviews are every week or every other week from this Friday until the 27th of sept. and you can check my mdapps for when each school invited me.
Good luck!

Gracias, che.

Man... Where are all the iis?!?! Maybe a lot of schools are starting up and they are busy with orientation etc? This is getting unbearably boring lol

I am with you. I already have one from AZCOM, and I know I should be thankful for this, but I am a bit discouraged that people are getting all these interview invitations and even acceptances, while I sit here and wait.

*edit
Nevermind, I got my first MD interview invite today. Huzzah!

Last edited:
I am with you. I already have one from AZCOM, and I know I should be thankful for this, but I am a bit discouraged that people are getting all these interview invitations and even acceptances, while I sit here and wait.

*edit
Nevermind, I got my first MD interview invite today. Huzzah!

Someone has already gotten an acceptance?

Someone has already gotten an acceptance?

Shabnasty and someone like veritas something or other on the LECOM-Erie thread have both been accepted. They interviewed on the 3rd

I finally got my first II!!!!!!

It was for SOMA, which is one of my top choices as I have family in Mesa, so Im happy. And it was the first school I was complete at.

I interview on Sept 14th, so Ill see any of you there!

and good luck to those still waiting :thumbup:

It was for SOMA, which is one of my top choices as I have family in Mesa, so Im happy. And it was the first school I was complete at.

Congratulations!! Fingers crossed for you!

For some reason I thought that you already had an ii. Well congradu-frikin-lations! I'll be there on the 14th, I have AZCOM the day before so it'll be a busy weekend. We should go out after on the 14th and get something to eat! I'm sure more ii's are on their way.

Congratulations!! Fingers crossed for you!

For some reason I thought that you already had an ii. Well congradu-frikin-lations! I'll be there on the 14th, I have AZCOM the day before so it'll be a busy weekend. We should go out after on the 14th and get something to eat! I'm sure more ii's are on their way.

thanks!

You're on dudeliness...lets do it.

Congratulations! That is awesome. I am like you, I have got my first interview at my first choice lol. Keep us updated.

WOHOOOO!!!!!! CONGRATS! You must be ecstatic!

SOMA's awesome! I live right down the street from the school & a ton of my neighbors are in many of their professional programs. Good luck in your interview and I hope you find it's a right fit for you :)

Congrats! I'm sure you'll woo their pants off.

Interview strategy sub-thread....

How many interviews is a good goal? I can afford them... I work a lot and live with the parental units. And I have lots of CC points for hotels and stuff.

I'm fortunate enough to have two invites now, from schools outside my top 4 (OSU, UMDNJ, CCOM, PCOM).

assuming I get more invites, because otherwise there's no point in a strategy:

I'm thinking I should take my first two no matter what, take my next three favorites, and take a Nova invite regardless, as I wouldn't need a hotel.

How many interviews is a good goal? I can afford them... I work a lot and live with the parental units. And I have lots of CC points for hotels and stuff.

I'm fortunate enough to have two invites now, from schools outside my top 4 (OSU, UMDNJ, CCOM, PCOM).

I'm thinking I should take my first two no matter what, take my next three favorites, and take a Nova invite regardless, as I wouldn't need a hotel.

Don't ask me about strategy. I've gotten 8 invites and just went off and booked travel on each as soon as I could, then started getting a second invite for Florida or a second for the Phoenix area, and wishing I had consolidated my interviews and travel, because unfortunately my parental units can't do anything for me. Lol

Don't ask me about strategy. I've gotten 8 invites and just went off and booked travel on each as soon as I could, then started getting a second invite for Florida or a second for the Phoenix area, and wishing I had consolidated my interviews and travel, because unfortunately my parental units can't do anything for me. Lol

Not only that, but after my LECOM interview two days ago, I was thinking that I wouldn't be sad to just go there, so why all the other interviews? They're already booked so I guess I'm going or way or another but LECOM looks pretty good overall.

8? Mother of god! How many are you actually going to schedule? I told myself I would stop at 7. I figured I would been accepted by atleast 1 school out of 7.

Not only that, but after my LECOM interview two days ago, I was thinking that I wouldn't be sad to just go there, so why all the other interviews? They're already booked so I guess I'm going or way or another but LECOM looks pretty good overall.

Yeah, I think the best strategy is continuing until you have an actual acceptance. At that point, you should withdraw from all schools that you rank lower than your accepted school and continue in the process with any school you favor over your accepted school.

Yeah, I think the best strategy is continuing until you have an actual acceptance. At that point, you should withdraw from all schools that you rank lower than your accepted school and continue in the process with any school you favor over your accepted school.

I think this is the best strategy. No sense withdrawing everything if you're not accepted to something you really want.

Although with 8 interviews, I'm sure you'll hit one that suits you. You must be in some sort of euphoric state with that many scheduled. I already have a slight high just from the 2 invites I have so far. Itching for more! .

I think this is the best strategy. No sense withdrawing everything if you're not accepted to something you really want.

Although with 8 interviews, I'm sure you'll hit one that suits you. You must be in some sort of euphoric state with that many scheduled. I already have a slight high just from the 2 invites I have so far. Itching for more! .

+1. I've got 2 already but want a couple more as a cushion. I figured that once I got an interview at a school that I was on an even level with everyone else. I'm starting to see thats not the case and its making me nervous that 2 invites isnt enough to get me accepted.

+1. I've got 2 already but want a couple more as a cushion. I figured that once I got an interview at a school that I was on an even level with everyone else. I'm starting to see thats not the case and its making me nervous that 2 invites isnt enough to get me accepted.

Could be that 2 gives you two acceptances. Happened to my friend last cycle. You never know until you know. You know?

Yeah there was a high at first, but the logistics of travel and expense for so many interview is kind of hard on my brain.

Absolutely, you don't want to gamble at this stage of the game by assuming that your first few interviews will do it for you. Like i said above, you don't know until you know so just keep accepting those interviews until you get an acceptance and THEN you can start to go back and turn less desirable interviews down.
One piece of advice for you though, set your interview dates but don't buy your travel right away. That way if you get an acceptance it's much easier to just turn down an invite instead of trying to cancel flights etc. I'm going to 7 interviews whether I want to or not now.

dudeliness has 8 invites? :thumbup:

How many do you have before AZCOM?

dudeliness has 8 invites? :thumbup:

How many do you have before AZCOM?

Yeah 8 interviews. Had LECOM-Erie last Friday, Bradenton this Friday, the nova on the 6th, then AZCOM with ATSU-SOMA the next day. Next week WVSOM then LMU the next day. Week after that DMU. Maybe I'm making too much info public here, oh well.