Is it a wise idea to take 3 out of 4 classes for PASS/FAIL in my last semester of udnergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigbirdo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a wise idea to take 3 out of 4 classes for PASS/FAIL in my last semester of udnergrad? I was interviewed in two places so far, and I think I did good. One more interview to go next week. I am picking my classes for my last semester as an undergrad. There are several challenging classes that I just want to learn the material. I am not sure if I should take the majority of my classes for P/F. How does dental schools perceive that? I have heard people saying that some Med schools might require you to translate the P/F to a grade, so they still see your grade at the end. Is that true for dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I know most of Roseman Dental School classes are Pass/Fail so don't see why it should be a problem for some.

But if you get in Dec 1st, I doubt it makes it a difference as long as you 'Pass' the class.

Last edited:
Is it a wise idea to take 3 out of 4 classes for PASS/FAIL in my last semester of udnergrad? I was interviewed in two places so far, and I think I did good. One more interview to go next week. I am picking my classes for my last semester as an undergrad. There are several challenging classes that I just want to learn the material. I am not sure if I should take the majority of my classes for P/F. How does dental schools perceive that? I have heard people saying that some Med schools might require you to translate the P/F to a grade, so they still see your grade at the end. Is that true for dental schools?
I thought about something similar but my school limits you to 1 P/nc per semester.

Same thing here. Taking 2 classes for a grade and 2 classes for p/np. But one of my p/np class only has a p/np option (not a traditional "class"), while my other class is just about writing fictional stories. I think it's fine as long as i don't get waitlisted and require me to do an academic update.

I know most of Roseman Dental School classes are Pass/Fail so don't see why it should be a problem for some.
big difference tho. you need a 90% to pass at roseman lol