Is a June MCAT date too late for the 2018-2019 admissions cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindyCityZete

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the June 16th/June 29th MCAT but wondering if that is too late to be early/on time for the 2018/19 application cycle.

Is there a general rule about being on time (like a specific cut off date)?

Should the MCAT scores also be available to Med School by June 1st? (June test date = essentially July score release)

Should I have my primary ready to submit by June 1st so it can get verified? I know that some schools will send you secondaries based on that. Essentially, I would have my primary + secondaries ready/submitted by the time I get my mcat score. I also know that this is a bit of a risk since I would have to bank on my mcat score being competitive.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine if the scores release in early July.

You just want to have everything complete by the end of July.

I took it June 16th and things turned out fine. Did submit primaries in time to get it verified by mid July. 29th, on the other hand, well...theoretically it can still be fine if you can get bulk of those secondaries pre-written so you can send them back as soon as they arrive. But some schools like to fill their interview spots really really fast, so there's that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also think this is fine as long as you have everything ready to go. You're banking on your MCAT score being good enough either way, so I don't think that should sway your decision. With that said, once the test date rolls around, do not take the MCAT if you don't think you're ready!

Schools won't even look at your app until August, so since your score will be in by then it won't delay you in any way.

Reactions: 1 users
Schools won't even look at your app until August, so since your score will be in by then it won't delay you in any way.

Is this really true? :eyebrow: don't they begin interviews in August, meaning they'd have to look at apps in July?