• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Interview question : if you could be one cell in the body ...

About the Ads

Birdie89

Sep 5, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
    Easy. Serial killer T cells. You know, the ones that Dr. Carl H June's lab genetically modified using non-pathogenic HIV containing genes to allow T cells to recognize and kill tumor cells of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

KnuxNole

Sweets Addict
    15+ Year Member
    May 3, 2006
    1. Attending Physician
      I wish people wouldn't ask such pointless interview questions. What does it really accomplish?

Some people like to ask these kinda stuff to gauge personalities and creativity. Also, to see who gets flustered and whatnot. Personally, I prefer conversational interviews but meh.

On topic: Leydig cells. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 2, 2013
      MN
      1. Medical Student
        I'd be any cell in the Fallopian tubes/ovaries area that isn't routinely lost because I'm a fan of the Longhorns and the female digestive tract REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM looks like the Longhorns' symbol.

I was working overnight when I posted that. Forgive me. >.<

Last edited:
        Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads

Starry

Wish on a different star
        May 24, 2013
        1. Medical Student
          Tongue cell. I like food. And talking. And other fun things that tongues do.

Edit: and one of my fav. arguments against "Nature didn't intend for so-and-so body part to do that!" is "Nature didn't intend for the tongue to lick stamps either." ;)

About the Ads

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
          7+ Year Member
          Jul 9, 2012
          The Black
          1. Medical Student
            Endosymbiant theory says it used to be its own cell. Prokaryote though, so I guess it still doesn't qualify.
            Nah, the question was "cell in the human body"...didn't specify further. You could, for example, go with a gut bacterium if you so chose...actually, given that they outnumber our cells, it's not a bad option. First dibs on french fries for (a very short) life!

Reactions: 1 user

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
            Sep 30, 2012
            1. Medical Student
              Nah, the question was "cell in the human body"...didn't specify further. You could, for example, go with a gut bacterium if you so chose...actually, given that they outnumber our cells, it's not a bad option. First dibs on french fries for (a very short) life!
              Very good point, I thought of that just after I posted last. My vote still goes to the cancer cell above. Divide and conquer!

DoctorLacrosse

7+ Year Member
              Jan 18, 2012
              The Intrawebz
              1. Medical Student
                like a couple others here I'd obviously have to be a sperm cell...

I'm just gonna keep on swimming towards my goal with the odds stacked against me hoping I someday get to reach and fertilize that egg.

keep on swimming people.

EDIT: I originally wrote this thinking it'd end up a funny post, but turns out my life actually greatly resembles that of a sperm cell. inspirational haha

Reactions: 1 users
                About the Ads
                About the Ads
                This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.