Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a 2.99 GPA and at least 2000+ animal/vet hours. But I had a strong last 45 and a strong GPA from the fall semester when we turned in updated transcripts. I also had behavioral research with a porcupine and a diverse work history. I was waitlisted and pulled off but gave up my spot for another school.
Thank you for sharing!! I have low GPA too and it brightens me to see other low-gpa students get into vet school😊

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I know this is c/o 2027 forum, sorry to give you notification from old forum. I am c/o 2028 applicant, and was wondering if I can ask to share your stats like GPA and animal experience hours for those got accepted and got waitlisted! Feb 15th is coming and just anxious if I do have chance for Iowa, thank you!
I was accepted and deferred a year to enter with the class of 2028 due to life events. My last 45 GPA was around a 3.5 and my science GPA was around 3.3 I believe. I had around 10,000+ hours of clinical experience from working as an RVT during undergrad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great semester! I applied to Iowa for C/O 2028 and was put on the OOS alternate list. They say we should find out our position on the list on March 31. I was wondering if there is a chance they will start pulling people off the alternate list prior to then or if they don’t start that until March 31? I have heard of several people already who applied for C/O 2028 that either were accepted or put on the alternate list that are or already have declined their spots. Sitting on pins and needles over here!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great semester! I applied to Iowa for C/O 2028 and was put on the OOS alternate list. They say we should find out our position on the list on March 31. I was wondering if there is a chance they will start pulling people off the alternate list prior to then or if they don’t start that until March 31? I have heard of several people already who applied for C/O 2028 that either were accepted or put on the alternate list that are or already have declined their spots. Sitting on pins and needles over here!!
I think it’s unlikely for them to start accepting people off the list if they haven’t ranked it yet since the ranking part is how they decide who gets pulled off first

I think it’s unlikely for them to start accepting people off the list if they haven’t ranked it yet since the ranking part is how they decide who gets pulled off first
Thanks for the input! I wasn’t sure if they maybe already had us ranked and just are waiting to release that info to us to see how many people decline their spots