Invisalign Certification and Other Certifications During Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nikoniko12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I remember during the Detroit Mercy interview day tour around the school, one of the current students stated that when you graduate you would also be Invisalign certified.

Is this true, and if so why wouldn't it be advertised by some schools which do offer it? Wouldn't this be attractive for a school to offer? I'm confused because doing online research I can find very little about Invisalign certification while in dental school.

And, is there any other certifications which I should be aware of before making a decision on which school to go to?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that in Massachusetts, you can get your dental hygiene license while in dental school!

NYU is Invisalign certified too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can be certified as a dental student, but you probably will not do any Invisalign case right out of school. If you work as an associate for corps or private practices they will most likely make you refer your Invisalign cases to orthodontists. Only when you become an owner then yeah you can do whatever you want.

BU as well - we are also doing a 4 day class in dermal fillers/botox next month.

Certification does not mean you will be ready to take on cases - it's about a 5 hour lecture. You'll need some training in how to review a Clin-Check.