Interview question help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureDocSW

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question haha but I’m prepping for interviews and for the “tell me about yourself” I’m trying to incorporate some interesting facts about myself.

One of the facts I’m debating mentioning is that I can say my alphabet backwards...idk if this sounds dumb to say at a medical school interview but whenever it has come up in conversations with other people they seem to think it’s cool. Is it worth mentioning in a med school interview or pass?

Members don't see this ad.

This may sound like a dumb question haha but I’m prepping for interviews and for the “tell me about yourself” I’m trying to incorporate some interesting facts about myself.

One of the facts I’m debating mentioning is that I can say my alphabet backwards...idk if this sounds dumb to say at a medical school interview but whenever it has come up in conversations with other people they seem to think it’s cool. Is it worth mentioning in a med school interview or pass?

Maybe if they ask for an interesting quirk or something but I wouldn't waste the tell me about yourself question on saying that. From the feedback I've gotten you should pick 3 important things about you that are recent and relevant to the interview and build your answer around them. It's a good way to highlight some strengths while you're at it as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Don't mention it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Do not do this.

Answer the question as if long lost aunt Siobhan from Ireland asks you "so FutureDocSW, sweetie, tell me about yourself?"

Reactions: 1 user
I am almost speechless at this. I question the judgement of anyone who thinks this is worth doing in any professional setting, especially a medical school interview at anytime would make you look like a blathering idiot. This is cool to 14 year old junior HS kids. Just WTF were you thinking?
I have 4-5 really interesting facts already like traveling and hobbies etc. I wanted to see if it was ok to add a quirk in. No need to be rude. Plus one of my teachers from middle school taught me this and I learned it from her when I visited her in the hospital while volunteering where I found out she was undergoing chemo treatment. There was background to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.