-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa c/o 2017 Applicants!
Started by wildcatj
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i just noticed, too. deny is official. peace of mind at least.
I'm an alternate 🙁(( pretty disappointed in myself 🙁
Me too, cs. Beyond disappointed.
Sent from Bob
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an alternate 🙁(( pretty disappointed in myself 🙁
me too :cry:
Does anyone know if Iowa will let us know where on the waitlist we are?
Does anyone know if Iowa will let us know where on the waitlist we are?
April 5th
Sent from Bob
Does anyone know if Iowa will let us know where on the waitlist we are?
Read the full message. 😉 on april 5 or so, sounds like after they know who will be staying on the list.
Alternate. 🙁. 🙁 🙁
Anyone know if how far into the wait list they usually accept?
They usually go pretty far. Two years ago they went as far as #65 or 66
Alternate! I'm actually thrilled considering I got rejected from Purdue yesterday. lol I wish they would give us our rankings...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate 🙁
Alternate...2nd school as an alternate now...Please accept me Illinois!!!
Read the full message. 😉 on april 5 or so, sounds like after they know who will be staying on the list.
Oops! Can't believe I missed that! Thanks!
Alternate here as well.
pretty excitied! Accepted into vet school at Iowa State FINALLY after 6 years of having it as a goal! SCARY to start back to school!
Congrats! That's awesome!
pretty excitied! Accepted into vet school at Iowa State FINALLY after 6 years of having it as a goal! SCARY to start back to school!
Congrats!! And also to everybody else that has been accepted as well!!
I got in!!!! I'm so excited!!! Iowa wasn't my first choice until I toured and fell in love! Good luck to everyone else since it looks like they notified contract states first!!!
After 4 tries....I got in!!!!
i tried 3!!! GOOD JOB!! CONGRATS
ahhh that's exciting!!! CONGRATS!!!! i got in too!!!!!!!!! 🙂 made a coworker read the message to me i was so nervous lol now just waiting to hear back from minnesota to make my final decision!
ahhh that's exciting!!! CONGRATS!!!! i got in too!!!!!!!!! 🙂 made a coworker read the message to me i was so nervous lol now just waiting to hear back from minnesota to make my final decision!
Same here! MN is closer, but Iowa felt so homey and is less expensive..tough choice if I have the opportunity to make it!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate as well 🙁
I will attending ISU CVM! Whooo.
I am going to make a closed group on facebook for ISU CVM 2017, all you'll need to do is click join group and you will be able to see all the activity on the page.
We can share any thoughts, concerns, or anything else we want to talk about!
I'll copy the link here once it's complete
I am going to make a closed group on facebook for ISU CVM 2017, all you'll need to do is click join group and you will be able to see all the activity on the page.
We can share any thoughts, concerns, or anything else we want to talk about!
I'll copy the link here once it's complete
Last edited:
I got accepted through the UNL/ISU PPVM! 😀 I'm so stoked! I love UNL! I haven't been to Ames yet but I know it will be awesome. Also, the price tag is very attractive. My top choice. I am SO HAPPY I won't have to go through the application process again. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! And good luck to those on the alternate list. 

I got accepted through the UNL/ISU PPVM! 😀 I'm so stoked! I love UNL! I haven't been to Ames yet but I know it will be awesome. Also, the price tag is very attractive. My top choice. I am SO HAPPY I won't have to go through the application process again. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! And good luck to those on the alternate list.![]()
We're going to be classmates down at UNL! I went to NY for undergrad so I won't know anyone going into classes and I don't know the area. I was hoping UNL/ISU PPVM would have it's own separate facebook but I don't want to be the one to make it. Is the housing near East Campus okay to live in or is it sketchy?
I went to undergrad in California so I don't know anything about UNL on a logistics level except that I love them for accepting me and the people who interviewed me seemed nice =) I guess we will have to both figure it out. I can ask my friends though who went to UNL about the best places to live and then PM you.
Tomorrow must be the day!![]()
Good luck everyone!
...................![]()
😕No kidding.... I guess they are going to make us wait until 5:00?

#34 here. What is everyone else? How many do you think are going to get called? I'm upset....I really wanted a lower number for peace of mind. The waiting is driving me nuts!
There is a good likelihood you will be called- They went to the low 60's last year, and the low 70's the year before. No promises it will be the same, but a good chance. I'm above the likely range, unfortunately 🙁
But hey, there's still hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
#31... 😕
Will you turn down your other acceptances in favor of ISU if you get called? just curious 😀
Does anyone know from past years if the portal gives you any idea on where they are presently on the list?
I might of, up until today when I crunched the loan numbers... So I will be declining
I hear ya, I keep doing that too and it hurts. It hurts a lot.
Well, good luck to you where ever you end up!
