Interview Invites This Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my 7th interview invite today (ACOM). Still in disbelief that schools like me enough to want to interview me especially since I remember making a thread titled something like "Should I apply this cycle or wait a year."

Hahahahaha nice. You will get in somewhere. Just a matter of where

Members don't see this ad.

Got my 7th interview invite today (ACOM). Still in disbelief that schools like me enough to want to interview me especially since I remember making a thread titled something like "Should I apply this cycle or wait a year."

Yeah, just goes to show that SDN isn't always the best place to get advice. There is good advice, and there are people that would tell someone to give up and slit their wrists when in reality, they could have a pretty good shot.
I'm not saying that you were an underdog or anything, just saying that if people like you and me can make it, the sky's the limit!

Yeah, just goes to show that SDN isn't always the best place to get advice. There is good advice, and there are people that would tell someone to give up and slit their wrists when in reality, they could have a pretty good shot.
I'm not saying that you were an underdog or anything, just saying that if people like you and me can make it, the sky's the limit!

SDN told me I would be lucky to get 2 or 3 interviews. I am already accepted in September and have 6 interview invitations...not as cool as 7 ... or 11... Still, one acceptance is all you need to become a physician!

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN told me I would be lucky to get 2 or 3 interviews. I am already accepted in September and have 6 interview invitations...not as cool as 7 ... or 11... Still, one acceptance is all you need to become a physician!

People keep saying 11 but I actually got 12. Sheesh. ;)
Seriously though, I stick by what I said before. If you think you may barely have a shot, go for it, you may do better than you thought.
Unless you are applying with like a 19 MCAT. Then you're screwed. :D

I completely agree. Despite my above average MCAT, I have always felt like an underdog. Just didn't post my stats in UD thread b/c people were always bitchin about who should/shouldn't be considered a UD and the overall vibe of the thread wasn't as supportive as it has been in the previous years. Whatever:rolleyes:.Even the day I submitted my primary I had so much uncertainty over if I should wait another year or not. I still have to remind myself not to get so happy with all these iis because I still dont have an acceptance. At least there is hope.:xf:

I completely agree. Despite my above average MCAT, I have always felt like an underdog. Just didn't post my stats in UD thread b/c people were always bitchin about who should/shouldn't be considered a UD and the overall vibe of the thread wasn't as supportive as it has been in the previous years. Whatever:rolleyes:.Even the day I submitted my primary I had so much uncertainty over if I should wait another year or not. I still have to remind myself not to get so happy with all these iis because I still dont have an acceptance. At least there is hope.:xf:

The problem is that stats aren't everything and many people on SDN don't know what to make of that. Also, people think that they have to be extracurricular pokemon masters and collect every single one. I just did the things I loved and have gotten the best feedback from it. I've come to realize that if you have an obvious and clear mission with your involvements, that means so much more. I'm proud of all of us. :thumbup:

The problem is that stats aren't everything and many people on SDN don't know what to make of that. Also, people think that they have to be extracurricular pokemon masters and collect every single one. I just did the things I loved and have gotten the best feedback from it. I've come to realize that if you have an obvious and clear mission with your involvements, that means so much more. I'm proud of all of us. :thumbup:

:laugh:

I agree with you though. One meaningful experience is a lot better than app filler ec.

Well said.

My advisor gave me a lot of crap about not wanting to volunteer at a hospital or trying to become an EMT. I know a lot of people gain valuable experience from those two things but I felt it wasn't something I would feel passionate or care about. I already did so many things "just to get into med school" (namely take the MCAT 2x, take ****ing physics aka the death of me and take Organic Chemistry Lab...God save the world from my lab technique).

I felt that if I need to do something that I would get personal growth and true inspiration from and so I did. I worked with kids which is what I love and even ventured into the education field a little bit. It was worth my time, I had a lot of hours doing and a lot of very valuable experiences and insights from doing it. I know I sound extremely passionate when I talk about the work I did in my undergrad and it's because it's real. I wasn't doing just to pad my app I was doing it because I loved it and because I really care. I think that really shows on my writing and when I get asked questions during the interview.

I think they not only helped me as an applicant but also gave me motivation to keep kicking and to get through all the things I didn't like in undergrad.

I find that SDN is more knowledgable about MD than DO. SDN also tends to err on the conservative side. Meaning that they'll say you only get 2 interviews when in reality you might end up with 10.. Imo that's better than people saying "OH YEA YOU'LL GET IN FOR SURE" and then you don't even get any interviews.

i find that sdn is more knowledgable about md than do. Sdn also tends to err on the conservative side. Meaning that they'll say you only get 2 interviews when in reality you might end up with 10.. Imo that's better than people saying "oh yea you'll get in for sure" and then you don't even get any interviews.

+1

I find that SDN is more knowledgable about MD than DO. SDN also tends to err on the conservative side. Meaning that they'll say you only get 2 interviews when in reality you might end up with 10.. Imo that's better than people saying "OH YEA YOU'LL GET IN FOR SURE" and then you don't even get any interviews.

+1

"Do not fear an army of lions led by a sheep, instead fear an army of sheep led by a lion."

:D :cool: c/o 2017 :cool: :D