Is BU Pathology retiring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Granular

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the "open positions" thread, which BU Pathology pretty much single-handedly maintains, I think his own job is posted. Several thoughts come to mind. Is this really true, or am I misinterpreting the post? Perhaps someone hacked his account and is trolling Dr. Remick. I cannot find his age on a Wikipedia page. Will he stay on as an emeritus faculty and continue posting here? Will his perspective on the supply of pathology trainees change when he no longer benefits from the oversupply? As much as I disagree with his stance on job prospects and job quality for pathology trainees, his perspective adds balance to the discussions here and young pathologists should see his success as a viable career path. Also, what does the retirement package look like? (in broad strokes; we need to know!)

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap I never read his bio, did anyone know he was a Romanian translator for the AF in the 1970s??

Yeah he is definitely retirement age man. When you see stuff on someone's resume from like Vietnam war era, that is usually a good sign they have a better phase of their life to begin!

Well done if he is walking away IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
A Romanian translator in the Vietnam war?? That has got to be a tough sell while fighting Charlie.

This might explain his rosy attitude to the pathology job market. If you can get hired as a Romanian translator in a SE Asian war, finding a job in pathology with a couple of fellowships shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A Romanian translator in the Vietnam war?? That has got to be a tough sell while fighting Charlie.

This might explain his rosy attitude to the pathology job market. If you can get hired as a Romanian translator in a SE Asian war, finding a job in pathology with a couple of fellowships shouldn't be a problem.

hahaha. I assume he was Cold War Europe during the Vietnam "experience". Still, pretty legit if you ask me. I hope Dr. Remick can slip away somewhere quite, cozy and write his Cold War Romanian translating memoirs, I would read them.

I bet he was parked on the Fulda Gap with US Army intel. Big salute to you sarg.