Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey everybody,

So if I submitted all of my secondaries from July 15th to August 4th, when should I start hearing about more interviews? I received two so far from Commonwealth and Drexel but was wondering what the timeline would be for others? I have a 3.98 and 509 as an FYI, applied to 27 medical schools! Any insight on interview timelines is appreciate, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mar 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
It is not entirely random. Those who are "high interest" applicants for a particular medical school (think: 77+ LizzyM, URM, undergrad at that school, etc.) will receive invitations first in an effort to woo those desirable applicants before they are scooped up by other schools. After a school has finished its review of its sweetheart applicants, it will move on to applicants who are less competitive (though still interested in).

To address your question: as most schools are currently still in the "high interest" phase of their review, it's too early for you to worry. If you were a URM with 80+ LizzyM who was complete mid-July, I would say you should scratch your head at this point.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
It is not entirely random. Those who are "high interest" applicants for a particular medical school (think: 77+ LizzyM, URM, undergrad at that school, etc.) will receive invitations first in an effort to woo those desirable applicants before they are scooped up by other schools. After a school has finished its review of its sweetheart applicants, it will move on to applicants who are less competitive (though still interested in).

To address your question: as most schools are currently still in the "high interest" phase of their review, it's too early for you to worry. If you were a URM with 80+ LizzyM who was complete mid-July, I would say you should scratch your head at this point.
Also remember that classifications are not just based on academic metrics. All parts of the application, EC, PS, all secondary question, will adjust your classification. Hence why someone with average academic metrics but extremely well qualified in other parts, may be ranked as high interest over someone with very high academic metrics.

OP
T
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
So is that why I got two IIs with a Lizzy M of 71-72? because my other stuff is pretty good I've been told

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Reviews of applications are not necessarily reviewed in chronological order or invited for interview at time of review. Superstars, linked programs, associated UG institutions, family of alumni, grads of feeder schools, URMs people who meet the school’s mission, in-state residents for state schools, linked post-bac programs like SMPs, and other factors may push an app forward in the process.

When these get added up they essentially become your interview priority. So you may get reviewed in August but priority doesn’t get you invited until February.

Hey everybody,

So if I submitted all of my secondaries from July 15th to August 4th, when should I start hearing about more interviews? I received two so far from Commonwealth and Drexel but was wondering what the timeline would be for others? I have a 3.98 and 509 as an FYI, applied to 27 medical schools! Any insight on interview timelines is appreciate, thank you!