Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is anyone adding schools at this point?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by E'01, Oct 9, 2001.

1. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Just curious to see what you guys think about adding a school at this point. Do you think the school would think it's fishy? I had it on my original list of 27 schools, but after gbeing given advice from several people (med stduents and admissions people) I was told to cut it down, which I did - to 18. Now I want to apply to a school that I originally had on my list.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

I added three schools last week. I don't see it being a problem. I'm applying to 26 schools, but i may not return a few secondaries. If you want to apply to the school by all means designate it! Good luck...

4. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Thanks Jargon124 - I just added it and feel much better :)

5. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi -

I am considering adding the school that is in the city I live in within a week

Dr.Perez

6. Has anyone had problems in the AMCAS system with adding more schools? Does AMCAS re-send your primary app to all the schools that you've already applied to reflect the changes in your app?

:D

7. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

No because AMCAS does not provide all the schools with your school designation list. It will only forward your application to the new schools added. (Granted that is the only change you are making to your application)