Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Next to be called is #130, 1 seat left.
Don't think I'll be seeing any of you this fall, but I wish you all the best!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Next to be called is #130, 1 seat left.
Don't think I'll be seeing any of you this fall, but I wish you all the best!!!
I am currently holding a seat at ISU with hopes of getting off of U of M's waitlist. I am sure there are others in my same boat so don't lose hope yet! Hopefully, I will eventually be able to give my spot to someone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone still on here, they are on #132! Still only 1 seat left. I am 135!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi! Would any accepted students be open to reading my essay? I'm a first time applicant and its the first essay I have finished so I would love any input!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I was #133 and just declined my seat as I got into my instate school! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Would any accepted students be open to reading my essay? I'm a first time applicant and its the first essay I have finished so I would love any input!
I would be open to reading your essay for you. If you would like to send it to me, message me and I will give you my email address.

Haha, can't believe how many people were rooting for me! You guys are all awesome!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I never thought that the list would get to #135. I had pretty much decided that I wouldn't be attending this year. I am #136; what are the chances that I will get a call?

• Care
I never thought that the list would get to #135. I had pretty much decided that I wouldn't be attending this year. I am #136; what are the chances that I will get a call?
You never know! Some could still decide on a different school if they get pulled off the waitlist. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Has anyone else's portal not worked as of this morning? Does that mean the class is full?

Has anyone else's portal not worked as of this morning? Does that mean the class is full?
If you are talking about the application portal, it is probably just some connection/computer issue. Normally even after the class is full you can log into the portal. For example, if you applied two years in a row, you will be able to log in to the current year and the previous year if you wanted to. They only do that with the current year and previous year, after that the link to log in is no longer available.

Also on that note, make sure you are logging in to the correct application cycle. They have probably posted the coming application cycle. If you try to log in to it, the system won't recognize your information.

has anyone had any issues accessing the cybox/ cydrive? I have my account set up but cannot find the files that have been made by the cvm!

has anyone had any issues accessing the cybox/ cydrive? I have my account set up but cannot find the files that have been made by the cvm!
Yes. I can only access it on my laptop. I cannot on my cell phone. What are you using? Are you able to access the canvas page and access plus?

Yes. I can only access it on my laptop. I cannot on my cell phone. What are you using? Are you able to access the canvas page and access plus?
Yes I've been using my laptop and am on the canvas page and access plus! I'm able to sign-in into CyBox, but don't see where to find shared drives/ folders if that makes sense :)

I’m having the same issue - I took a few classes through ISU - so not sure that’s where the problem lies? I don’t see the files everyone else has. Glad it’s not only me.

I’m having the same issue - I took a few classes through ISU - so not sure that’s where the problem lies? I don’t see the files everyone else has. Glad it’s not only me.
Yay I'm glad it's not only me then! I reached out to ITS and they said I wouldn't have access to it until orientation, but I heard other people are able to look at the files already so I'm not really sure.

Random question, the computers that we have to purchase, do we have to turn them back in after we graduate or do we keep them? Because at the end of the "tablet configuration" it says 4 Year laptop back contract.
We keep them

#144 and just got called off today! If there are any accepted student pages or anything please let me know:) and if anyone is still looking for a roommate pleaseee reach out!

#144 and just got called off today! If there are any accepted student pages or anything please let me know:) and if anyone is still looking for a roommate pleaseee reach out!
Congratulations! There is a GroupMe where the class has been talking.

You're invited to join my group "Iowa State University CVM Class of 2027" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Where are you moving from?
Congratulations and welcome!

would anyone be willing to share their accepted stats for a nervous upcoming applicant?

I am also applying this cycle and curious about the process and accepted stats! Can I message you!?
Yes! Feel free to message me! If anyone else has any questions about IA state, wants info about my stats, literally *any and everything*, just message me!

• Care
would anyone be willing to share their accepted stats for a nervous upcoming applicant?
I ended up choosing CSU but I was accepted to Iowa too. You can message me if you'd like! I obviously won't know much about the school but can share my stats :)

Hi! I know this is c/o 2027 forum, sorry to give you notification from old forum. I am c/o 2028 applicant, and was wondering if I can ask to share your stats like GPA and animal experience hours for those got accepted and got waitlisted! Feb 15th is coming and just anxious if I do have chance for Iowa, thank you!

Hi! I know this is c/o 2027 forum, sorry to give you notification from old forum. I am c/o 2028 applicant, and was wondering if I can ask to share your stats like GPA and animal experience hours for those got accepted and got waitlisted! Feb 15th is coming and just anxious if I do have chance for Iowa, thank you!
I had a 2.99 GPA and at least 2000+ animal/vet hours. But I had a strong last 45 and a strong GPA from the fall semester when we turned in updated transcripts. I also had behavioral research with a porcupine and a diverse work history. I was waitlisted and pulled off but gave up my spot for another school.