Interviewing? - Avoid United Airlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pasiley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you cancel an interview and take an airline credit....

I had a united credit, United made it a HUGE hassle to redeem. It took me 4+ hours on the phone to redeem and they charged me $150 to change (which I knew and understood) but then accidental charged me a phone fee (it could not be done online) and now won't refund the accidental charge.

Anyways,to avoid this try another airline or better yet Southwest which does not have a cancellation fee and redemption are all done online and quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

Good advice. After my first interview flight got rescheduled and I was luckily refunded, I booked my next 3 flights with Southwest and everything has been sound! No fees for changing flight plans. I even received a $17 credit because 2 days after I booked my flight, the departure price decreased. I changed flights and got my cc credited back the difference.

Feelsgoodman:thumbup:

Last edited:
I never fly United. I have had awful experiences with them in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rabble rabble no leg room on southwest rabble rabble :(

I never fly United because it's always late

I have my own private jet. Cmon guys step your game up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

You can have good or bad experiences on any airline. If you book way ahead of time and make changes way ahead of time, then Southwest is fantastic. If you are expecting to make same day changes with Southwest and save money, think again. You won't have to pay the change fee, but you will have to pay the fare difference. Walk-up unrestricted fares are usually extremely expensive and usually way more than what you originally paid.

I've found American to be the worst. Either way, my flight/interview schedules have been too tight for me to have any choices regardless.

You mean United Scare-lines? My experience with them has been delays and emergency landings.

<3 Southwest

If you cancel an interview and take an airline credit....

I had a united credit, United made it a HUGE hassle to redeem. It took me 4+ hours on the phone to redeem and they charged me $150 to change (which I knew and understood) but then accidental charged me a phone fee (it could not be done online) and now won't refund the accidental charge.

Anyways,to avoid this try another airline or better yet Southwest which does not have a cancellation fee and redemption are all done online and quickly.

I hate to break it to you, but they are all like that. The only airlines I've enjoyed are Virgin and Jet Blue.

I hate to break it to you, but they are all like that. The only airlines I've enjoyed are Virgin and Jet Blue.

You're probably right but I've had really good experiences with southwest and nothing bad has happened with frontier, delta, us airways, or sun country. I'm not too hard to please. United has just disappointed every time I have flown them which sadly was several times thîs year.

Last edited:

Virgin has the best in flight experience imho with the TV and plug at every seat. Ordering food on the TV was really fun for like 10 minutes. Changes are expensive with Virgin though.

I have had the best overall experience with Southwest. Changing flights is so easy and costs nothing. Flights are cheap and plentiful and no assigned seating makes loading the plane so much less of a hassle. Just be prepared to hop around the country if you need to get anywhere far.