You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not that I've heard. I'm not sure if anyone has messaged through the portal for an update yet.Any movement today?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Omg yayy!!!I was just accepted!! OOS #115!! Will be accepting my offer
I know I'm so excited!!Omg yayy!!!
AHHH CONGRATS!! Yes to my knowledge responding to them in the portal is the way to go!Do we just respond to the message in the portal to accept?
Accepted! #118
thank you!!AHHH CONGRATS!! Yes to my knowledge responding to them in the portal is the way to go!
Congratulations!Accepted! #118
That was exactly what I did. Said something like I’m interested in a seat for class of 2027. They respond and said an official offer would be sent which came very shortly afterwards.Do we just respond to the message in the portal to accept?
There is the class of 2027 information page that anyone can access. Then, when you get access to canvas there will be the book lists, and other forms that will need to be completed.Does anyone know if Iowa has a dress code? or where I can find information like that? Also do they have a list of items we should/need to get before classes?
thank you!There is the class of 2027 information page that anyone can access. Then, when you get access to canvas there will be the book lists, and other forms that will need to be completed.
Zoee Robbins
Full Member
How long did it take after emailing Dr. Howard were you all added to the canvas class? I’m working on being patient— holding my horses lol, but I’m just so dang excited to connect with you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed her last Thursday midday and got a response from her midday on Friday.How long did it take after emailing Dr. Howard were you all added to the canvas class? I’m working on being patient— holding my horses lol, but I’m just so dang excited to connect with you all!
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Anybody have any waitlist updates?
Zoee Robbins
Full Member
Anyone have further info on buying books? Is there a way to delay paying so that financial aid can cover them?
My brother is a second year at another vet school, once I get the booklist I’m going to cross reference with him to see if I can borrow any of his books. I’m happy to share them with you if you need to wait until financial aid is disbursed!Anyone have further info on buying books? Is there a way to delay paying so that financial aid can cover them?
Question about NetID, do we get that after our deposit is received? The acceptance letter says instructions on how to get NetID are on the "entering class" page on the website however I don't see that information anywhere.
Also, is there a list of things we need to get before classes start?
ALSO, has there been any update on the c/o 2027 facebook page?
Also, is there a list of things we need to get before classes start?
ALSO, has there been any update on the c/o 2027 facebook page?
Yes you get it after the deposit arrives 🙂Question about NetID, do we get that after our deposit is received? The acceptance letter says instructions on how to get NetID are on the "entering class" page on the website however I don't see that information anywhere.
Also, is there a list of things we need to get before classes start?
NetID has to wait for a student ID which has to wait for deposit received.Question about NetID, do we get that after our deposit is received? The acceptance letter says instructions on how to get NetID are on the "entering class" page on the website however I don't see that information anywhere.
Also, is there a list of things we need to get before classes start?
ALSO, has there been any update on the c/o 2027 facebook page?
I have not heard anything about a Facebook page.
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
For anybody wondering they are at #122 [emoji5]
Declined my OOS seat today. Hoping it goes to one of you!
MoVet799
Future emergency small animal doctor
I have not seen anything about a FB page but we have a groupme so far You're invited to my new group 'Iowa State University CVM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMeQuestion about NetID, do we get that after our deposit is received? The acceptance letter says instructions on how to get NetID are on the "entering class" page on the website however I don't see that information anywhere.
Also, is there a list of things we need to get before classes start?
ALSO, has there been any update on the c/o 2027 facebook page?
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Can anybody ask what number they're at? Already used my 1 this week [emoji28]
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Does anybody feel it's a bad idea to take a horse to vet school? Not sure how much time we'll actually have...unsure if it is worth the extra money and what not to have a horse there and to never get to see her
I felt apprehensive at first too but I asked people in the APVMA fb group and a lot of people said their horse is actually a huge stress reliever and are able to ride 2-4 times a week!Does anybody feel it's a bad idea to take a horse to vet school? Not sure how much time we'll actually have...unsure if it is worth the extra money and what not to have a horse there and to never get to see her
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Omg okay! But the loans we take out only cover tuition and living. Are you taking out extra loans to house a horse?I felt apprehensive at first too but I asked people in the APVMA fb group and a lot of people said their horse is actually a huge stress reliever and are able to ride 2-4 times a week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh I thought they could also cover board? I feel like I heard that somewhere lol but I don't know for sure.Omg okay! But the loans we take out only cover tuition and living. Are you taking out extra loans to house a horse?
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
I think you can use it for whatever you wish after tuition is paid but they only give you certain amount to live on.
right. so if that is the case I may take out extra loans but I'm also trying to save as much as I can over summer at work (which isn't a lot but doing what I can)I think you can use it for whatever you wish after tuition is paid but they only give you certain amount to live on.
Well, there is a valid argument to be made for not owning a horse during vet school (unless you have family or other means of paying for them). But that doesn’t mean it’s a wrong decision for some people to bring one with them. Would depend on the set up, individual horse, individual person and what they are willing to compromise on to make that happen (eg. maybe not joining schools clubs, not going out to movies, out to eat, etc.)Does anybody feel it's a bad idea to take a horse to vet school? Not sure how much time we'll actually have...unsure if it is worth the extra money and what not to have a horse there and to never get to see her
For me I consider them worth it and unless I were going to get rid of them I don’t have an alternative to bringing my three with me. Of course now I’m currently stressed trying to find where to bring them, so far the places I’ve spoken to cost as much or more than where I live even though wages in Ames, Iowa are a fair bit lower.
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Yes I feel the same!! Like $400/$500 just for pasture boardWell, there is a valid argument to be made for not owning a horse during vet school (unless you have family or other means of paying for them). But that doesn’t mean it’s a wrong decision for some people to bring one with them. Would depend on the set up, individual horse, individual person and what they are willing to compromise on to make that happen (eg. maybe not joining schools clubs, not going out to movies, out to eat, etc.)
For me I consider them worth it and unless I were going to get rid of them I don’t have an alternative to bringing my three with me. Of course now I’m currently stressed trying to find where to bring them, so far the places I’ve spoken to cost as much or more than where I live even though wages in Ames, Iowa are a fair bit lower.
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
I'll ask where they're at today so anyone left on wait list won't have to ask!
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Yeah they said they are still at #122
What number were you if you don't mind? 🙂Just got my offer! I am planning on declining though!
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Can anyone ask what they're at today?
Next is #125!Can anyone ask what they're at today?
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Received word there are only 4 seats left...
futurevet?
Full Member
It is not uncommon for seats to fill up mid-summer after all seats have been filled! Life happens or other waitlists move causing people to do other things! Stay hopeful my friends 🙂Received word there are only 4 seats left...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
I'm honestly stressing because I am 135 and I am trying to find decent housing before it fills.It is not uncommon for seats to fill up mid-summer after all seats have been filled! Life happens or other waitlists move causing people to do other things! Stay hopeful my friends 🙂
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Can someone ask what number they're at? [emoji846]
Next to be called is #129 as of this morning 🙂
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Thank you!Next to be called is #129 as of this morning 🙂
Border Goat Bananas
Full Member
If anyone is looking for a roommate, I’ll be renting a 4bed/2bath home 10 minutes from campus. Rent would be $800/month utilities included for a bedroom and bathroom. They’re located in the basement with a large closet and a large room additional. Reptiles/fish are likely OK pending landlord approval, but preferably no dogs or cats as I have 5 dogs and 4 cats. Private message me here if interested! I’m not offended if no one wants to since I have so many pets haha. I’m very clean, quiet, and the pets are well-behaved and the best.