Interviews in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aggiemaj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that TMDSAS works a little different than AMCAS, but if you send in your application early (ex: May/June), do you always get your interview early? Or do they evaluate your application and place you down the line if you're scores aren't that great? I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I hope someone out there understands what I'm talking about! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

yea, if you turn it in early you get interviews early. i know some people that got some interviews with ok grades

They send out your application as soon as it's complete. You might want to check that they have everything. You can see the status online at http://dpweb1.dp.utexas.edu/mdac/mdatdf.html.

I don't know what the schools do after they have your application. UT Houston invited me to interview really quickly, but UTMB is still "reviewing my application" and they've had it for almost a month.

Oh, when TMDSAS sends out your app, they will send you a letter with your one-page summary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. My situation is that my application was sent out at the end of July. Two weeks later, I had an interview lined up at UTMB ... but I haven't heard from any other schools, so I was just curious.

Anybody know approx how many people UTSA interviews? I know UTMB gives around 900 interviews.