Is having to send transcript from 6-7 schools viewed negatively?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

droppedit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended a Community College before transferring to a University.

After I graduated, I attended 2 different Community Colleges to take some classes -- partly due to work (learn web design) and partly to complete some pre-reqs before I attended Grad School. Then I attended Grad School afterwards. This has brought the number to 5 different institutions so far.

Now, I plan to attend University Extension classes to complete pre-reqs for Medical School. And since University Extension does not offer Summer classes, I'll have to take summer classes at the regular University which has a different transcript. It seems I'll have transcript sent to AMCAS/AACOMAS to be around 7 total. My cGPA should be around 3.5.

How is having to send so many transcripts viewed as?.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had 7 transcripts total. Accepted into two osteopathic medical schools. One interviewer called me "nomadic" but that was the extent of it being mentioned

Reactions: 2 users
I had 7 transcripts total. Accepted into two osteopathic medical schools. One interviewer called me "nomadic" but that was the extent of it being mentioned

Glad to hear you got in. How many degrees did you get? (e.g., Associate's + Bachelor's + etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
1 degree. B.S.

Just did some post bacc work, but no graduate courses

No, and I see this a lot.

I attended a Community College before transferring to a University.

After I graduated, I attended 2 different Community Colleges to take some classes -- partly due to work (learn web design) and partly to complete some pre-reqs before I attended Grad School. Then I attended Grad School afterwards. This has brought the number to 5 different institutions so far.

Now, I plan to attend University Extension classes to complete pre-reqs for Medical School. And since University Extension does not offer Summer classes, I'll have to take summer classes at the regular University which has a different transcript. It seems I'll have transcript sent to AMCAS/AACOMAS to be around 7 total. My cGPA should be around 3.5.

How is having to send so many transcripts viewed as?

Reactions: 1 user
I had 7, which included a never-completed bachelor's attempt many years ago, an associate's degree, then a bachelor's in a completely different field. I was only ever asked about them indirectly, in the context of talking about my path to the point of application. Never encountered negative reactions.

I had 7, which included a never-completed bachelor's attempt many years ago, an associate's degree, then a bachelor's in a completely different field. I was only ever asked about them indirectly, in the context of talking about my path to the point of application. Never encountered negative reactions.

That's assuring to hear! Thank you!