Iowa State C/O 2016

Started by BakedZiti
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're in Nebraska correct? Last year after I found out I didn't get into the ISU/UNL program, I did not realize that Iowa considered my app for OOS. However, I never heard anything from them. So I have a feeling it'll be the same this year. I won't hear a thing 😡

Yeah I'm a Nebraska resident. I thought that they would at least change the application status on the status page. I thought that there was still quite a few people in committee review so ISU would just do a mass rejection or something tonight. At this point I just want to hear something even if it's bad news.
 
Have they sent out rejections yet? The last interviews are tomorrow and Sunday. I highly doubt they would actually invite anyone now. I don't get why I'm still in committee review when it's fairly obvious that at this point I won't get an interview.

I have a friend who also applied this cycle, and she had her status changed to Denied. So they are rejecting some people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks so much! I've had 3 rejections in the past 24 hours so all of a sudden this interview is a huge deal with lots of pressure. Just want to make sure I am fully prepared! I've only heard great things about it so I am really looking forward to it. Thanks everyone, hoping to meet all of you when we are class mates (not jinxing!) 🙂

Good luck fellow Michigander!! I will be there on the 22nd, did you apply to Michigan State and if so, have you heard anything? I saw that some people got acceptances via email, but nothing in my mailbox today... 🙁
 
Heading to the airport to catch my plane to Iowa!! Crossing fingers that weather does not delay any of the flights. :xf: Hope to see some of you there on Sunday!! Really nervous for this interview especially after reading the interview feedback, hoping that I can give good answers without seeming too nervous.
 
Hi,
I am interviewing tomorrow, but all I can find about check-in is that we enter through exterior entrance 2500. Does anyone know where this is or where check-in would be?
Thanks so much! And good luck tomorrow everyone!
 
My little arizona heart isn't doing much better. When is your interview?

In the morning, 9 am. I wonder if we can stick around 'til the afternoon if we want to catch the student panel but we can't make any of the morning ones.

jushorsinaround said:
Hi,
I am interviewing tomorrow, but all I can find about check-in is that we enter through exterior entrance 2500. Does anyone know where this is or where check-in would be?
Thanks so much! And good luck tomorrow everyone!

Entrance B, go past the first lot (93, I think) and you park in lot 96. There is a sandwich board out in front of the building that says "Iowa State Vet School Interviews This Way" or something along those lines. I saw big double doors which I'm guessing is where you want to be. From there I think there will be representatives to guide us where we need to go. My boyfriend and I checked out the lay of the land while we were in town today. It's pretty straight-forward.
 
Good Luck everyone!! My interview isn't until 4PM tomorrow.

A few questions for current students/anyone who has already interviewed:

1) Do we have to stick around from noon until our interview time...my interview isn't until 4 so I was hoping to head back to my hotel for a little bit and be able to change/review interview questions/answers.

2) Is it ok to come to the start of the session at noon wearing something a little more comfortable than my suit. Since my tour is at 1PM, I don't want to be walking around in my suit for 4 hours if it isn't necessary.

If I do have to stick around until my interview time than I will just wear my suit because I don't really want to carry around an extra set of clothes the entire time.



Thanks for any help!

Good Luck everyone else.

CFC, I was hoping we would both have the same interview session so that we could possibly meet each other. Oh well, if you happen to see a girl walking around in a very heavy tan colored jacket who looks incredibly cold than it is probably me.


Side Note: I have reached over 1500 posts here on SDN!! I am definitely addicted
 
CFC, I was hoping we would both have the same interview session so that we could possibly meet each other. Oh well, if you happen to see a girl walking around in a very heavy tan colored jacket who looks incredibly cold than it is probably me.


Side Note: I have reached over 1500 posts here on SDN!! I am definitely addicted

Me too! Well, if I get a chance to stay for the afternoon student panel, maybe I'll see you. Goodluck, and congratulations on your momentous milestone. Probably should mention it in your interview, in fact 😉. Oh, and I will be the tall blonde in wobbly heels, black blazer/pants, and purple blouse.

Goodluck jushorsinaround and anyone else interviewing tomorrow! I'd better go to sleep now....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope you all had a great interview. I am really hoping to see a lot of you next year at ISU.
23 days until we find out.
 
I had a wonderful experience, still can't get over how friendly everyone was! Not intimidating at all. Feb 15th can't come soon enough, this may be the longest 23 days of my life. Good luck all!
 
I think my interview went pretty well, although the more I think about it, the more I doubt that. :scared:

My interviewers were really nice though. The student panel was really helpful especially since I believe every one of them was OOS, so they could speak to handling tuition and the change in location. I was impressed that the dean made an effort to shake every interviewer's hand, learn a little about them, answer questions and meet any guests.

The facilities were very impressive. The new large animal portion of the teaching hospital is just amazing. I also like that pretty much everything is the same building so you don't have to hoof it in the snow during the winter.

Overall I was really impressed and am crossing my fingers for some good news next month. 🙂
 
For those who are still under "committee review" ( I am under that too still), I got a message from Kathy that the initial round of interviews are done but that they would still like to keep my application in the pool in the event of more interviews opening up. So I was asked to confirm if I want to stay in the pool or not, I said yes of course. So basically...dont give up hope yet, there could still be a chance.
 
For those who are still under "committee review" ( I am under that too still), I got a message from Kathy that the initial round of interviews are done but that they would still like to keep my application in the pool in the event of more interviews opening up. So I was asked to confirm if I want to stay in the pool or not, I said yes of course. So basically...dont give up hope yet, there could still be a chance.

Good to know! Did you get this email today? I didn't receive one but haven't yet been rejected. Littlewiz said last year that they never heard anything from ISU after the rejection from UNL so I wonder if that will be the case this year for all Nebraska residents.
 
Good to know! Did you get this email today? I didn't receive one but haven't yet been rejected. Littlewiz said last year that they never heard anything from ISU after the rejection from UNL so I wonder if that will be the case this year for all Nebraska residents.

Maybe once Nebraska residents are rejected from the UNL program they only keep in contact via the status page. They may very well have rejected me as OOS last year but did so via the status page, which I never would have known because I quit checking it once I got rejected from the UNL program. Silly me!
 
Maybe once Nebraska residents are rejected from the UNL program they only keep in contact via the status page. They may very well have rejected me as OOS last year but did so via the status page, which I never would have known because I quit checking it once I got rejected from the UNL program. Silly me!

That's a possibility. I was looking at the interview invites thread and the rejections thread and it seems most people got an email along with an update on the status page. I just wonder why they haven't contacted the NE people. They updated my file when I sent fall transcripts so its not like they've forgotten I exist. Oh well, I'm already working on improving my application for next year.
 
For those who are still under "committee review" ( I am under that too still), I got a message from Kathy that the initial round of interviews are done but that they would still like to keep my application in the pool in the event of more interviews opening up. So I was asked to confirm if I want to stay in the pool or not, I said yes of course. So basically...dont give up hope yet, there could still be a chance.

I got this today as well. I wonder when we will know for sure whether we are in or out.
 
I got this today as well. I wonder when we will know for sure whether we are in or out.

We were told at the interviews that they interviewed 386 applicants so far, which seems like a lot, but they were pulling people up to #80 on the waitlist in previous years. There might be a chance that they blow through their waitlist this year. It's not over until the fat lady sings!
 
Anyone know if we were to get waitlisted if they immediately release ranks or if we have to wait until April to find out?
 
Anyone know if we were to get waitlisted if they immediately release ranks or if we have to wait until April to find out?

Sounds like we'll have to wait until April 15th 🙄. I'm wondering how many people they interviewed they will actually outright reject. That's what I'm worried about....
 
I've had interviews at Iowa the past two years and was rejected both times without being put on the waitlist, it's bound to happen to some of us, but I think they tell you before April 15th your rank on the waitlist, and those towards the top may know before April 15th that they've been accepted as people start accepting at other schools.
 
Anyone else suddenly get hit with an attack of impatient-ness??

I'm so sick of this process, I just want a yes/no! I just did serious lurking and last year the OSS waitlist got down past #60 so even a waitlist is ok!

16 days and counting each one....:xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I feel so nervous! I have a discussion based class tomorrow, but I am planning on pushing the refresh button on my phone discreetly during class to check for the email or status change 🙂
 
Here is the moment we have been waiting for. All the best to everyone. I am just sitting at my desk trying to keep calm.
 
Good luck everyone! Just sitting at home trying to keep my mind off of it while hitting the refresh button quite frequently!
 
Congrats lux0r!! WTG!

I got placed as an alternate, of which I'm relieved as I'm not willing to pay that ridiculous OOS tuition and already have a spot at Mizzou. Anyone know if they will tell us what our alternate/wait-list numbers are?
 
CONGRATS WOOO!

Im OSS alternate which I knew would happen based on probability. Im ok with it as they went down so far last year, it just stinks I wont get a call until after April 16th. Ill hear about interviews from my in-state soon so now focus on that.

congrats to all getting acceptances! I loved ISU! And OSS alternates there is definite hope out there :xf:
 
Congrats lux0r!! WTG!

I got placed as an alternate, of which I'm relieved as I'm not willing to pay that ridiculous OOS tuition and already have a spot at Mizzou. Anyone know if they will tell us what our alternate/wait-list numbers are?

last year they told a few people early on but then stopped....they will call people after April 16th (commitment day) for taking them off the list. If you are for sure declining let them know ASAP so us who want a spot can move up 🙂
Congrats on Mizzou!
 
I was also placed on the alternate list...much better than the Kansas outcome.

Willowwaw... why would it matter where you are on the waitlist if you do not intend to go to Iowa. It would be best for you to decline your spot on the waitlist so that way someone else can move up a spot. May not seem like a huge deal but I am stuck waiting on Iowa or paying over $2,000 to accept my seat at Edinburgh the higher up I get on the waitlist means the sooner I hear and the less likely I am to lose over $1,000.
 
Congrats lux0r!! WTG!

I got placed as an alternate, of which I'm relieved as I'm not willing to pay that ridiculous OOS tuition and already have a spot at Mizzou. Anyone know if they will tell us what our alternate/wait-list numbers are?
Congrats on M-I-Z---Z-O-U
 
last year they told a few people early on but then stopped....they will call people after April 16th (commitment day) for taking them off the list. If you are for sure declining let them know ASAP so us who want a spot can move up 🙂
Congrats on Mizzou!

😀 You got it! I'll definitely accept/decline before the end of this month. Still not 100% sure yet on Mizzou but really want my IS at MN. One of the big reasons I'd choose Iowa would be to be close to home, but that tuition - eek! ;D Yay alternates!
 
I was also placed on the alternate list...much better than the Kansas outcome.

Willowwaw... why would it matter where you are on the waitlist if you do not intend to go to Iowa. It would be best for you to decline your spot on the waitlist so that way someone else can move up a spot. May not seem like a huge deal but I am stuck waiting on Iowa or paying over $2,000 to accept my seat at Edinburgh the higher up I get on the waitlist means the sooner I hear and the less likely I am to lose over $1,000.

Just for curiosities sake, and I'm not 100% as Iowa is so close to home. ;D Just wanted to know how close I got maybe... haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad