Introduce Yourself Here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's always interesting to read the first and last posts of threads. Introductions --> piercings? At least this one has a pretty logical progression as to its course, unlike the Opinions thread.

Members don't see this ad.

^ you changed your avatar! I was so confused for a second.

Members don't see this ad :)
I POSTED IN THE "HEY GUYS... AVATAR CHANGE" THREAD.

That's the most I can do! Really! And with the oversized, animated avatar, my name in bold, and the three icons below it that most people don't have... what else can I do???

Lol.

But those are good movies! Good "bad" movies are pretty much my guilty pleasure.

One word: Willow! My absolute favorite Val Kilmer role, and I loved him in Real Genius.

Hey everyone, just wanted to officially introduce myself - I've been lurking on here for months (like a creeper). This forum was so helpful throughout the application process.

I'm a 25 year old non-trad student. I graduated as an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing in '08. I took a year off, moved to NYC, and worked as a legal secretary. As my braincells were slowly dying, I decided to move back home (aka live with my parents :rolleyes:) and try to cram in all the pre-reqs and animal experience I could as soon as possible so that I could pursue the career of my dreams.

Over the past two years, I've been taking all the sciences I avoided in college, working in a kennel, shadowing vet techs, and volunteering at a marine animal rehab center (see adorable guy to the left).

I applied to schools this cycle, but mainly abroad, as I don't have some of the pre-reqs that the schools in the States require (mainly math and biochem). I don't have the highest GPA, or the most hours clocked, but I did get into one school that I applied to, and I'll be heading to Glasgow in the fall! It's taken awhile to get to this point, but I'm glad I took the non-trad route.

On a lighter note, I love good-bad movies - mainly for nostalgic reasons... Encino Man anyone? :D (and Ricegrad, Willow is amazing)

Last edited:
I have been putting this off between travelling and working, but I wanted to introduce myself (I still feel like I am new here)!

I am 23 years old, graduated from U of Florida in 09 with an animal biology degree. I have always wanted to be a vet! I am definitely a horse girl, and I love research as well. I have had my own horses on and off since middle school. I did an internship a couple years ago at an equine reproduction center in Florida, and had a blast. I also did research with racehorses at UF during undergrad. I have recently shadowed a couple small animal vets, but I do not enjoy that as much. Soon I am going to volunteer at a sheep farm here in CO for something new, I am super excited. This is my third round applying and I am finally going to school next year :) still waiting to hear from all my schools though to see if I have a choice in where I go, but I will be happy anywhere.

I am working on a horse ranch in Colorado right now. I am surprised as I have always lived in Florida and am a wuss about the cold, but I LOVE the snow we get out here (today we got about 8 inches so far - which is why I finally have time to post here today!).

My horse adopted me when he got here to the ranch, and now I do not think I can go anywhere without him. He is a little red roan, probably a quarter horse mix. He has a little split in his right ear, and we do not really know where he came from, someone dropped him off here saying she could not take care of him anymore. He loves chasing cows (we are learning to rope currently). Oh yes and he likes to wear hats (as you can see in my picture).

I left my dog at home with the parents so they would still have a "kid" around, but I miss her a ton. She doesn't like change much though, so I think she is happier staying here. She is about 50 pounds, some kind of terrier mix. We adopted her 10 years ago when I was volunteering at a shelter, and she is the smartest dog I have ever met. Also the laziest.

I got knocked out on my 4th day of work here at the ranch (hence my username).

Uh I am a terrible cook and I am pretty sure I will be eating easy mac or ramen noodles everyday in school, unless I meet a nice boy who will cook for me haha. I burnt toast yesterday.

I like to run, but since coming here to Colorado, and I am in the mountains, I have not been able to (due to working from sun-up to sun-down!). I am excited to start again once I begin vet school.

I am kind of terrified of human babies/kids.

Like someone said earlier, I miss Discovery Health Channel. Otherwise I like most shows on Discovery and History and Natgeo.

Oh yes and I am a whiskey girl.

That is all I can think of right now :) I wish I had found this forum years ago, you guys have been way helpful. Nice to meet y'all!

Ok I'll jump. I'm a 22 year old male from California. I grew up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada's so I've always considered myself a mountain man rather than a Cali beach bum. I love camping, backpacking, fishing, shooting, and being in the great outdoors. I didn't always know I wanted to be a vet. My mom was a labor and delivery nurse so the exposure and interest in medicine was always there and I have always possessed a deep fascination with animals. For a while I wanted to be a field biologist in Alaska but everything works out for a reason. The best thing that my ex girlfriend from high school did was get me interested in veterinary medicine. It was that perfect match sitting right in front of me that I couldn't see at the time. Wanted desperately to go to UC Davis for undergrad and was crushed when I didn't get in with a 4.1 GPA. Ended up going to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo as an Animal Science major which once again was a god send. First year I wasn't motivated and my grades reflected it. It wasn't until my second year when I was in a intro beef class, that I became passionate about cattle and food animal medicine. I didn't grow up with an agricultural background but I was lucky to end up at one of the few undergraduate schools with so many opportunities for hands on experience. And now I've made it this far, applied to Kansas, Iowa, Washington, Davis, Colorado, and Wisconsin. I dabble with my guitar but theres no chance it can become a career path :laugh:. I listen mainly to classic rock and country but not so much of the poppy stuff. I've got two golden retrievers, a rabbit, and a ball python at home. I love old westerns, John Wayne, NCIS, and the Band of Brothers series. I tend to be way to sarcastic and tend to push the gross factor with my friends (I blame having way too much knowledge about reproductive physiology and cycling heats in cattle:p). I'll leave it on that note.

Hey everyone, a friend just recently told me about this site and since I've discovered it I haven't been able to stop lurking so I figured I might as well join even if I am late. I'm hoping to get into vet school in the fall of 2011 and right now I'm down to my in-state school, which is Missouri, and Western. I already had my interview at Western and am waiting very impatiently to hear back from them. My interview at Missouri is on March 14th though, too far away! Anyways, I grew up on a farm so I've been around all sorts of animals my entire life. I'm going to school in Philadelphia and I've been working at a clinic as a technician for about a year now. Before that I volunteered during the summers at clinics. I'm 20 years old- and yes I know, I know, I'm young to be applying- but I'm graduating with my B.S. of Biology in May, 2011. I'm interested in far too many things- equine, exotics, small animal, emergency/critical care, so on- so I have no idea what I want to specialize in yet. Currently, I'm freaking out over what in the world to do with my life after I graduate if I don't get in anywhere this year. But hey, now I can freak out with a whole bunch of other SDNers right? :)

Umm yeah a thorough knowledge of reproductive biology can make for great party talk! Welcome vacavet!

And Friesian I think this is a community of expert freaker-outers ;) Out of curiosity do you have a Friesian horse?

Welll... I guess it is my turn. I stumbled on this site about a month ago, looking for advise on preparing for interviews, and have been creeping ever since :D.

I'm of a rare breed here, a male:thumbup:, 21 yrs old, currently at Penn State. I'll be graduating in the spring with a Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences degree. As my user name indicates, I'll be attending Purdue for Vet School come this fall. I couldn't think of a very creative name.. Sorry.

Since I was a little kid, my mom told me I used to say I wanted to be a firetruck. As I grew up, I realized that was not actually possible. Long story short, i've found my niche in equine medicine. I have a career goal of being a board certified equine surgeon.

I've been doing gymnastics for the past 13 years, and am on the club team here at Penn State. Last year I won the national title on high bar, and hope to end my career with another this April.

Colorado is my favorite state

I love my car (a guy thing)

And lastly I'm interested to see how our generation is going to improve/change the face of veterinary medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing gymnastics for the past 13 years, and am on the club team here at Penn State. Last year I won the national title on high bar, and hope to end my career with another this April.
*resists the urge to immediately google you* :laugh:

welcome :)

Hey

I'll be starting my first round of applications this fall although I'm on the fence about a gap year so if I get in, hooray, if I don't, better luck next time.

I'm a junior at Ithaca College, majoring in Biology (B.S.) with a minor in Neuroscience.
GPA ~3.10
GRE - Taking it this summer.
Veterinary experience - Haven't sat down and added it all up yet but I have a little experience with SA health checks/vaccines/etc; I have experience in dehorning and castrating calves; castrating pigs; shearing/teeth clipping/hoof trimming in alpacas; teeth floating/hoof trimming/coggins in horses. I work in a research lab that studies chronic heart disease in guinea pig models and have had experience working with a VetEquip Isofluorine Inhalation Anesthesia machine as well as surgical implant of Alzet Osmotic pumps and injections (actually performed incision and suturing). Most recently I was hired by a Comparative Equine Orthopedics Lab at Cornell Vet School and have been assisting in euthanasia and induction of horses as well as watching necropsies, blood work, surgical implants, etc.
Animal experience - I work for the Department of Biology at Ithaca College cleaning hamster and guinea pig cages as well as doing weekly health checks. I have been employed on an organic dairy farm for about a year and a half and I take care of calves (feeding, bedding, etc) and help milk cows. I've also been riding and showing horses for 11+ years.
Volunteer experience - I have been extensively involved with 4H for the last two years and have been teaching mini-lessons at local 4H clubs on animals, nutrition, etc and have been participating in local 4H events (Dairy Quiz Bowl score keeper, Animals in Medicine Program through Cornell Vet School, etc). I also help with summer camp at the barn where I ride.

I guess the only question I have is about vet tech. I've been thinking about maybe enrolling in Penn Foster's distance learning/online vet tech program this summer so that if I do end up having to take a gap year, I'll already have half of a vet tech degree done which I think will look better(?) during second round of applications (which of course I'm not hoping to have to do a second round, but just in case). I don't know if anyone has any opinion on this idea, should I go for it or not bother?

I've been thinking about maybe enrolling in Penn Foster's distance learning/online vet tech program this summer so that if I do end up having to take a gap year, I'll already have half of a vet tech degree done which I think will look better(?) during second round of applications (which of course I'm not hoping to have to do a second round, but just in case). I don't know if anyone has any opinion on this idea, should I go for it or not bother?

My gut says don't bother. You're better off continuing to build experience rather than spending money on a program that doesn't lead specifically to anything useful for you. But, you know, my gut isn't worth the weight it adds to my frame.

This would be a great question, though, for an admissions director at a vet school to which you might want to apply. Don't make your application your first contact with them.

My gut says don't bother. You're better off continuing to build experience rather than spending money on a program that doesn't lead specifically to anything useful for you. But, you know, my gut isn't worth the weight it adds to my frame.

This would be a great question, though, for an admissions director at a vet school to which you might want to apply. Don't make your application your first contact with them.

That makes sense...thanks!

Hey y'all :D

I'm a Floridian, born and raised, but as a Seminole FSU Undergrad student, I couldn't stomach the thought of going to U. of FL for school, not to mention I'm so tired of this state I could vomit :laugh: I've got 3 horses (2 Quarter Horses and a Mustang), and that's pretty much what my entire life has revolved around since I was 4 and knew what a horse was.

I'm not quite 21 yet (will be in November), and am going to Louisiana State Uni. in the Fall! I couldn't be more excited. I'm looking at going into the Equine Surgery/General Large Animal Practice field, since I like dogs and cats enough, but they just aren't what I'm most passionate about.

For just some other random stuff about me, I am a Stephen King fanatic; I barrel race when I have the time (haha? free time? what is that again?), and I've worked at a mixed practice in Georgia for over 3 years, mostly in the horse barn. I've wanted to be a vet since I was 8, and it's about time I get there!

Hi everyone! I admit that I haven't read everyone's posts, but by the time I found this thread it was already six pages long. I got through the first two pages :) Anywhoo, I'm a lurker who posts occasionally when I get the courage. I'm 22 years old and am from Florida. I'm attending Mizzou in the fall and am absolutely terrified of leaving Florida and my family for the first time!! But oh well, I'm trying to see it as an adventure...
At my parents' house, I have two dogs and two cats. I am absolutely in love with horses and am on the equestrian team at my current school. My favorite movies are Seabiscuit, Star Wars (the old ones, not the new ones), and The Little Mermaid. Oh, and I just read Water for Elephants, which I thought was just about one of the best books I've ever read (other than Harry Potter, of course).
Anyways, that about sums me up. Good luck to everyone who has yet to apply!!

I'm a lurker who posts occasionally when I get the courage.

Me too. Also when I'm procrastinating.

My first and only pet (cat) was euthanized in January. I may be from suburbia, but I had an awesome opportunity to shadow at a mixed (dairy emphasis) practice last summer (55 minutes one way, but completely worthwhile), and that in addition to attending one of the greatest land-grants ever makes me <3 dairy med.

I also really like anonymity, at least until I apply/ get accepted (c/o 2016 hopeful) but I know at least 2 SDNers in person, maybe more.

I'm of a rare breed here, a male

Ah, yes, the elusive Veter&#299;n&#257;rius discipilus ss masculus. A rare breed indeed in these parts.

Hi!

I've been obsessively checking the forum for updates on LA and TAMU, so I thought it was time to come out of hiding.... I'm 22, graduating this May from Ohio Wesleyan University. I'm a Pre-Professional Zoology major. I have 5-yes 5- dogs, 4 labs and a sheppard. I work at a vet clinic, I am on the equestrian team, and I am president of the pre-vet club. I LOVE to travel, particularly abroad. My favorite place (other than Texas :)) is Scotland. I spent a semester abroad and I absolutely fell in love.

In response to the elusive and rare males,

It seems like this year, at my interviews and on the forums, there have been more guys than I expected... At my school the female:male ratio in the biological sciences is easily 85:15 so I couldn't be happier to get a little testosterone into the mix...

Alright, I will bite too. Frequently lurk but don't post a whole lot. I was very happy when I found this site and I try to refer other ppl here as well. I am non-trad (37 YO). I have a B.A. in Equine management and an A.A. in computer info systems. After a near fatal car accident, I realized that I had to try if only to be able to say that I had instead of a bunch of "I wishes..." So after a false start and child issues, I am currently a senior working on a second bachelor's in biology with an agriculture minor. I will be a second time applicant in the fall.

Right now, just trying to live through the semester. Considering fall courses and starting to plot my next application. Oh yeah, I am married, 2 kids, 5 dogs, 5 cats, g.pig and a gecko.

Animal exp: 15,000+ (mostly equine but lots SA too)
Vet experience: 15,500 at first application (SA-GP, SA-ER, exotic, wildlife)
GPA: not fantastic as I have 242 credit hrs right now

Actively involved in a national pb dog rescue and trying to get a defunct pre-vet club restarted at my college..

I guess that is it for now.....

*resists the urge to immediately google you* :laugh:

welcome :)

haha, nothing interesting if you google my name.. There is one video on youtube, and a few on facebook. But thats about it.

But thank you for the warm welcome :p

Welcome. We're over here in the corner back-to-back trying to look inconspicuous.

I've tried to look inconspicuous in my classes... but it tends to be really difficult when your out numbered 30 to 1. But at the same time, I don't think i can really complain all that much.. :whistle:

Ah, yes, the elusive Veter&#299;n&#257;rius discipilus ss masculus. A rare breed indeed in these parts.

I imagined that with a steve irwin accent.. and it was great.

Hello SDN! I am a 22 year old female from Wisconsin. I am currently a senior and graduating this May. I applied this last application cycle and was rejected from two schools and waitlisted at another. I am majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. I am totally one of those people that is interested in a little bit of everything, mostly crafty things. I love scrapbooking and making greeting cards!! I also knit, sew, paint, and draw, lol it changes weekly! I am leaning small animal as of now mainly because I don't have a whole lot of experience with large animal and I am deathly allergic to horses! To be honest I think I am allergic to animal dander but it just is not in large enough amounts except on horses...since I have had reactions to other animals. Any other people have serious animal allergies? I have a cat named Smorey and a betta named Ron Burgundy that live at my apartment with me (They keep each other company) . I have three dogs, and two cats back at my parents that I miss on a daily basis! I am also interested in zoo medicine...I did an internship at a zoo and fell in love with it over those three months! I have always had a major soft spot for large cats...they are just amazing beyond words! hmm right now I am just working on bulking up my animal experience so I can get accepted next time around! That's all folks (If only they had the cartoon pig as an icon for me to add here!!)

Hello SDN! I am a 22 year old female from Wisconsin. I am currently a senior and graduating this May. I applied this last application cycle and was rejected from two schools and waitlisted at another. I am majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. I am totally one of those people that is interested in a little bit of everything, mostly crafty things. I love scrapbooking and making greeting cards!! I also knit, sew, paint, and draw, lol it changes weekly! I am leaning small animal as of now mainly because I don't have a whole lot of experience with large animal and I am deathly allergic to horses! To be honest I think I am allergic to animal dander but it just is not in large enough amounts except on horses...since I have had reactions to other animals. Any other people have serious animal allergies?

Hey! Let's be friends....lol. I also like all that crafty stuff, and I'm allergic to horses and dogs. I'm pretty much fine with any dog if I take my meds and it doesn't have some type of dermatitis. Horses are another story... I am fine with my own horses, even my super-dandruffy gelding, but unfamiliar horses. Whew. I'm popping benedryl like it's candy. So I just avoid other horses except for a quick pat and "he's lovely!"

Vacavet-- I think I talked to you at your interview at Kansas, while we were sitting in the big waiting room. If not, you have a twin. Did you end up renting a lovely colored car while in Kansas?

I have been lurking for a looonnnnggg time and figured I would go ahead and introduce myself!

I am 23 years old and I will be attending NCSU this fall majoring in Animal Science. I will be finishing up my A.S. at a community college this May. I am getting started in the whole vet-dream a little late but this forum keeps me inspired!

I've been a rider and competitor since I was six years old. After high school I wanted to try the whole riding professional gig. I rode on a 3-day eventing team in international competition, galloped and was assistant trainer at a thoroughbred farm, taught lessons (which I still do), and trained horses. After experiencing the ups and downs of the business (mostly the frustration of the downs), I decided I wanted a "real" job. I've always considered vet-med but didn't think I could pull off the grades. Well, after being at the cc for 2 years, I realized I can get the grades!

I'm super excited to start at NC State in the fall, and I hope to get involved in the pre-vet club and others. So, if there's any fellow 'packers out there maybe I'll see you around! I will be commuting an hour to school each way this fall until I can get another of my horses sold...(I have 4!).

My dream job would be doing equine/LA, with a special focus in equine gastro and ortho. Working with sporthorses for so long has given me a huge interest in gastric-ulcer disease also colic. I would also love to be a vet for the USET. (haha not likely that will happen though! )

Currently, I work as a vet assistant at a SA clinic. I love my job, but equine is where my heart is! I've also been an assistant to several equine vets in the area. Sorry for the novel...I got on a roll!

Hey! Let's be friends....lol. I also like all that crafty stuff, and I'm allergic to horses and dogs. I'm pretty much fine with any dog if I take my meds and it doesn't have some type of dermatitis. Horses are another story... I am fine with my own horses, even my super-dandruffy gelding, but unfamiliar horses. Whew. I'm popping benedryl like it's candy. So I just avoid other horses except for a quick pat and "he's lovely!"

Woohoo! Another craft nut! What is your favorite crafty thing to do? I would def say mine is scrap booking when I find the time! I love to head to Archiver's for scrap mania (if anyone knows what that is). My parents got horses when I was in high school and that was my first real introduction to horses and I was instantly suffering! I am fine around them as long as I do not touch them and no one is brushing them. The SECOND I touch them I get hives in my throat and my mouth and my lips and my eyes swell closed instantly (if you have ever seen the movie Hitched you know what I experience!)...it gets dangerous pretty fast so if I even think about going to spend time with them I pop a clariton! Have any "good" allergic reaction stories!? During my zoo internship I was in charge of the presentations involving allowing visitors to get contact with a variety of animals. That specific day I was holding a guinea pig for people to pet and I must have gotten a hair in my eye. Well at first it was just kind of itchy but real quick I was a sneezing, snotty, ridiculous mess. I was sneezing every other second and my eye was watering so bad it was horrible. The people I worked for there were REALLY strict and I was afraid to leave before I was scheduled so at first I just tried to deal with it but people were starting to really fear me lol they didn't want anything to do with me or petting the guinea pig so I quickly decided my life was more important than getting in trouble for leaving my station! Looking back it was somewhat hilarious how people were reacting to me like I was diseased! At the time...not so much!

I might as well introduce myself, I have been lurking around for the past couple weeks. I am a 21 year old University of Arizona student majoring in Veterinary Science, Spanish and Portuguese with a minor in chemistry. I am currently a senior and graduating this May (cue the senioritis...). I currently work nights/overnights at a small animal emergency clinic five days a week.

GPA ~3.2
GRE - 1200
Animal experience - Veterinary Assistant full time for 3 years, shelter work for 4 years, some large animal experience with cattle through class work/projects (I may have a new found love for cows!)

This was my first application cycle. I applied to four schools - denied x 2, waitlisted x 1, interviewed and was accepted to one: Glasgow! (Sounds like I'll be meeting RdLessTraveled in the UK this fall!) I'm super excited to spend my vet school experience abroad.

I have three cats - Sarzo, Olivia, and Natasha. I enjoy reading, hiking, and have a deep love for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. :)

Hi everyone!! I thought I would introduce myself here. I have been a reader of this forum for a while now, and since the new application cycle will be upon us shortly I thought it was time to officially say hello. I am a 29 year old non-trad student from New Orleans and will be applying for the first time this upcoming cycle. Nice to meet you guys! I've gotten some really great info from here and look forward to getting to know you over the upcoming months and hopefully attending school with some of you.

GPA= 3.7, prob will be higher when they calculate
GRE= will take this summer
vet experience= various clinics over the years including SPCA, volunteering at a barn right now.
Personal Statement= current arch nemisis

-Metry

Did you get to enjoy this past weekend of Mardi Gras? I wanted to, but squirrels got in the way.

Do you know where you are planning to apply?

Yes...I love Mardi Gras so definitely had to go to my favs...Muses to get the bedazzled stillettos, and Bacchus and Endymion, great because they were both on the same day!! The rest of the days were spent studying...so hard when you can hear the marching bands from your house!! I am applying to LSU, MSU, Auburn, and Tuskegee... hopefully someone will show me some love. I am a NOLA girl and could never ever handle cold cold winters so I am really hoping to stay down south but I would go anywhere push come to shove.

I'm very new to SDN... As in I registered about 15 minutes ago. I wish i had found SDN about 100 years ago! I'm on my first round of applications and silly me, only applied to one school, Michigan State. I always wanted to be a Spartan and I'm kinda glued to this area as my fiancee and I just bought a house about 40 miles south of East Lansing. Currently I'm on the in state alternate list which sucks but I still have a little cautious optimism... I graduated from Western Michigan University with a bachelors in Biomedical science and minor in chemistry. Fun! Anyway, my fingers are seriously crossed because thinking up another life plan is not anything I'm looking forward to!

Stats:
Cumulative gpa: 3.58
GRE: 1080... Horrible test taker.
Experience: four years (prolly at least 6,000 hours) working in small animal practice, 6 months in a horse training facility, family has horses... Always loved animals.

I'm not sure what the heck I'll do with my life if I don't get in but I hear the IS alternate list at MSU barely moves at all. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hi all, I am a 23 year old from California. I have been a lurker for some time now (almost 2 years) and I finally started participating. First off I wanted to thank everyone, there were many times I have been saved by this forum.

I went to UC Davis for undergrad, my first vet school application (2009) was to Davis only (got an interview and then a rejection). I was totally crushed since I didn't have much of a back up plan. This time around I applied to multiple schools and am lucky enough to even have a choice :)

Stats:
GPA: 3.72
GRE: V 590, Q 780, W 4.5
Experience: worked at a lab on campus for 3 years (part of the Davis Vet school) and random private clinics this past year.

Hello everyone!
I have been "lurking" on the pre-vet forums for a couple of months now and finally decided to register today! The whole forum things seems kind of intimidating, but from what I've seen so far, just everybody seems nice! :D
I am 22, currently an undergrad--Biology major--I still have a couple of years of it left, because I started kind of late. Right now I'm just working on getting my GPA up and trying to find ways to get clinical experience. For now, I work in a doggy daycare and it's the best job I've ever had! I'm hoping one day Veterinarian will trump that though. haha

I don't know how I have been here for exactly a year now and somehow never chimed in on this thread. Seems rude. So I am chiming in. Now, I'm already in vet school, and stats are dumb anyways and no one should care, so I don't have anything but facts about my weirdo self.

- I am 23 years young and look only about 20.

- I am from Houston, TX, that is where my heart lies, and that is where I will end up in 3 more grueling years.

- I have four dogs, and of them, one is my child, a chihuahua named Minny. She is the best chi in the entire world. She's won several verbal awards from her vets and techs that says she is the best.

- I have been in a long distance relationship for 5 years. For the first 4 I was in undergrad 10 hours away, but now I've moved a bit closer.

- I bake lavish cupcakes as an [obsessive] hobby. They are really, really good.

- I am addicted to candy. And ice cream. And cake.

- My most prized possession is my BMW.

- Love the beach, hate the snow.

- I do not have a gallbladder. Someone took it out.

Hey, y'all!
I was a month-long lurker, but I guess now it's the summer, and I'm back home and might as well!

-I will be an undergrad sophomore this fall semester
-biology major (SO UNIQUE)
-this summer I'm working in a vet clinic as a "kennel tech" and taking classes (organic I & II + labs. so ready to knock out the chemistries.....)
-I've started a pre-vet club at my college, and it will become active this fall. Exciting, yet scary.
-Born & raised in Memphis. Go Grizz :)
-2 kitties and 1 ridiculous lab mix
-I've taken 2 semesters of Swahili and really want to do some kind of bio research/conservation work in Tanzania or Kenya... anyone know anything?

Anyways, that's me. :)

I guess I can go...:scared:

-I am 22 years old.
-I found these forums when googling vet school stuff, and lurked for months before finally registering
-I graduated from UC Davis in june 2011 with a B.S. in Animal Science, which I wanted to switch out of but never did....
-I was on the women's rowing team for 4 years at UC Davis.
-Born in California, but raised in Israel, moved back to the golden state in 2001.
-I have an amazing german shepherd..she is the best dog in the world.
-Love to cook

I think thats it...:thumbup:

Oh, and as far as vet stuff, I want to me a small animal surgeon :xf:..but I do have an interest in wildlife.. We will see where that takes me.

Hey another lurker revealed. I found this forum last summer and I've been lurking on and off between school and work. I decided to join today to hopefully post in the future and get some helpful feedback. This forum seems like such a great resource considering how my school seems to focus more on other Pre-Health programs and the pre-veterinary students are sort of the forgotten minority =/

Anyways, onto the introduction. I am currently a senior at Georgia State University and I'll be graduating in May. I'll be receiving a B.S. in Biology and minor in Chemistry. I work as a vet assistant and a small animal hospital and I am also a research intern at Zoo Atlanta for the semester. I'll be applying this summer and I am currently working on the dreaded personal statement.

I have a 5 (going on 6) year old Pit Bull named Momo. My hobbies include collecting comic books (Walking Dead, anyone?), running, painting, and drawing. I have taken several art classes for fun through out college and I often contemplate what could have been if I had taken the art path. But I digress.....

As far as my future plans in vet school, I hope to work as a wildlife vet! Sorry for the lengthy intro and nice to meet you all

Hi Shellbe! Welcome to posting on SDN! Were are you in the application process?

Uhhh... I guess I never really introduced myself I just weaseled into the threads :oops: So I guess I'll just do it now so maybe I seem less lie a weirdo (lol fat chance).

I'm 27, don't have an IS, grrr, and somewhat non-traditional. Took me a while figure out that I do indeed want to be a vet after getting over a dog attack to my face. I graduate this spring with a BS in veterinary science. I applied and was waitlisted for 3 programs :bang:Ummm, I'm married but his butt isn't coming (don't get me started lol) so that is not a factor in where I go. Ideally I would LOVE to be a mixed practice vet. Hmmm can't think of anything else.

I haven't done this one so ima do it:

- I graduated with a BSc in Biology and minor in neuroscience/psychology in 2010

- I just turned 26 a few weeks ago and can't believe how old I've gotten, but think its funny when people think I'm 18 or 20

- I live in Australia and want to go to an Aussie vet school, but I'm Canadian!

- I LOVE POLE DANCING

- I'm not a stripper, I just pole dance- in fact I should get ready because I've got pole class in 40 mins!!!!!!!!!!! SO AMPED!

- I have a shoe obsession that I only just discovered last year when I backpacked in New Zealand and started off with 2 pairs of shoes and ended up with like 5 or 6 hanging on every corner of my pack

- did I mention that I'm an avid pole dancer?

- I also really miss horses and riding, something I haven't been able to do consistently since I started travelling/moves to Oz!

- I wanted to be a conservation/wildlife/research vet, then I wanted to specialize in emerg and critical care.... but every time I try something new in the vet world, I can see myself doing that (Totally want to be an LA vet! 1 week later: I'm sooo gonna be an emerg vet! 1 month later: I'm so going to own my own clinic! 2 months later: I wanna specialize in Dairy!.... etc)

- okay this is turning into a random fact sheet, and I feel like pole dancing.

- g'bye!

Hi Shellbe! Welcome to posting on SDN! Were are you in the application process?

I applied to 5 schools, interviewed at 4, rejected from 2, wait list at 1, and waiting on the other. This was my first application cycle, and after looking around and talking to other people at the schools during the interview days, I felt like I didn't apply to enough schools :(