Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
feuenglace said:
Don't feel bad, everyone!!! I, too, got the boot from Yale. We should have a little "Yale is dumb because they don't want us" party, lol...

Ditto for me. #9 rejection here. And I love the party idea. I mean they do say its the hardest of all the clinical phd programs to get into so I wasn't surprised. I'm glad the first place I got rejected from was there. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

cozy said:
did you just hear from yale today? i hadn't heard anything yet. i got the boot from colorado - letter in the mail, how warm! on a brighter note, i'll be at vanderbilt this weekend; if anyone else is going, let me know:)

I'm expecting this letter from Colorado any day now! Oh well, they weren't one of my top choices anyway...

I got an interview invitation from Auburn Clinical today! Their weekend is March 3-5 if anyone is wondering. This is my first interview and I'm SO EXCITED. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
spark said:
I got an interview invitation from Auburn Clinical today! Their weekend is March 3-5 if anyone is wondering. This is my first interview and I'm SO EXCITED. :D

Congratulations! This just shows you that things are not over yet and there are still chances at more interviews :)

s3v_Clinical said:
================================================
Do you know if they are done extending phone interviews at Stony Brook?

Sorry, I don't know for sure. Everything over there goes by the individual professor. That is, they do not have those department "interview weekend". You might do phone + on site individual interview with a professor, only phone interview,none, etc.. all depending on the potential mentor's preference.
Wish you luck!

has anyone heard from Catholic? Last I corresponded with a professor there, she said there would be a second wave of interviews invites.

butterfli73 said:
Ditto for me. #9 rejection here. And I love the party idea. I mean they do say its the hardest of all the clinical phd programs to get into so I wasn't surprised. I'm glad the first place I got rejected from was there. :oops:

when did people hear from yale?

has anyone heard back from duke regarding whether or not they were accepted after the interview?

It will be a few more days before Duke makes official offers. I heard from a professor that they have submitted nominations to the graduate school for fellowships, and will make their final admissions decisions based on the results from that process. There are some budget allocation issues to work out.

Anybody going to USC tomorrow? I'll see you guys there!

betty

waitingisnotfun said:
has anyone heard from Catholic? Last I corresponded with a professor there, she said there would be a second wave of interviews invites.

I just got a call late this afternoon from the prof. I wanted to work with at Catholic. I have an interview on Feb 20th and I heard they are doing them on Feb. 21st too. Also FYI for anyone interested I got a rejection from University of Nevada.

psychchic said:
I just got a call late this afternoon from the prof. I wanted to work with at Catholic. I have an interview on Feb 20th and I heard they are doing them on Feb. 21st too. Also FYI for anyone interested I got a rejection from University of Nevada.

psychchic, was that UNLV or UN-Reno? thanks!

does anyone know anything about UNLV's APA accreditation status?

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and want to thank everyone for all of this great info...what a relief to find people going through the same thing as me!! Here is the info that I can share so far:

Already Sent out Invitations:
Yale
Emory
UNC
Duke
BU
UVA (Curry)
UCLA
UC Berkeley
Univ of Maryland (College Park)

Does anyone have any updated news about Northwestern, Penn, GW and/or Harvard? Has anyone heard from them yet?

This process is really tough! I never realized just how competitive these programs are!!! (I think I was in denial) :)

I know that UNC, Columbia Teachers College, and University of Pittsburgh were supposed to be wrapping up their interview offers this week. Does anyone know if they've completed extending interviews?

I'm trying to hold off from calling, as I don't want to be that crazy clinical girl who pesters the program every day, lol...

Also, has anyone at all heard from Harvard? I have called, emailed, tried telepathy... No one at that school ever answers! If anyone has heard ANYTHING from Harvard, I would really appreciate the information.

Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you going to the Penn State interviews this weekend, although I am going for the child track, both tracks have the pizza party together tomorrow night so maybe we'll meet there. You are welcome to PM me if you want to find someone there that you sorta know :)

feuenglace said:
I know that UNC, Columbia Teachers College, and University of Pittsburgh were supposed to be wrapping up their interview offers this week. Does anyone know if they've completed extending interviews?

I'm trying to hold off from calling, as I don't want to be that crazy clinical girl who pesters the program every day, lol...

Also, has anyone at all heard from Harvard? I have called, emailed, tried telepathy... No one at that school ever answers! If anyone has heard ANYTHING from Harvard, I would really appreciate the information.

Good luck, everyone!

So word has it that Harvard doesn't even interview in years past. Go figure.

caffeinebean said:
psychchic, was that UNLV or UN-Reno? thanks!

does anyone know anything about UNLV's APA accreditation status?

It was University of Nevada-Reno.

GradGurl said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and want to thank everyone for all of this great info...what a relief to find people going through the same thing as me!! Here is the info that I can share so far:

Yale
Emory
UNC
Duke
BU
UVA (Curry)
UCLA
UC Berkeley

Does anyone have any updated news about Northwestern, Penn, GW and/or Harvard? Has anyone heard from them yet?

This process is really tough! I never realized just how competitive these programs are!!! (I think I was in denial) :)

I have an interview with GW-counseling tomorrow and an interview with GW psyd first week in March. I did not apply to GW Clinical. Hope that helps.

GradGurl said:
Hi all,

Yale
Emory
UNC
Duke
BU
UVA (Curry)
UCLA
UC Berkeley

I am interviewing with GW-Counseling tomorrow and GW psyd first week in March. I did not apply to GW Clinical. Hope this helps, good luck.

positivepsych said:
So word has it that Harvard doesn't even interview in years past. Go figure.

No interviews... Ahhhhh. That makes SO much more sense. I have literally emailed or called them once a week for the past three weeks, and I figured SOMEONE would have emailed me or called me by now, even if just to say interviews had been extended and I hadn't received one (so go away, lol). I guess I'll just have to suck it up and wait for the letter, for better or for worse. Thanks for the update, though!!!

In other news, I did receive an interview at Suffolk University. Offers were just extended today for Friday, March 3rd or Saturday, March 4th, with a social event on the Friday night. Anyone else going? :)

In other news, I did receive an interview at Suffolk University. Offers were just extended today for Friday, March 3rd or Saturday, March 4th, with a social event on the Friday night. Anyone else going? :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Were you notified by phone or email? Was the invite from a specific faculty member?

psychchic said:
I am interviewing with GW-Counseling tomorrow and GW psyd first week in March. I did not apply to GW Clinical. Hope this helps, good luck.

GW clinical hasnt extended interview invites yet - they will be out at the end of Feb/beginning of March, i am told.

Congrats! Were you notified by phone or email? Was the invite from a specific faculty member?[/QUOTE]

The notification was by email from the secretary, not a faculty member.

Hello everyone!

I just did my weekly program calling and wanted to share the following information:

- University of North Carolina has already extended all of their interview invitations.
- According to the secretary at Harvard University, she "believes" that all interview invitations have been extended, but would not say so conclusively.
- Columbia University Teachers College has contacted their first round of interviewees, and will contact their second round next week for interviews on March 9.
- Nova Southeastern University has NOT sent out interview offers yet, and will not do so until mid- to late-February.
- University of Pittsburgh was, unfortunately, unavailable, though I had heard from them previously that interviewees were supposed to be contact this week for an interview weekend on February 24 and 25.

Good luck everyone! Congrats if you were contacted and don't feel too bad if you weren't - I'm right there with you. :(

University of North Carolina (?) ... I applied to chapel hill... and still havent heard

marissaleigh77 said:
University of North Carolina (?) ... I applied to chapel hill... and still havent heard

i haven't heard from chapel hill either.

anyone heard anything from Duke regarding acceptance? I they said we'd hear by today...

Any news from any of the following schools?

USC Clinical and BCS
UNC Chapel Hill
Wash U
Pitt
Northwestern
BU
Stanford
UPenn
Harvard

I havent heard anything yet and am wondering if they will just not be sending a rejection until April...
I am a little discouraged because I've had 2 RA positions, graduated from Cornell, 760 Q/ 640 V gre, and have only heard from 2 schools... any ideas on why I may not be getting interviews? :(
thanks!

marissaleigh77 said:

USC Clinical and BCS
UNC Chapel Hill
Wash U
Pitt
Northwestern
BU
Stanford
UPenn
Harvard

I havent heard anything yet and am wondering if they will just not be sending a rejection until April...
I am a little discouraged because I've had 2 RA positions, graduated from Cornell, 760 Q/ 640 V gre, and have only heard from 2 schools... any ideas on why I may not be getting interviews? :(
thanks!
Do you have clinical and/or research experience?

mpino said:
Do you have clinical and/or research experience?

Yeah, actually over 2 years of experience from 2 different universities... the only thing that I figure is that my research is not completely relevant to what I want to be doing.. but I've been told by professors that it is not as important that you be doing the exact research and more that you just have experience

marissaleigh77 said:
Yeah, actually over 2 years of experience from 2 different universities... the only thing that I figure is that my research is not completely relevant to what I want to be doing.. but I've been told by professors that it is not as important that you be doing the exact research and more that you just have experience

i am sure u will hear from more schools...just give it a bit more time

mpino said:
i am sure u will hear from more schools...just give it a bit more time

Thanks... I just think that i drastically underestimated the odds. Anyhoo, anyone that has heard from the schools posted above.... please post- it will definitely help to know if you arent even in the running... the not knowing is worse than rejection.

marissaleigh77 said:
Thanks... I just think that i drastically underestimated the odds. Anyhoo, anyone that has heard from the schools posted above.... please post- it will definitely help to know if you arent even in the running... the not knowing is worse than rejection.

I just received an official rejection notice from Northwestern. :(

marissaleigh77 said:
pitt is on my list, and I've heard from them 2 weeks ago. interviews are 24-26 feb so they're getting close. Unfortunately I don't know of any other one from your list. I'm impatiently waiting for penn to make a decision, so if anyone heared anything from them I would be really happy to know one way or another.
good luck!

marissaleigh77 said:

USC Clinical and BCS
UNC Chapel Hill
Wash U
Pitt
Northwestern
BU
Stanford
UPenn
Harvard

thanks!

What schools have you heard from?

Has anyone heard from Pitt or BrynMawr's Developmental-Clinical programs?

I spoke with a professor from U of Montana-Missoula last night and interview invitations should be going out soon. Unfortunately March 3rd is the interview date and I'm already scheduled to go to another interview that weekend. I've also recently heard from BGSU and U of Missouri-St. Louis about interviews. The following are the schools I still have not heard from, however. Let me know if anyone's heard anything!

U of Penn (I know others are waiting on this one too)
Harvard (who knows what the situation here is!)
U of Kansas - Lawrence
U of NM - Albuquerque
Saint Louis U
Wash U in St. Louis
Univ of CO - Boulder (I think someone on this board got a letter from them, but I've heard nothing good or bad so far.)
SUNY - Albany

I'll probably try to make some calls this afternoon to figure out what's going on with these schools!

U Maine interviews have been extended.

Mell-Dogg said:
I spoke with a professor from U of Montana-Missoula last night and interview invitations should be going out soon. Unfortunately March 3rd is the interview date and I'm already scheduled to go to another interview that weekend. I've also recently heard from BGSU and U of Missouri-St. Louis about interviews. The following are the schools I still have not heard from, however. Let me know if anyone's heard anything!

U of Kansas - Lawrence
U of NM - Albuquerque
Saint Louis U
Wash U in St. Louis
Univ of CO - Boulder (I think someone on this board got a letter from them, but I've heard nothing good or bad so far.)
SUNY - Albany

I'll probably try to make some calls this afternoon to figure out what's going on with these schools!

I've been waiting on UPenn too but I saw on another forum that someone got interview invitation. The person was contacted via email not from a professor but from the director of the clinical program. Oh well..

Anyone heard from UNC-Chapel Hill or Northwestern-Feinberg??
Looks like invitations are winding down.. :(

Mell-Dogg said:

U of Kansas - Lawrence
U of NM - Albuquerque
Saint Louis U
Wash U in St. Louis
SUNY - Albany

I recieved an email from admissions office at U Kansas last week that they couldn't tell me when interviews were happening because committes set up their own schedule.

I think UNM is just starting the review process now. I got a letter in the mail that my file was complete and an email form the psyc dept that files were just starting to get reviewed.

Meanwhile- has anyone heard anything from U Miami (clinical health) or UW- adult clinical?

indigobluej said:
I've been waiting on UPenn too but I saw on another forum that someone got interview invitation. The person was contacted via email not from a professor but from the director of the clinical program. Oh well..

Anyone heard from UNC-Chapel Hill or Northwestern-Feinberg??
Looks like invitations are winding down.. :(

I called Northwestern-Feinberg last week. They are done extending interviews, but I am in an "overflow" category to be invited if none of the applicants work out. Don't know about UNC-Chapel Hill, though.

Mell-Dogg said:

U of Kansas - Lawrence
U of NM - Albuquerque
Saint Louis U
Wash U in St. Louis
SUNY - Albany

Wash U has 40 people interviewing this weekend (Feb 17-19th). Clinical, social, and developmental are all on the same day from what I understand. I am a developmental interviewee and will be there on this weekend.

deliutza said:
What schools have you heard from?

Vanderbilt and Utah (had interview at Vanderbilt and Utah next week)

Anyone hear from USC? I live in LA.. and havent received any mail/notice- does anyone know about the alternate process- how it works,if we are notified .. etc

I applied there too. I got a thin letter yesterday (I was sure it was a rejection and almost didnt open) it ended up being a letter telling me my application was ready to be forwarded to the psychology department for consideration...interesting since i turned it in months ago. Hope that helps. I am not sure if others have had interviews etc.

marissaleigh77 said:
Vanderbilt and Utah (had interview at Vanderbilt and Utah next week)

Anyone hear from USC? I live in LA.. and havent received any mail/notice- does anyone know about the alternate process- how it works,if we are notified .. etc

psychchic said:
I applied there too. I got a thin letter yesterday (I was sure it was a rejection and almost didnt open) it ended up being a letter telling me my application was ready to be forwarded to the psychology department for consideration...interesting since i turned it in months ago. Hope that helps. I am not sure if others have had interviews etc.

I have also applied to USC but haven't heard or received an email from them. I don't know what is going on.

Rxxx said:
I have also applied to USC but haven't heard or received an email from them. I don't know what is going on.

USC (University of Southern California) has already begun interviews (and may have ended them already). I got an email from them in early-mid January about interviewing in early February. They are supposed to sit down on Feb. 22 and decide who gets in. They only interviewed 30-35 people.

I don't understand why these schools are so mean and not keeping all students informed. I would say everyone shouldn't hesitate to call schoosl they haven't heard back from already. I made a couple calls last week and the secretaries told me when they were going to notify interviewees.

psychgal said:
Wash U has 40 people interviewing this weekend (Feb 17-19th). Clinical, social, and developmental are all on the same day from what I understand. I am a developmental interviewee and will be there on this weekend.

I got a rejection letter from Colorado, they have already had interviews. I haven't heard a thing from Chapel Hill, Yale, or Virginia Curry. Anyone know anything about Duke's regarding acceptance?

sumo said:
USC (University of Southern California) has already begun interviews (and may have ended them already). I got an email from them in early-mid January about interviewing in early February. They are supposed to sit down on Feb. 22 and decide who gets in. They only interviewed 30-35 people.

I don't understand why these schools are so mean and not keeping all students informed. I would say everyone shouldn't hesitate to call schoosl they haven't heard back from already. I made a couple calls last week and the secretaries told me when they were going to notify interviewees.

Thanks for your reply. I have applied in the developmental program at USC, are you talking about the same.

Rxxx said:
Thanks for your reply. I have applied in the developmental program at USC, are you talking about the same.

No, I was talking about clinical. I know nothing about developmental at USC.

Also, I know professors at Duke (clinical) who have already been interviewing (and maybe accepting) grad students for the clinical program. I didn't apply there though.

sumo said:
No, I was talking about clinical. I know nothing about developmental at USC.

Also, I know professors at Duke (clinical) who have already been interviewing (and maybe accepting) grad students for the clinical program. I didn't apply there though.

I got my Duke rejection through email notification...you click on the link, and login, and it will have your letter of acceptance/rejection.

Rxxx said:

Hi, I applied to the developmental programme at USC and had two phone interviews with them in January. They say that they have submitted my name for fellowship application, but I have yet to receive anything in the post from them. I have gotten several e-mails though. Perhaps they have just contacted me earlier as I am overseas and could not attend interviews in person.

Has anyone heard from the University of Virginia's or the University of Wisconsin - Madison's developmental programmes? Thanks!

Just got back from northeastern. i had a mixed day, showed up an hour late thanks to traffic on the mass pike, but i only missed the informational section about financial aid and housing.

the interview itself was fairly brief and casual. i thought they would ask more questions and in a more formal tone. basically all they asked was where i was from, why i want to go, and what i want to do. I asked them a variety of specific questions and most of them were beat around the bush or simply unanswered. the lady basically commanded the entire conversation (which inwardly i found to be quite annoying and rude). she was funny at times and very condescending at others.

i felt like the program was lacking and very unselective as over 50 people were there, but they only expect to get 20. there were only about 3 males there. the atmosphere was impersonal and alienating in my opinion (most people felt out of place wandering aimlessly), it basically seemed like you had to do whatever until your interview started.