Interview Preparation Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swenis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the days pass by, the dates of our future (hopefully! :luck: ) interviews draw nearer. So, that being said, let's take it upon ourselves to discuss tips that will be helpful during interview time. If all else fails, we can aim all of our stress into this thread. Current pharmacy students and those who have already undergone the interview process, please feel free to add your input as well!

I'll start. I've been re-reading my personal statement off and on so that it will be embedded in my memory when my interviewers ask questions about it. I've also been trying to come up with possible interview questions so that I may at least partially prepare for them ahead of time.

On a side note, how do you all handle stress, calm down, clear your mind, and what have you? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Going over the personal statement is a good start. I spent time examining my motivations for going into pharmacy. I pored over the school's website studying the school's history, the curriculum and looking for things that I could ask for clarification on during the interview. And don't forget the interview feedback page here on SDN - very useful information can be found there.

twester said:
Going over the personal statement is a good start. I spent time examining my motivations for going into pharmacy. I pored over the school's website studying the school's history, the curriculum and looking for things that I could ask for clarification on during the interview. And don't forget the interview feedback page here on SDN - very useful information can be found there.

Thanks! I've been reading up on the various interview feedback from many schools. I have copied many of the questions and started working on my own answers to them. What else do you recommend?

Swenis said:
Thanks! I've been reading up on the various interview feedback from many schools. I have copied many of the questions and started working on my own answers to them. What else do you recommend?

Remember when those interviews start coming up in the months ahead, that you're supposed to be nervous. Don't over prepare, it's always obvious when that's going on. Just use your communication skills to give the school an idea of who you are, what you're about and why you think you should be admitted.

Each interview is an individual event. My first interview was totally conversational and pleasant. I arrived terrified and had the terror disappear within minutes of the Dean's introduction speech. I was a little over-confident on arrival at my second interview and left the premises pretty shaken up. I was over prepared and I got called on it.