Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
psychgrrl said:
USC is interviewing this week

I have applied in Developmental area at USC. I haven't heard anything yet, do you think all invites have been sent till now

Members don't see this ad.

konrad said:
I received an email invitation to U Vermont yesterday evening, from my prof of interest. I haven't had any official contact yet. I also heard from UMass Boston last night.

konrad, which professor contacted you? Did they give you an interview weekend date?

Thanks.

zbombvt said:
konrad, which professor contacted you? Did they give you an interview weekend date?

Thanks.

I'm sticking to my policy of anonymity regarding naming names (sorry), but I can tell you that the interview dates (for UMass Boston) are 2/17 or 2/24. I don't know the Vermont dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rxxx said:
I have applied in Developmental area at USC. I haven't heard anything yet, do you think all invites have been sent till now

Oh, im not sure about Dev - i was referring to clinical. Sorry for the confusion.

konrad said:
I'm sticking to my policy of anonymity regarding naming names (sorry), but I can tell you that the interview dates (for UMass Boston) are 2/17 or 2/24. I don't know the Vermont dates.

UVM's dates are Friday, February 17th or Monday, February 20th.

Has anyone heard about interviews at Rutgers (clinical PhD) or U Miami yet?
By the way- congratulations to all of you doing so well with your interviews- that is awesome!

UMAPsych said:
UVM's dates are Friday, February 17th or Monday, February 20th.

Did you receive an email or a phone call? Do you know if UVM and/or UMass Boston are done extending interview invitations? Thanks so much.

Has anyone heard from the clinical program of any of the following schools yet?

Uni of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Uni of Texas - Austin
Uni of Alabama - Birmingham
Washington State - Pullman

Thanks and congrats everyone!!

Anyone heard from....

Bryna Mawr College
Georgia State University
Southern Methodist University

Hello everyone!

I have been a "busy bee" calling and emailing Ph.D. programs and here is the fruit of my labors...

Offers for interviews have already gone out for the following schools (Sadly, if you have not heard yet, you probably won't):
* University of Oregon (dates unknown)
* Duke University (dates unknown)
* Florida State University (February 17 & 18)
* University of South Florida (February 3)
* University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (February 25)
* Northern Illinois University (February 24)

The following schools have already extended interviews offers, but may offer a 2nd wave of interviews based on the results of the first wave:
* Catholic University (Jan 30 & 31 / end of February)
* Rutgers (If you did not receive an interview thus far, CALL and the graduate secretary can tell you whether you are in the running for second tier interviews or if you are rejected)

The following schools have not yet extended interview offers:
* University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Offers will be extended by February 10 for an interview session on February 24)
* Yale University (Phone interviews have begun and will continue into early next week. If you have not heard by the end of next week, you probably won't.)
* Columbia University Teachers College (Offers will be extended either the end of this week or the beginning of next week for interviews sessions on March 2 & 9)
* Nova Southeastern University (Offers will be extended in mid-February for interview sessions on March 17 & 20)
* Suffolk University (Offers will be extended by February 15 for interview sessions on March 3 & 4)

I still have not received a reply from the following schools but will continue to persevere in my pestering:
* Harvard
* University of Pittsburgh

If anything knows any information about those two, I'd really appreciate it. I hope this information helps. Best of luck everyone!!!

feuenglace said:
Hello everyone!

I have been a "busy bee" calling and emailing Ph.D. programs and here is the fruit of my labors...

Offers for interviews have already gone out for the following schools (Sadly, if you have not heard yet, you probably won't):

The following schools have already extended interviews offers, but may offer a 2nd wave of interviews based on the results of the first wave:
* Rutgers (If you did not receive an interview thus far, CALL and the graduate secretary can tell you whether you are in the running for second tier interviews or if you are rejected)

* University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Offers will be extended by February 10 for an interview session on February 24)
* Yale University (Phone interviews have begun and will continue into early next week. If you have not heard by the end of next week, you probably won't.)
* Columbia University Teachers College (Offers will be extended either the end of this week or the beginning of next week for interviews sessions on March 2 & 9)
* Nova Southeastern University (Offers will be extended in mid-February for interview sessions on March 17 & 20)
* Suffolk University (Offers will be extended by February 15 for interview sessions on March 3 & 4)

I still have not received a reply from the following schools but will continue to persevere in my pestering:
* Harvard

If anything knows any information about those two, I'd really appreciate it. I hope this information helps. Best of luck everyone!!!

Excellent post, keep posting such information. I had an phone interview few weeks ago from University of Denver ( Developmental) and now I am going for their recruiting weekend. What should I understand will there be another elimination round after this or I am in the the final selected ones.

feuenglace said:
Hello everyone!

I have been a "busy bee" calling and emailing Ph.D. programs and here is the fruit of my labors...QUOTE]

Very impressive, thanks feuenglace, helps answer a lot of questions.

psychchic said:
Hi everyone. So I applied to GMU, Catholic University, and University of Maryland Baltimore County. Has anyone heard from them? I also was wondering about University of Arizona and University of Alabama. Has any of these schools started interview offers? If I havent heard am I outa luck?
Anybody that knows anything pleeeeaase pleeaase tell me.
Thanks.

I also applied to Alabama and UMBC and have not heard anything. Good luck!

snh

Members don't see this ad :)
snh said:
I also applied to Alabama and UMBC and have not heard anything. Good luck!

snh

I wrote to the graduate secretary at UMBC asking when interviews are scheduled and whether invitations had been extended yet, and I haven't heard anything. It's odd because she's always been so responsive before, and I wrote last Thursday. I'm not sure what to think. Please post if you hear anything.

Excellent information - thank you.

BTW, I will be at UT Southwestern on February 25!!

Hi guys, I got an interview at Univ of Florida this morning. Their interview weekend is March3-4.

feuenglace said:
When i had contacted CUA, a professor told me they were only halfway through reviewing the applications, so the second interview wave is *NOT* dependent on the first set of interviews. :)

2/3 - I've edited my smiley - because i didn't realize i'd put the one with little hearts jumping out of its head!!! i'm not in love with CUA being only halfway through reviewing applications!

Rxxx said:
I have also applied in Umichigan Ann Arbor. I believe they will be sending out invitations next week.
Thanks!!

to whoever applied to antioch: they are reviewing applications right now and are notifying for interviews at the middle of this month

i applied to alabama too and have heard nothing yet. which professor did u guys mention?

feuenglace said:
Hello everyone!

* Harvard

Thankx feuenglance for the info! University of Pittsburgh started calling people atthe beginning of this week and will still be calling until the end of next week. Interview is Feb 24-26. Don't know anything about Harvard though, but I;m trying to find out as well! :confused:
Does anyone know anything from wisconsin madison or illinois @ urbana champaign?
thanx!

This may be a long shot, but is anyone here applying to the University of North Dakota (clinical)? I am applying, but haven't heard from them yet about interviews.

Hey guys - i found out today that U Miami's invitations have already gone out. i didn't hear. :(

waitingisnotfun said:
Hey guys - i found out today that U Miami's invitations have already gone out. i didn't hear. :(

how did u find out? did u call?
thanx

deliutza said:
how did u find out? did u call?
thanx

I emailed the program director, who said that invitations have gone out, but they won't be making any final decisions until the end of the month. So, it's possible, but very unlikely that we'd get in if we haven't gotten an interview already. such a bummer! that was my top choice!

Has anyone heard from the following Clinical PsyD Programs:

GSAPP
Indiana of Penn.
Long Island University (CW Post)
Loyola
Indiana State (Heard today. Interview are the 17th and 24th)

Thanks!

i'm still waiting on loyola as well (child track)

anyone heard from uva curry? i know e-mails are supposed to be sent out by monday but didn't know if someone has already gotten one.

A few updates for schools-
U Penn - has not sent out invites yet and faculty hope to send them out within the next 2 weeks
University of Delaware - hasn't sent out invites, they say sometime within the month
University of Illinois at chicago - the person who answered the phone thought they had already sent out invites but wasn't positive... has anyone heard anything about them?

Some other schools just don't want to answer their phones :)

hot4gradschool said:
i'm still waiting on loyola as well (child track)

anyone heard from uva curry? i know e-mails are supposed to be sent out by monday but didn't know if someone has already gotten one.

I am also waiting on UVA Curry and have not heard anything either. I can't wait until Monday is over just to know one way or another.

Got my first rejection letter today--

University of Rochester, child clinical

Tara P

Who's going to interview at Drexel next week?

Hey all-
I'm new to the posting. Wow, disappointing to see a lot of the schools that I applied to already gave out all the interviews.
I saw a posting about University of Colorado, Boulder...r they already done extending interviews?
I've received interviews from:
VCU (I just finished my in-person today)
University of Utah (Feb. 24-6)
University of Denver
George Mason University
**Alliant International University (CSPP)

SaraL124 said:
Who's going to interview at Drexel next week?

I'm going to Drexel on Friday. Are you going to the social on Thurs night? I'm not sure how to dress.

Has anyone heard from Georgia State University? I called University of Houston on Friday and they said it'll be a few weeks until they call for interviews, has anyone heard anything else from them?

I heard from Loyola on Feb. 2nd- their (only) Interview Day is Fri, Feb. 24th. If you haven't heard yet, I doubt you will. Good luck!

jsulman said:
Has anyone heard from the following Clinical PsyD Programs:

GSAPP
Indiana of Penn.
Long Island University (CW Post)
Loyola
Indiana State (Heard today. Interview are the 17th and 24th)

Thanks!

mmcarson said:
I'm going to Drexel on Friday. Are you going to the social on Thurs night? I'm not sure how to dress.

Has anyone heard from Georgia State University? I called University of Houston on Friday and they said it'll be a few weeks until they call for interviews, has anyone heard anything else from them?

I'm actually a current first year student at Drexel and I will be at the social on Thursday night. I don't think there will be faculty there so don't worry too much about what to wear. I would say business cas is probably safest. Like, black pants and a nice top for women, button down shirt/no tie for men. The social will be a happy hour at a local bar.

Are you staying with a student? What faculty are you interviewing with?
PM me if you want.

See you Thursday!

SaraL124 said:
I'm actually a current first year student at Drexel and I will be at the social on Thursday night. I don't think there will be faculty there so don't worry too much about what to wear. I would say business cas is probably safest. Like, black pants and a nice top for women, button down shirt/no tie for men. The social will be a happy hour at a local bar.

PM me if you want.

See you Thursday!
Heh, good thing I didn't apply to Drexel. I wouldn't have been able to go to the social :p

Of the people who got invites to CUNY which professor is interviewing you? I'm just wondering if the same person interviews everyone. Mine is the Director of Admissions, plus a grad student.

It's February 4th and I have not heard anything.

Hey guys. I just received an invite to U Alabama - Birmingham's clinical program by email yesterday. The email was sent by the department secretary or admissions chair or something.

U Alabama - March 6th

Hope this helps.

butterfli73 said:
Of the people who got invites to CUNY which professor is interviewing you? I'm just wondering if the same person interviews everyone. Mine is the Director of Admissions, plus a grad student.
Mine is the same.
I also received an invite to the University at Buffalo counseling psych program.

cool it is nice to see someone else applied for counseling

SaraL124 said:

PM me if you want.

See you Thursday!

Hi - I applied to, but have not heard from Drexel. I'm assuming that
if I have not been invited for an interview by now, I should not expect to hear anything. Is this true? thanks.

forensic_psy.d said:
cool it is nice to see someone else applied for counseling
Yes, me too. Where did you apply?

Psychbird said:
Yes, me too. Where did you apply?
northeastern bc they had no clinical program so i got transferred to counseling and they sent me an invite

Cajal said:
if I have not been invited for an interview by now, I should not expect to hear anything. Is this true? thanks.

I know some faculty were way behind with reviewing apps, so I won't say you should rule it out, although it is unlikely. Who did apply to work with?

Has anyone who applied to Texas or Stony Brook heard anything ... either way? Just wondering. Thanks.

Noah333 said:
Excellent information - thank you.

BTW, I will be at UT Southwestern on February 25!!

Congrats, Noah333! I'll see you there! :)

Cajal said:

I applied to Drexel as well and have not heard anything. I contacted the school last week and they said that invitations would be extended through the middle of February. Is this true? Is there going to be more than one interview weekend?

Those of you that interviewed at Temple this weekend, could you share some of your experiences with us? Hope the interviews went well!