Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingvet_loading

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I haven’t seen one made yet. I’m a 1st time applicant to ISU (3rd time overall). Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS from NY , first time ever. best of luck to all.

Reactions: 1 user
Also first time OOS applicant but 3rd time overall. Good luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time, OOS! Good luck everyone!

Anyone else still have "none" for their application status? (OOS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says "in academic review" and my science GPA says it still needs to be calculated
I am also "in review" and all of my gpa's have been calculated :) (OOS)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I am an ISU CVM alum and am happy to answer any questions you may have about vet school, life in Ames, etc! I can try to answer questions about admissions, but things have changed quite a bit since I applied so not sure how helpful I'd be in that aspect. Either way, best of luck to all of you this cycle! :D

Dog Dancing GIF

• Care
Hi everyone! I am a first time in-state applicant. Non-traditional student. Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle!!

Does everyone from OOS application status say none?
OOS 1st time, and my application status says none. Everything else has been received and calculated though except for my science GPA.

OOS 1st time, and my application status says none. Everything else has been received and calculated though except for my science GPA.
Ironically everything of mine has been received and my science GPA has been calculated but not my overall GPA lol

All my GPAs have been calculated and I am in review

I’m not sure why mine says they haven’t received my VMCAS application yet :(
You could email them just in case and see what's going on with the VMCAS application. Maybe they're still adding them in?

Soo i went to check on my portal and looks like i was actually denied sadly. I didn’t meet one of the GPA cutoffs for this year although i did last year. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
First year here :) feel free to reach out with questions! <3 goodluck!

Ironically everything of mine has been received and my science GPA has been calculated but not my overall GPA lol

mine was like this for a while and today i checked and now both GPAs are calculated! I have a “in progress” requirement so in my head i chalked it up to that. I am also now “in review”.

I’m not sure why mine says they haven’t received my VMCAS application yet :(
I would definitely send a message through your status page and make sure they have everything they need. I know they have to go in and manually update each person's page.

Soo i went to check on my portal and looks like i was actually denied sadly. I didn’t meet one of the GPA cutoffs for this year although i did last year. Good luck to the rest of you guys!
So sorry to hear that ! Do you mind sharing what they said the GPA cutoff was? Just want to prepare myself 😅

So sorry to hear that ! Do you mind sharing what they said the GPA cutoff was? Just want to prepare myself 😅
my science gpa was calculated at a 2.93 and it said i did not meet the cutoff. i did not receive an email or anything, i just happened to check so if anyone here might have a similar GPA I would check the portal ASAP.

my science gpa was calculated at a 2.93 and it said i did not meet the cutoff. i did not receive an email or anything, i just happened to check so if anyone here might have a similar GPA I would check the portal ASAP.

did you have any pending pre-reqs? mine is very similar and i didn’t get told i didn’t meet a cut off

did you have any pending pre-reqs? mine is very similar and i didn’t get told i didn’t meet a cut off

I calculated my prereq GPA assuming that I get an A in my 3 credit pending course and it would put me at a 3.02 required science, 3.63 last 45. I wonder if the cut off is set at 3.0 this year? I know it fluctuates from year to year

I calculated my prereq GPA assuming that I get an A in my 3 credit pending course and it would put me at a 3.02 required science, 3.63 last 45. I wonder if the cut off is set at 3.0 this year? I know it fluctuates from year to year
I graduated a few years ago and all of my pre reqs are completed. the cut off this year must just be a 3.0 science gpa

I had Donna calculate my sGPA with their calculator and it was about 3.1 so hopefully that still stands when admissions calculate it? Not sure.

I know it's late but first time OOS! Good luck to you all!

Mine was a 2.99 and I was told I met the cutoff

My GPA was finally calculated and I made the cutoff! My app is in review now.

I’m confused about the posts regarding gpa cutoffs…mine have been calculated in the portal for awhile now. My science is a 2.85 but my application still says in review?

My application status still says none /: only my last 45 units gpa has been calculated but not my pre-req gpa ugh does anybody else’s look like that?

My application status still says none /: only my last 45 units gpa has been calculated but not my pre-req gpa ugh does anybody else’s look like that?
mine also looks like this, I also submitted my app on the last day though, so I don't know if that's why my pre-req GPA hasn't been calculated yet

mine also looks like this, I also submitted my app on the last day though, so I don't know if that's why my pre-req GPA hasn't been calculated yet
Ahhh ok ya I submitted like a few days before the last day but thank you!! I’m glad I’m not the only one lol

• Care
I’m confused about the posts regarding gpa cutoffs…mine have been calculated in the portal for awhile now. My science is a 2.85 but my application still says in review?

do you have pending prereqs?

Nope no pending courses, I graduated already with everything completed.
Did you put down anything under exceptional circumstances? That's the only other thing I can think of, or else maybe something really stood out in your app