Interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a confidence booster.

I took the august MCAT and did pretty well (11,12, 13; vr, ps, bs). I went to pharmacy school my first two years of college and didn't do too well, but have some legitimate reasons. I took a year off to work and gain self sufficiency, then returned to school. My GPA over the past 3.5 years is a 3.98, but is really only 3.6 when you consider my stint at pharmacy school. My applications went in late (but not past any deadlines) and so far I've only gotten interviews at NYU, UMDNJ, and Vandy. Brown rejected my MSTP application, which worries me since I really would like to go to Yale. Is this going to be it? Anyone have a remotely similar situation? I'm getting pretty depressed about this

-Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine, if all you are looking to do is get into med school. Yale and the other top-notch schools are reaches for everyone. Your stats seem good, and if you have the ec's/exposure to back them up, you'll be in even better shape.

neurone said:

I took the august MCAT and did pretty well (11,12, 13; vr, ps, bs). I went to pharmacy school my first two years of college and didn't do too well, but have some legitimate reasons. I took a year off to work and gain self sufficiency, then returned to school. My GPA over the past 3.5 years is a 3.98, but is really only 3.6 when you consider my stint at pharmacy school. My applications went in late (but not past any deadlines) and so far I've only gotten interviews at NYU, UMDNJ, and Vandy. Brown rejected my MSTP application, which worries me since I really would like to go to Yale. Is this going to be it? Anyone have a remotely similar situation? I'm getting pretty depressed about this

-Kevin

Kev,

I got the exact same MCAT score and am taking a year off after getting my B.S. with a GPA of 3.6 and strong EC's including SMEP. So far I've gotten interviews at UW (Washington), Rochester, and Case Western. I'd love to go to any of those schools but my unequivocal top choice is Columbia, who I haven't heard back from yet. So I'm in a very similar situation and my feelings on it wax and wane. Yeah it's almost January already but there's still plenty of time. I'm trying to remain optimistic. I just remind myself that I made a promise to never get picky about this process and I should be more than grateful to have received three interviews. Best of luck dude. Keeping my fingers crossed.

neurone said:

-Kevin

If your applications went in late, then you're probably going to receive interviews that are further down the road-- February, March, and God forbid, April. Any acceptances yet? How did you like the schools you have interviewed at? Like one of the above posters said, Yale is kind of a reach for anyone.