Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

So if I submitted all of my secondaries from July 15th to August 4th, when should I start hearing about more interviews? I received two so far from Commonwealth and Drexel but was wondering what the timeline would be for others? I have a 3.98 and 509 as an FYI, applied to 27 medical schools! Any insight on interview timelines is appreciate, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It is not entirely random. Those who are "high interest" applicants for a particular medical school (think: 77+ LizzyM, URM, undergrad at that school, etc.) will receive invitations first in an effort to woo those desirable applicants before they are scooped up by other schools. After a school has finished its review of its sweetheart applicants, it will move on to applicants who are less competitive (though still interested in).

To address your question: as most schools are currently still in the "high interest" phase of their review, it's too early for you to worry. If you were a URM with 80+ LizzyM who was complete mid-July, I would say you should scratch your head at this point.

So is that why I got two IIs with a Lizzy M of 71-72? because my other stuff is pretty good I've been told

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Reviews of applications are not necessarily reviewed in chronological order or invited for interview at time of review. Superstars, linked programs, associated UG institutions, family of alumni, grads of feeder schools, URMs people who meet the school’s mission, in-state residents for state schools, linked post-bac programs like SMPs, and other factors may push an app forward in the process.

When these get added up they essentially become your interview priority. So you may get reviewed in August but priority doesn’t get you invited until February.

Hey everybody,

So if I submitted all of my secondaries from July 15th to August 4th, when should I start hearing about more interviews? I received two so far from Commonwealth and Drexel but was wondering what the timeline would be for others? I have a 3.98 and 509 as an FYI, applied to 27 medical schools! Any insight on interview timelines is appreciate, thank you!