is it considered old to graduate at 31 as a doctor??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmay0001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a Pharmacist and currently studying medicine. im scared that graduating at 31 is old for me to get a job secured in future. is 31 really that old??

Members don't see this ad.

No. A ton of dual degree trainees and non-trads graduate in that age range. I'll be around 35 when I finish since I was a former engineer before going back to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
im a Pharmacist and currently studying medicine. im scared that graduating at 31 is old for me to get a job secured in future. is 31 really that old??
No 31 isn't too old, got my Ph.D. first, worked came back to medical school and I'll graduate at 38.

Reactions: 3 users
it's too old if you feel it is

I STARTED medical school at 31, so no, I would say 31 is definitely not too old to graduate with an MD!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry but I have to keep rolling my eyes when posters think that being late 20's or early 30's are considered too old to start their career.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm 40, and I started medical school this week!

Reactions: 7 users
No, my #1 study buddy didn’t start until she was 39. My other friend started at 28. We have multiple second years in the 28-32 range. (I don’t know the first year class well yet).

I had a lady in my class in her 60s. Lots in 30s-40s including me.

Reactions: 1 user
Shouldn't you have thought about this before deciding to start medical school?
But to answer your question - no it isn't. I graduated at 32 myself.