You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview question : if you could be one cell in the body ...
Started by zeiss
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ketchup
A progenitor cell. They lead to many different kinds of cells (immune cells, WBCs, RBCs), help the body fight infection (down the road of diversification that is), and can adapt to what the body needs them to be.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish people wouldn't ask such pointless interview questions. What does it really accomplish?
I wish people wouldn't ask such pointless interview questions. What does it really accomplish?
Tests your tolerance for BSing in the context of an obvious power differential. Beyond that who knows.
Lithium
I wish people wouldn't ask such pointless interview questions. What does it really accomplish?
Some people like to ask these kinda stuff to gauge personalities and creativity. Also, to see who gets flustered and whatnot. Personally, I prefer conversational interviews but meh.
On topic: Leydig cells. 😉
I'd be any cell in the Fallopian tubes/ovaries area that isn't routinely lost because I'm a fan of the Longhorns and the female digestive tract REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM looks like the Longhorns' symbol.
I was working overnight when I posted that. Forgive me. >.<
I was working overnight when I posted that. Forgive me. >.<
Last edited:
Hepatocyte. I'm multi talented and enjoy eating and drinking.
I'd be any cell in the Fallopian tubes/ovaries area that isn't routinely lost because I'm a fan of the Longhorns and the female digestive tract looks like the Longhorns' symbol.
Or the Dodge truck logo.
Sperm cell here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
487806
I wish people wouldn't ask such pointless interview questions. What does it really accomplish?
Because these schools select against applicants who aren't bio majors, which kills them as diversity is destroyed. This question is useless.
A cancer cell, because my mission is to conquer and rule this world.
Mitochondria - the party don't start till I walk through the door B)
But I cheated and picked an organelle instead lol
But I cheated and picked an organelle instead lol
Last edited:
I'd be an osteocyte. Yea...they're pretty solid. *intentional pun cuz that's my humor*
Plus I'm not going anywhere any time soon.
Plus I'm not going anywhere any time soon.
Or the Dodge truck logo.
Sperm cell here.
U stole my answer, I thought I was gonna get to make the funnie joke
Endosymbiant theory says it used to be its own cell. Prokaryote though, so I guess it still doesn't qualify.Mitochondria - the party don't start till I walk through the door B)
But I cheated and picked an organelle instead lol
Endosymbiant theory says it used to be its own cell. Prokaryote though, so I guess it still doesn't qualify.

The rain is coming out early today... 😛
Halp, I'm being oppressed! 😀
Nah, the question was "cell in the human body"...didn't specify further. You could, for example, go with a gut bacterium if you so chose...actually, given that they outnumber our cells, it's not a bad option. First dibs on french fries for (a very short) life!Endosymbiant theory says it used to be its own cell. Prokaryote though, so I guess it still doesn't qualify.
Very good point, I thought of that just after I posted last. My vote still goes to the cancer cell above. Divide and conquer!Nah, the question was "cell in the human body"...didn't specify further. You could, for example, go with a gut bacterium if you so chose...actually, given that they outnumber our cells, it's not a bad option. First dibs on french fries for (a very short) life!
Easy, medium spiny GABA-ergic neuron in the nucleus accumbens. Pleasuring people all day long baby
Gotta be a stem cell. That way you could serve different needs, depending on what the body wants. Also, then you don't have programmed senescence (at least pre-differentiation), and your main job is to reproduce😉.
4
487806
Prison cell
Personally, I wanna be a weather cell.
/Agent B for bad puns 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd be a squamous cell in the cervix. You know why. 😉
like a couple others here I'd obviously have to be a sperm cell...
I'm just gonna keep on swimming towards my goal with the odds stacked against me hoping I someday get to reach and fertilize that egg.
keep on swimming people.
EDIT: I originally wrote this thinking it'd end up a funny post, but turns out my life actually greatly resembles that of a sperm cell. inspirational haha
I'm just gonna keep on swimming towards my goal with the odds stacked against me hoping I someday get to reach and fertilize that egg.
keep on swimming people.
EDIT: I originally wrote this thinking it'd end up a funny post, but turns out my life actually greatly resembles that of a sperm cell. inspirational haha
I'd be a squamous cell in the cervix. You know why. 😉
Longhorns fan? 😀
Longhorns fan? 😀
In a sense, yes!
+1A progenitor cell. They lead to many different kinds of cells (immune cells, WBCs, RBCs), help the body fight infection (down the road of diversification that is), and can adapt to what the body needs them to be.
U stole my answer, I thought I was gonna get to make the funnie joke
Hahaha i'm surprised no one beat me to it in the first dozen posts...
U stole my answer, I thought I was gonna get to make the funnie joke
Hahaha i'm surprised no one beat me to it in the first dozen posts...
U stole my answer, I thought I was gonna get to make the funnie joke
Hahaha i'm surprised no one beat me to it in the first dozen posts...
..
The Egg Cell. Literally the sluttiest cell in the body.
How is the egg slutty? The vast majority of egg cells only couple with 1 partner. 😵
I suppose they are occasionally covered in splooj, but aren't we all from time to time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Platelet! When things go haywire, I like to be involved in the process of patching things up and calming down the situation.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 566
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K