Is it normal to hear NOTHING back post-secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocRadak

Lovin my life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 10 D.O. schools this year. I turned in secondary applications for all 10, which you all know can be very expensive. I only heard back from 5 schools post-secondary. LECOM & TUCOM granted interviews and AZCOM, CCOM, DMU all rejected me post-sec.

However, there are 5 schools that I believe simply took my money and are laughing in my face. COMP, NSU, PCOM, KCOM, OUCOM. Is this normal, to send in roughly $50 to each school and not even get a rejection letter back? I think its pretty jacked up personally.

Let me know if anybody has any info or similar experiences. Thanks.

LECOM - FL Class of 2008 baby!!!

Members don't see this ad.

have you tried to contact the schools to find out your status? of the ones you're waiting on, i can only offer my experience with comp...they were fairly quick in the whole secondary/interview process, but i had to kind of keep on them to get additional info or paperwork. so, if you're still considering comp, give them a call. the admissions office is nice and they should be able to let you know where you stand.

I haven't heard back from PCOM. I have withdrawn all my other DO applications, but forgot to withdraw from PCOM. I figured now I would leave it out there and see if they would ever contact me.

I seem to recall someone on SDN is still waiting to hear from them from 2 years ago.:D :rolleyes:

If they are schools you would be interested in, then I would suggest a phone call to them or an email. Otherwise, don't worry about it. You got in somewhere else, so look forward to that and leave the application woes behind. I do know what you mean about the money, but you're IN, so who cares now, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with others here: call and make sure your file is complete. Just because you sent it doesn't mean the school filed it correctly when they received it.

I feel your pain, though. I have heard absolutely nothing from PCOM or NYCOM since submitting my secondary at each school. I thought I would surely interview at both places since the class sizes are so huge, but it's not looking good at this point.

I don't care how big a school is, or how many applications they receive. If I pay my application fee and send them the materials they require in a timely manner, I shouldn't have to call them months later to find out about my status. If a school knows they are going to reject someone the minute they read the application, they should have the common courtesy to mail the rejection letter then. If a school is still truly considering these files, they should tell the students that. No communication at all is just lazy. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it.

At least I'm accepted somewhere, but it still sucks because I was originally interested in both of these schools.

NSU-COM misplaced my application for about a month. They would not have even figured it out if I wouldn't have called them. The lady said they entered my SS# incorrectly into the computer which somehow caused it to be misplaced. Anyway, my point is you should check up on it. And AZCOM never got back to me either, why do they have their crooked rule of not having interviews during the winter? that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Hey thanks to all of you for the info. I'm not really interested in getting into any of these schools, I was just wondering if its common practice to take alot of my damn money and not tell me anything. Not a "no" or a "yes". Thanks for the hits though.

It is interesting to hear that other peoples files were "misplaced" at NSU-COM. I eventually called and they told me they never received my letter of rec from a DO; of whom I had accompanied as he dropped it in the mail. Not to mention that I had received a notice of my file being "complete". After a long conversation and my pleading with the lady on the phone I got her to check the adjacent file and...I'll be damned, there it was. Moral to the story - always call about your application being complete. I had waited for 4 months to hear from them. I did eventually get an interview offer but I declined. IDIOTS!!!