Introduce Yourself Here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:)

Nashville is a very nice place...I agree. Good Luck in your application/interview process!

:luck: :luck: :luck:To you as well!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker... steadily growing in amount of lurk hours since I submitted my apps. C/O 2017 hopeful :xf:

My name is Chelsea. MA resident, 21, first time applicant. About to graduate with a BS in Biology and a minor in Natural Resource Conservation. I am mostly interested in shelter and conservation medicine.

I love to sing, and I do so often. The largest group I have sang for was at my university's hockey game. I am also really into fitness, and I try my best to be active with yoga, swimming, and other types of cardio. Also, huge HP fan, love to read, in general (when I can).

My boyfriend is in the army, and I am hoping that wherever I go he will be able to post at the closest base :love:

Too lazy to actually add up my hours again, so here's an estimate:
vet:500 (homeopathic, equine, SA, LA)
animal:2000 (wolf sanctuary, wildlife rehab, fish research, LA clubs at school, salamander research, AI certification)
GPA= 3.97
GRE
A= 5
Q= 158
V= 158
At standardized tests, I fail.

Nice to hear more about you all! Anyone applying to Tufts, UF, Cornell, or NCSU feel free to PM if you want to freak out haha.

Last edited:
I wish I would have introduced myself a little earlier but here I am now. I'm 20 years old. First time applicant. I'm graduating this May with my BS. I originally was set on going into wildlife/zoo/exotic animal medicine but after working at a SA vet clinic I've come to love it chose that route. (Though plan to "explore" my original specialties I was interested in once in vet school). I have a lower GPA, GRE and less than 1,000 hours experience but I learned so much from all you SDNers and I'm not letting my lower stats stop me from my dreams! (And thanks for to those with lower stats who have gotten in, you truly inspire me :))

Sent from my MB612 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all!
Been lurking for awhile. Came out of the woodwork after an interview invite. 22 years old (cue the Taylor Swift song) senior, first time applicant. Grew up incredibly fortunate to have an amazing horse and got to compete all over the place in the jumpers.Most definitely going into equine, but hopefully with some research mixed in. Jersey girl born and raised. I look forward to being a part of SDN :biglove:

Long time lurker... steadily growing in amount of lurk hours since I submitted my apps. C/O 2017 hopeful :xf:

My name is Chelsea. MA resident, 21, first time applicant. About to graduate with a BS in Biology and a minor in Natural Resource Conservation. I am mostly interested in shelter and conservation medicine.

My boyfriend is in the army, and I am hoping that wherever I go he will be able to post at the closest base :love:

Too lazy to actually add up my hours again, so here's an estimate:
vet:500 (homeopathic, equine, SA, LA)
animal:2000 (wolf sanctuary, wildlife rehab, fish research, LA clubs at school, salamander research, AI certification)
GPA= 3.97
GRE
A= 5
Q= 158
V= 158
At standardized tests, I fail.

Nice to hear more about you all! Anyone applying to Tufts, UF, Cornell, or NCSU feel free to PM if you want to freak out haha.

I wish I would have introduced myself a little earlier but here I am now. I'm 20 years old. First time applicant. I'm graduating this May with my BS. I originally was set on going into wildlife/zoo/exotic animal medicine but after working at a SA vet clinic I've come to love it chose that route. (Though plan to "explore" my original specialties I was interested in once in vet school). I have a lower GPA, GRE and less than 1,000 hours experience but I learned so much from all you SDNers and I'm not letting my lower stats stop me from my dreams! (And thanks for to those with lower stats who have gotten in, you truly inspire me :))

Hey y'all!
Been lurking for awhile. Came out of the woodwork after an interview invite. 22 years old (cue the Taylor Swift song) senior, first time applicant. Grew up incredibly fortunate to have an amazing horse and got to compete all over the place in the jumpers.Most definitely going into equine, but hopefully with some research mixed in. Jersey girl born and raised. I look forward to being a part of SDN :biglove:

Yaaay for lurkers coming out of the woodwork :D the more you interact on SDN the more you'll love it ;) :love:

Ok, I Graduated HS in 2009, Did one year of college and had a 3.8 GPA studying towards a Environmental Science Technology A.S degree. Dropped out after the first year to join the Army.(Stupid decision), I am getting back into school and changing my program objective from A.S Env. Tech. to an A.A degree. I plan on transferring to University of Florida with a Major in Animal Science. Going to get into there Pre-Vet program. Then I plan on applying to a Vet school and hopefully get in !!!!! :laugh:

Yaaay for lurkers coming out of the woodwork :D the more you interact on SDN the more you'll love it ;) :love:

I just downloaded the SDN app. so im thinking i'll be able to interact more :)

I have been a habitual lurker for like four years...never posted until I started applying this cycle haha.

here's for progress! :highfive:

Im not sure how I stumbled upon SDN a couple of months ago... But once I started posting, I was hooked :D

idk why I haven't posted on this thread yet, I've been here since about May! Anyways, I'm 22 in my 5th year at Utah State getting my bachelors in Bioveterinary Science with a Chemistry minor in May. My GPA is quite low, but I think I've made a lot of progress on getting it up this year, even if it's just a little. GRE scores, verbal 73%, quant 48% (ouch), analytical 73%. I have a lot of veterinary hours, I think I put around 2,000 total on my application but I definitely estimated low. Most of that is small animal since I've been working as a tech since I was 17. I have some large animal hours here and there from school labs and such.Not sure how many animal hours I have, but it's not much. Most of that is equine related, riding and owning, but I also volunteered at a zoo for a bit.

This is my first cycle! I applied to Washington State (the Utah program), Oregon State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, and St. George's. I am mostly interested in small animal private practice, but I love horses as well. I'm also mildly interested in exotics/zoos, wildlife conservation, and shelter medicine.

I guess I can now officially say hello! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I've been lurking for a couple weeks now. My name's Corrine, 25 years old, first-time applicant, NY resident (temporarily in MO). Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.55
Science GPA: 3.48
Last 45 credits: 3.92

GRE:
V: 90%
Q: 77%
A: 11% (ouch)

Hours at time of application submission:

Vet:
Behavior research intern at a zoo: 78 (more added after submission)
Intern at 2 SA vets: 150

Animal:
Volunteer, Humane Society, LA: 150 (and counting)
Volunteer, Wildlife Rescue: 50
Equine externship at a boarding stable: 30
Various SA volunteer work: 250
Employment as a kennel attendant in high school: 70
High school internship at a zoo: 55

I graduated in 2008 with my B.S. in psychology. In 2011, I moved to St. Louis to do a post-baccalaureate premedical program (I carefully maintained my NY residency for Cornell). I'm hoping the non-traditional-ness of me might help, but it likely will not be as much as I need it to.

The more I look at everyone's stats, the more I realize I don't have much of a shot this cycle. I applied to Cornell, Tufts, Illinois, and Penn.

Oh, and I have a cat named Norman. He is my avatar.

:hello:

Hi, I'm from the Prairie state. :) I'm a freshmen at my local community college (free tution is a wonderful thing!)

I'll be transfering in two years to finish my bachelors. For now, I'm just attempting to get as much expereince as I can and maintain good grades. I volunteer with the American Cancer Society, at a children's farm, and I play tennis.
I live in a menagerie between my and my sibling's pets!

Nice to meet everyone! :D

Also new to the boards here. I'm 23 from Rhode Island, graduated with a bs 2 years go in animal science/biology. Accepted and leaving for Ross in may 2013

I'm from the Rochester area of western NY. If that's unfamiliar, Buffalo is about an hour away. I'm happy not being covered in snow right now :D

Very cool! My fiancé is stationed at fort drum! I love it up there!

I'm from the Rochester area of western NY. If that's unfamiliar, Buffalo is about an hour away. I'm happy not being covered in snow right now :D

Syracuse here! :woot:
Not "from" there (FL originally), but I moved there 2 years ago. I'm away for school right now but I'm heading up in 3 1/2 weeks! :soexcited:

Syracuse here! :woot:
Not "from" there (FL originally), but I moved there 2 years ago. I'm away for school right now but I'm heading up in 3 1/2 weeks! :soexcited:

Em I didn't know that's where you live! Syracuse is only an hr south of Fort Drum!! Moving up there and getting a Masters at Syracuse is my plan B lol

Hi there! I discovered SDN only a couple of months ago when I was working on my application, and I must say, this place is great! I was born and raised in sunny SoFla and just graduated from UF this past May. I only applied to 3 schools my first time around since I am not too confident on getting in this year, but we'll see! I applied to Illinois, Minnesota, and OK State. Jeeze, I wish it was January already! haha

Hi there! I discovered SDN only a couple of months ago when I was working on my application, and I must say, this place is great! I was born and raised in sunny SoFla and just graduated from UF this past May. I only applied to 3 schools my first time around since I am not too confident on getting in this year, but we'll see! I applied to Illinois, Minnesota, and OK State. Jeeze, I wish it was January already! haha

You didn't apply instate?! :confused:

You didn't apply instate?! :confused:

I know I know, it seems odd, but there were a few reasons. One was that they needed the SA done by Sept. 10, as well as the GRE scores, and I could not meet that deadline. Another was I'm a little low on the LA experience and that's pretty important for UF. Third, I honestly do not want to spend another 4 years there. While I love being a Gator and apart of UF, I'm ready to move on (lots of baggage there yada yada yada lol)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not too confident this year so it wasn't too much of a loss, but I am definitely going to apply to UF next cycle, which is plenty of time to work on my LA experience as well.

I know I know, it seems odd, but there were a few reasons. One was that they needed the SA done by Sept. 10, as well as the GRE scores, and I could not meet that deadline. Another was I'm a little low on the LA experience and that's pretty important for UF. Third, I honestly do not want to spend another 4 years there. While I love being a Gator and apart of UF, I'm ready to move on (lots of baggage there yada yada yada lol)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not too confident this year so it wasn't too much of a loss, but I am definitely going to apply to UF next cycle, which is plenty of time to work on my LA experience as well.

Obviously it's too late for this year, but I had almost no LA experience at all and got in. I'm not suggesting you don't get any, but just throwin that out there.
And coming from an FSU seminole, BELIEVE me when I tell you this was the last place I wanted to go :laugh:, but do yourself a favor and truly think about the cost of OOS tuition. I was in the "I don't care how much it costs, I'm not going there" phase and I'm glad I got over it bc it's saving me a lot of money! Obviously, it's your decision, just want to put that into your thinking. It's a huge savings to be IS and although it may seem like just a number right now, when your tuition bill comes and you actually have to pay it, it's like a shot in the gut.
I was accidentally charged OOS tuition this year, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the cost. Obviously cost is just one factor, and for the lucky people, it doesn't matter, but just don't forget to think about that part. :cool:

Obviously it's too late for this year, but I had almost no LA experience at all and got in. I'm not suggesting you don't get any, but just throwin that out there.
And coming from an FSU seminole, BELIEVE me when I tell you this was the last place I wanted to go :laugh:, but do yourself a favor and truly think about the cost of OOS tuition. I was in the "I don't care how much it costs, I'm not going there" phase and I'm glad I got over it bc it's saving me a lot of money! Obviously, it's your decision, just want to put that into your thinking. It's a huge savings to be IS and although it may seem like just a number right now, when your tuition bill comes and you actually have to pay it, it's like a shot in the gut.
I was accidentally charged OOS tuition this year, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the cost. Obviously cost is just one factor, and for the lucky people, it doesn't matter, but just don't forget to think about that part. :cool:

Thanks for the tip, and like I said, I will most likely be applying to UF next year any way ;)

Also, you're a Seminole? :barf: Tough loss this year :p

Em I didn't know that's where you live! Syracuse is only an hr south of Fort Drum!! Moving up there and getting a Masters at Syracuse is my plan B lol

I feel very useful for making this information come to light. :cool:

I love NY's spring and fall seasons. St. Louis does not have the fresh air and comfortable mugginess (does that even make sense?!) that NY does.

I feel very useful for making this information come to light. :cool:

I love NY's spring and fall seasons. St. Louis does not have the fresh air and comfortable mugginess (does that even make sense?!) that NY does.

You think NY is muggy? lol
I think it's dry as a popcorn fart compared to FL :cool:

:thumbup:

everyone in upstate where i was thought it was super humid. not compared to DC. which isn't that humid compared to what I know of FL.

also, i approve of the expression "dry as a popcorn fart" :thumbup:

:thumbup:

everyone in upstate where i was thought it was super humid. not compared to DC. which isn't that humid compared to what I know of FL.

also, i approve of the expression "dry as a popcorn fart" :thumbup:

My dad says it all the time. I didn't even think about it when I wrote it :laugh:

Totally made me laugh! I live just outside of Buffalo, and believe me the people here think it is just awful. I spent a week in Georgia this summer and that opened me eyes to humidity!!

Then again, Buffalonians complain about the winters too -- we are just never happy :)

Haha! Popcorn will never taste the same after that.

Comfortable mugginess! I guarantee your Floridian weather is way beyond the comfortable mark for me. I just about died the last 2 summers in St. Louis. One step outside and I'm drenched in sweat. Yuck.

Hi everyone. I am not sure how many people will actually look at this. I am new to this site. I found it about 20 mins ago. I looked at it, really liked it, and made an account. I am looking forward to being here on this site!

Where do I start?? I am still in high school and have big dreams. My dream is to become a doctor and maybe even a Surgeon. To me- those dreams sound like very big dreams. I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a little girl. When I was little I loved the outfits (lol I was little) and I think I just thought it looked really cool, when I was a little older I started getting more interested in it and did a little research and started to think I was not good enough or smart enough to become one. So, I put that dream on the back burner. Now, it is all I can think about. I have always gone back in my mind in wanting to do something medical.

Now, I want to learn everything! I am so interested in the anatomy, learning about different diseases, and even watching some Surgeries on youtube. lol I watched an Appendectomy the other day and it was SO awesome!

I am smart but not a brainy-act by any means! I have to study to do good in school and I don't really mind that. It just scares me that I am not someone who is taking TONE of AP classes, in tones of Science programs or like #1 ranked in my graduating class. I am not someone who is going to go to Harvard College or Princeton University.

My dream is to become a Surgeon. I have so many worries though. I feel that I could never tell anyone I want to become a Surgeon. I told my mom that I wanted to become a doctor but she does not know I want to become a Surgeon.

I just don't know if it is possible for me. I don't know if I were to study my butt off and do the absolute best- not sure if my dream would even still be possible.

This is something that I think about every day of my life. A doctor ... a Surgeon... there is nothing else I want to do.

I need some advice. :xf: Thank you!

Hi guys, new to SDN, pretty psyched to find something like this out there! I'm from good ole WV and a first time applicant. 22, granduating in May with a BS in Bio, Chem and Women's Studies minors.
Let's see..something like:
gpa:3.76
sci: 3.70
last 45: 3.85
gre: q:40% yucky..i know:(
v: 71%
a: 49%
558 hrs at a primate research facility(first summer as an intern, 2nd summer asked back to work as a vet tech)
325 hrs vet tech at a small animal clinich connected to the country animal shelther(so i got a lot of shelter medicine experience too)
175 hrs shadowing at a small animal clinic

Animal exp:
146 hrs working with my university's pre-vet club (i co-founded the club and am VP..we do a lot of work with community pets and shelters)
120 hrs training and socializing dogs (worked here the summer i took o-chems)
200 hrs experience with ducks and chickens--> high school bio classes, family chicks, and small animal clinic

250 hrs micro research
150 hrs bio tutor
Applied to Oregon State, NCSU, VA MD, Miss St, and Auburn. Enough about me!

Hey! If it's what you want to do, you have to try. Maybe on the road of trying you might find other things that interest you too. Don't get stressed out yet:) Just keep working hard now and keep your standards for yourself as high as possible. If it's truly what you want, you'll do it.

Welcome everyone. I know this is no one's fault, but somehow this got turned into a stat thread which it wasn't intended to be. We all feel like a number enough in this process, so don't feel like you need to share your stats. This thread exists to tell us who you are, and meet new people. You are welcome to put your stats on the "What are my chances" thread if you want some feedback, but don't feel like you have to put them here. Tell us about your hobbies, and where you're from and yadda yadda. We want to know you as a person, not a stat like the rest of this process :rolleyes:

Hi everyone. I am not sure how many people will actually look at this. I am new to this site. I found it about 20 mins ago. I looked at it, really liked it, and made an account. I am looking forward to being here on this site!

Where do I start?? I am still in high school and have big dreams. My dream is to become a doctor and maybe even a Surgeon. To me- those dreams sound like very big dreams. I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a little girl. When I was little I loved the outfits (lol I was little) and I think I just thought it looked really cool, when I was a little older I started getting more interested in it and did a little research and started to think I was not good enough or smart enough to become one. So, I put that dream on the back burner. Now, it is all I can think about. I have always gone back in my mind in wanting to do something medical.

Now, I want to learn everything! I am so interested in the anatomy, learning about different diseases, and even watching some Surgeries on youtube. lol I watched an Appendectomy the other day and it was SO awesome!

I am smart but not a brainy-act by any means! I have to study to do good in school and I don't really mind that. It just scares me that I am not someone who is taking TONE of AP classes, in tones of Science programs or like #1 ranked in my graduating class. I am not someone who is going to go to Harvard College or Princeton University.

My dream is to become a Surgeon. I have so many worries though. I feel that I could never tell anyone I want to become a Surgeon. I told my mom that I wanted to become a doctor but she does not know I want to become a Surgeon.

I just don't know if it is possible for me. I don't know if I were to study my butt off and do the absolute best- not sure if my dream would even still be possible.

This is something that I think about every day of my life. A doctor ... a Surgeon... there is nothing else I want to do.

I need some advice. :xf: Thank you!

:confused:
That bolded part made me think you want to do HUMAN medicine? Do you want to do Human medicine or Veterinary medicine? Because, this is a Veterinary forum. :laugh:

Put your mind to it, and work your butt off(and I mean REALLY work your butt off), and see where you go. If it's Veterinary medicine you are interested in, start right now by volunteering at a clinic. Make sure it's something you really want to do, before putting a whole lot of money towards it.

Yea, I thought it sounded very human medicine like too. Still welcome to the forum though! We have some other people here that aren't vet med but still like to talk to us! :D

Hey everyone! I guess I will introduce myself. I have lurked around here for quite awhile now and I think it's finally time to come out of the shadows. I'm an Arkansas resident. I'm not applying until next application cycle and I haven't decided where to apply yet. I really love animals so I got a job at a vet clinic to help pay my way through school. While working there and getting to know about vet med, I decided that this was the career for me. I can't wait to learn more about the profession from you guys! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone! I guess I will introduce myself. I have lurked around here for quite awhile now and I think it's finally time to come out of the shadows. I'm an Arkansas resident. I'm not applying until next application cycle and I haven't decided where to apply yet. I really love animals so I got a job at a vet clinic to help pay my way through school. While working there and getting to know about vet med, I decided that this was the career for me. I can't wait to learn more about the profession from you guys! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:welcome:

Glad you have come from the shadows!! Now is the perfect time to start looking into schools that might interest you! There is a cool thread going... Things to consider When applying.. Pretty sure it's on page 2... It has pros/ cons listed by current vet students. It's very helpful!!

Hi everyone!

I'm a first time applicant and my application anxiety and extensive google searches brought me to this forum.

I graduated in 2010 with a degree in math and started working as a software analyst. After two years I realized I hated going to work everyday and decided a change of profession was in order. I had originally dismissed vet school because of the 4 extra years of school (stupid high schooler) but realized that being a vet was actually my dream job. So I quit my analyst job, started working as a vet tech, and have been doing a post-bac year to satisfy the prereqs.

I have tons of animal experience from owning pets and horseback riding for most of my life, but I had ZERO vet experience until earlier this year. I've been trying to put in as many hours as possible, but can only work part time because of school.

I currently live in Houston with my SO and our two dogs and two cats (one of them is my avatar). I'm also fostering a very sweet, healthy, spayed, 2yr old tabby cat so if you or anybody you know is looking for a new pet, let me know! :)

I totally intended to post here when I first stopped lurking a few months ago! Oh well, better late than never.

Central coast CA girl, and after 5 years in Ohio for college and a gap year, I am very, very glad to be back in my home state. I moved to Davis with my SO in September - he's a chem grad student at UC Davis. We're planning on fostering kittens for the Orphan Kitten Project here once the house we're living in stops being renovated, and eventually adopting two. I volunteer at the CA Raptor Center, and I'm loving it. I've had a completely unrealistic fansasy of being a falconer since I was a young teenager, so getting to hold a taming bird on the glove is fantastic.
I just joined a knitting/crafting group, which is awesome, and I've gotten some recommendations about where to find ballroom, swing, and Argentine tango in the area, so that's most of my social hobbies covered. I also love reading - especially YA novels (sci-fi/fantasy prefered) and Golden Age mysteries (generally meaning the work of writers who were writing in the time between the two world wars). Mhm, I loves me some Dorothy Sayers and Rex Stout.

I'm applying to the Davis DVM/PhD program (with the PhD in genetics), because I unexpectedly fell in love with research my senior year of college. I'm just going to keep applying until I get in, too. There's nowhere else I want to go. I have a particular interest in feline medicine, but close seconds are zoo and wildlife rehab.

This forum has been really helpful, both with applications etc. and with making me feel like I wasn't totally alone and friendless in this new town for the first couple of months (now I have some IRL friends. SDN hasn't stopped being friendly!).

I totally intended to post here when I first stopped lurking a few months ago! Oh well, better late than never.

Central coast CA girl, and after 5 years in Ohio for college and a gap year, I am very, very glad to be back in my home state. I moved to Davis with my SO in September - he's a chem grad student at UC Davis. We're planning on fostering kittens for the Orphan Kitten Project here once the house we're living in stops being renovated, and eventually adopting two. I volunteer at the CA Raptor Center, and I'm loving it. I've had a completely unrealistic fansasy of being a falconer since I was a young teenager, so getting to hold a taming bird on the glove is fantastic.
I just joined a knitting/crafting group, which is awesome, and I've gotten some recommendations about where to find ballroom, swing, and Argentine tango in the area, so that's most of my social hobbies covered. I also love reading - especially YA novels (sci-fi/fantasy prefered) and Golden Age mysteries (generally meaning the work of writers who were writing in the time between the two world wars). Mhm, I loves me some Dorothy Sayers and Rex Stout.

I'm applying to the Davis DVM/PhD program (with the PhD in genetics), because I unexpectedly fell in love with research my senior year of college. I'm just going to keep applying until I get in, too. There's nowhere else I want to go. I have a particular interest in feline medicine, but close seconds are zoo and wildlife rehab.

This forum has been really helpful, both with applications etc. and with making me feel like I wasn't totally alone and friendless in this new town for the first couple of months (now I have some IRL friends. SDN hasn't stopped being friendly!).

I'm also a knitter who loves sci-fi/fantasy books. And I'm doing swing dance at my school. :D

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself by more than only my stats.

I play video games (Final Fantasy, Left Four Dead, Resident Evil, Plants vs. Zombies, World of Goo, Rise of Nations, Skyrim, etc...), dance hip-hop, read fantasy and sci-fi novels, and play ukulele. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling and eating ethnic foods.

Anyone else the same? :D

Hi everyone! I've lurked here a few times in the past (more now that I've actually applied!) and just started posting today.

I am 23, originally from Massachusetts, and I will be graduating with a B.S. in Animal Science and minors in English and Dairy Management in just a few weeks! I'm mostly interested in going into a mixed large/small animal practice. My GPA is not super high (but I'm doing really well this semester so hopefully it will get a little boost!) but I have over 2,000 hours experience and a decent GRE score (verbal 94%, quant. 52%, a. 49%) so I'm hoping that will help. Still really nervous though.

First time applicant and I applied to 12 schools. So far I've been rejected from one and another deemed me "ineligible" but I've got 10 still in the running!

As for hobbies, just yesterday I was informed by my boyfriend that I am "too responsible" and I "don't know how to have fun anymore." :( I've been on my university's rowing team for the past four years so that plus being pre-vet always ate up the majority of my time. I do know how to have fun, just haven't made much time for it recently. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I've lurked here a few times in the past (more now that I've actually applied!) and just started posting today.

I am 23, originally from Massachusetts, and I will be graduating with a B.S. in Animal Science and minors in English and Dairy Management in just a few weeks! I'm mostly interested in going into a mixed large/small animal practice. My GPA is not super high (but I'm doing really well this semester so hopefully it will get a little boost!) but I have over 2,000 hours experience and a decent GRE score (verbal 94%, quant. 52%, a. 49%) so I'm hoping that will help. Still really nervous though.

First time applicant and I applied to 12 schools. So far I've been rejected from one and another deemed me "ineligible" but I've got 10 still in the running!

As for hobbies, just yesterday I was informed by my boyfriend that I am "too responsible" and I "don't know how to have fun anymore." :( I've been on my university's rowing team for the past four years so that plus being pre-vet always ate up the majority of my time. I do know how to have fun, just haven't made much time for it recently. :rolleyes:

I went to my undergrad school on a scholarship for coxing!! :thumbup:

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself by more than only my stats.

I play video games (Final Fantasy, Left Four Dead, Resident Evil, Plants vs. Zombies, World of Goo, Rise of Nations, Skyrim, etc...), dance hip-hop, read fantasy and sci-fi novels, and play ukulele. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling and eating ethnic foods.

Anyone else the same? :D

Have you checked out our gamers thread yet? :D
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=961914