Is it 3 or 4 Wednesdays for score report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g8orlife

chomp
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school Dean told m class the last date to take Step 1 in order to be safe to start rotations on time. This projects out to 5 weeks for the the score reporting time.

I only see people mention 3-4 weeks on SDN, while the Dean said it takes 4-5 weeks. Are scores frequently returned in 5 weeks???

Members don't see this ad.

My school Dean told m class the last date to take Step 1 in order to be safe to start rotations on time. This projects out to 5 weeks for the the score reporting time.

I only see people mention 3-4 weeks on SDN, while the Dean said it takes 4-5 weeks. Are scores frequently returned in 5 weeks???

It varies. I took step 1 June 2 and didn't get my score back until the first or second week of July.

Pretty sure it works like this:
Take exam Saturday through Tuesday: count four Wednesdays
Take exam Wednesday through Friday: count three Wednesdays

Exemptions at certain times of the year, like Christmas/New Years and May/June. Some people who took it in May the last couple years have waited as long as eight weeks :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably safe to say that this Wednesday is not the day. I believe they usually email you in the morning saying your score is up.

When the score didn't come through on January 2nd, I at least thought January 9th would be a given. I'm a bit annoyed quite honestly. I just want to move on with life.

On the other hand, the ECFMG website still says "updated as of 08 Jan 2013," which is Tuesday, not Wednesday. So I'm still waiting it out.

When the score didn't come through on January 2nd, I at least thought January 9th would be a given. I'm a bit annoyed quite honestly. I just want to move on with life.

On the other hand, the ECFMG website still says "updated as of 08 Jan 2013," which is Tuesday, not Wednesday. So I'm still waiting it out.

Phloston I only check this board randomly and yet I still know how much you have studied for this beast, and how much advice you have given to SDN. Hope they stop the torture and let you know soon! What specialty are you interested in?

I called ECFMG last night. They said to check again on the fifth Wednesday = January 16th.

On the USMLE website: "If you have not received your score within eight weeks of your test date, please contact us to determine the status of your score report. Please note that new scores are not released during the week of 4th of July or the week after Christmas."

So if you remove the Wednesday after Xmas as a possibility, then the fifth Wednesday is still technically the "fourth" in their books.

Usually 3. Summer was heavy traffic month for them so it took longer but they told everyone about it a ahead of time.

It varies. I took step 1 June 2 and didn't get my score back until the first or second week of July.

Ok, it make sense now b/c our recommended date is during the 1st week of June.
Thanks!

I called ECFMG last night. They said to check again on the fifth Wednesday = January 16th.

On the USMLE website: "If you have not received your score within eight weeks of your test date, please contact us to determine the status of your score report. Please note that new scores are not released during the week of 4th of July or the week after Christmas."

So if you remove the Wednesday after Xmas as a possibility, then the fifth Wednesday is still technically the "fourth" in their books.

Ahhhh! This explains the extra week!
Ok, so I guess I need to take it that first week of June in order to be safe.

Thank you!!!! And, sorry for roller-coaster ride that the score reporters are putting you thru, Phloston. Best of luck.

Pretty sure it works like this:
Take exam Saturday through Tuesday: count four Wednesdays
Take exam Wednesday through Friday: count three Wednesdays

Exemptions at certain times of the year, like Christmas/New Years and May/June. Some people who took it in May the last couple years have waited as long as eight weeks :eek:

I was actually going to ask about this too. Thanks for reading my mind :)