Is it realistic to work 80 hours per week every week in pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BanBidil

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like to work; I have worked 90 hour weeks before and am an insomniac (obviously, if you have no commitments such as marriage or kids).

Perhaps work in retail and a hospital pharmacy? Has anyone done this? Am I insane for asking?

Just thought it would be a good idea to pay back the $150,000 I will borrow for my education quickly.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I like to work; I have worked 90 hour weeks before and am an insomniac (obviously, if you have no commitments such as marriage or kids).

Perhaps work in retail and a hospital pharmacy? Has anyone done this? Am I insane for asking?

Just thought it would be a good idea to pay back the $150,000 I will borrow for my education quickly.

Working that much could be dangerous. I think your error rate would definitely increase.

You appreciate any feedback. So, get a life. Seriously... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
don't bother. there is more to life than paying off loans. also, you WILL be burnt out and may harm or kill someone. it's harder to pay off loans if you lose your license.

ps - besides not killing someone....get out and have some fun! it's still summertime!

"Work to live, don't live to work."

I am planning to work 84 hours per week. :love:
Maybe, I should think again.

I got all yous beat. 100 hours per week! BOOYEAH!!!!!!! :horns:

I have a pharmacist who puts in 44 hours at my store (salaried) then picks up another 40 hours and says hes making close to 180k after taxes. He says his loans will be payed in only two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I feel like a slacker compared to some of you. I don't have the stamina for that. And I definitely know my error rate would go up in the evenings since I feel so much more focused in the am. I also like my time at home in the afternoons with my family and friends, and I love to :sleep:. More than 50 per week is too much for me.

Good points about making errors but medical residents seem to do just fine working that long.

Also to Twester GET A LIFE? I hardly see sacrificing a few years (2-3) to pay off my debt quickly as not having a life....

I dont know how well you did in math class but, there is something called interest that is added on each year...(you will only see a fraction of the amount in tax deductions). I would rather have a life by using the cash to make myself a better life later on rather than paying 20,000-30,000 more in interest than I have to.

If you think about it, those of us that work and go to school put in about 60 hours a week already (if you add rotations + work, or school/study + work). I can't wait to start getting paid for all of it.

It also depends on how much of a social/family life you have/need and how hard your work is. I think about 50-60 might be good for me when I'm done

Good points about making errors but medical residents seem to do just fine working that long.

actually, they don't. see recent changes in hour limits for residents. it has been proven that their error rate does go up with long hours and no sleep.

A few years ago we were short pharmacists and techs. It got so bad we had to use a temporary staffing agency. I worked 10 hour shifts Monday thru Saturday with only Sunday off. I did this for about 4 months. I actually got used to it and after a few weeks it wasn't a big deal. I would not want to do it much longer than 4 or 5 months....it was starting to get old...good money though

80+ hours gets old really fast. Good money though!!

buncha gunners on this thread! :D

I dont know how well you did in math class but, there is something called interest that is added on each year...(you will only see a fraction of the amount in tax deductions). I would rather have a life by using the cash to make myself a better life later on rather than paying 20,000-30,000 more in interest than I have to.

How well did you do in basic finance? Ever heard of TMV (Time Value of Money)? A student loan is considered "Good" debt, it's not the same thing as revolving debt. Federal student loans have incredibly good terms and historically low interest rates (about 5.5% after reductions with most lenders). In contrast the stock market has averaged a return of over 8% a year during the last 80 years. So you do the math, is it better to put all of that hard earned paycheck into paying off the most generously termed loan you will ever see in your life at 5.5%, or to invest that money at a much higher rate of return? Plus, over a 30 year repayment period, inflation will be working on YOUR side, essentially paying down the debt for you.

If you want to work your self to death trying to get rich, more power to you. But anyone who busts their butt to pay off their student loan right out of school is a *****.

Also to Twester GET A LIFE? I hardly see sacrificing a few years (2-3) to pay off my debt quickly as not having a life....

I guess if you have nothing else to do or anyone to hang out with, hell yeah work is going to sound like having a life because that is all you have.

I guess if you have nothing else to do or anyone to hang out with, hell yeah work is going to sound like having a life because that is all you have.

:rolleyes:

Did 73.5 hrs 2 weeks ago, 70 hrs last week and gonna do 60 this week. I am so tired...+pity+

First I would like to thank all of those who have given me great answers about it getting old quickly, I bet it does....but I was asking how it was in general (just for a few years). It seems like you can pull it off if you really wanted to….. So thank you so much for you comments and insights, you are what makes these forums such a great resource for the rest of us.

Now to the rest of you screwballs (“gunners”), if your going to give me bull****, this isn’t a comedy show, don’t post at all, don’t waste my time or yours I am not here for your stupid little cute sarcastic games right now, just some honest opinions.........here is a response to one screwball above.....this is the type of person that probably complains about taxes, why s/he doesn’t make enough or why things like housing and cost of living are soooo high........

That is the most BS argument I have heard yet.

Good debt??? I guess I am a ***** then.....What the hell are you a financial analyst giving advice to a corporation; Good debt???? PUHHH LEASEEEE Sorry to break it to you but a loan is a loan and interest is interest. The bottom line is that the LONGER YOU BORROW, THE MORE YOU PAY. Inflation??? At 3%, perhaps (using your numbers)...loan rates are going to be around 7%, not 5% anymore- consolidated and over 30 years…it will add up (interest rates will go up to prevent inflation, specially after the FED paid out 38 BILLION this last week to bail out the market). Student loans aren’t a mortgage and besides……you are expected to pay after 10 years…not 30 (look it up)

Did you know that there was a "HISTORIC" period of 30 years where people in the stick it to you market didnt see their investments grow a dime? I dunno about you but most people would like to pull out after 25-30 years....as it is the long term......A wise economist at the Bretton Woods conference quipped "In the long term we are all dead". The stock market today??? Play the lottery and support education, unless you know someone or something someone else doesnt....then the stock market miracle wont work for you.....just look at how hard it was to get a hold of the google IPO (even though you knew it was going to be successful).

I would rather take the money saved from paying interest and use it to buy Real estate in a few years when the market FINALLY cools off or make some contracts w/ developers as an investment.....this is of course after I open my pharmacy.

I just am just the type of person who would like to one day see his money work for him….even if it means working hard for it, just a few years and making some sacrifices. And yes....I am doing pharmacy because it is what I like (I plan to make an impact in drug policy one day) but I would also like to
drive a DB9 (go ahead call me greedy but its my dream car and a small goal in life) or be able to take a vacation when I feel like it in the future....or not have to pay sooo much in interest for mortage or not complain about the cost of gas etc. etc......

So I guess your question was answered then.

Your status says you are pre-pharmacy. If thats the case you have a loooooooong way to go before you need to worry about how many hours a week you will work as a pharmacist.

I think a better question to ask is "What can I do NOW to help reduce my debt so I do not have to work 80 hours a week when I graduate?".

This is a good place to get information. If your going to get bent out of shape eveytime someone posts a smart a$$ or negative reply to one of your threads then you have some big problems and pharmacy is likely not the place for you. I say that because you will have to deal with idiots on a daily basis in retail pharmacy and you have to learn to let things roll off your back.

First I would like to thank all of those who have given me great answers about it getting old quickly, I bet it does....but I was asking how it was in general (just for a few years). It seems like you can pull it off if you really wanted to….. So thank you so much for you comments and insights, you are what makes these forums such a great resource for the rest of us.

Now to the rest of you screwballs (“gunners”), if your going to give me bull****, this isn’t a comedy show, don’t post at all, don’t waste my time or yours I am not here for your stupid little cute sarcastic games right now, just some honest opinions.........here is a response to one screwball above.....this is the type of person that probably complains about taxes, why s/he doesn’t make enough or why things like housing and cost of living are soooo high........

That is the most BS argument I have heard yet.

Good debt??? I guess I am a ***** then.....What the hell are you a financial analyst giving advice to a corporation; Good debt???? PUHHH LEASEEEE Sorry to break it to you but a loan is a loan and interest is interest. The bottom line is that the LONGER YOU BORROW, THE MORE YOU PAY. Inflation??? At 3%, perhaps (using your numbers)...loan rates are going to be around 7%, not 5% anymore- consolidated and over 30 years…it will add up (interest rates will go up to prevent inflation, specially after the FED paid out 38 BILLION this last week to bail out the market). Student loans aren’t a mortgage and besides……you are expected to pay after 10 years…not 30 (look it up)

Did you know that there was a "HISTORIC" period of 30 years where people in the stick it to you market didnt see their investments grow a dime? I dunno about you but most people would like to pull out after 25-30 years....as it is the long term......A wise economist at the Bretton Woods conference quipped "In the long term we are all dead". The stock market today??? Play the lottery and support education, unless you know someone or something someone else doesnt....then the stock market miracle wont work for you.....just look at how hard it was to get a hold of the google IPO (even though you knew it was going to be successful).

I would rather take the money saved from paying interest and use it to buy Real estate in a few years when the market FINALLY cools off or make some contracts w/ developers as an investment.....this is of course after I open my pharmacy.

I just am just the type of person who would like to one day see his money work for him….even if it means working hard for it, just a few years and making some sacrifices. And yes....I am doing pharmacy because it is what I like (I plan to make an impact in drug policy one day) but I would also like to
drive a DB9 (go ahead call me greedy but its my dream car and a small goal in life) or be able to take a vacation when I feel like it in the future....or not have to pay sooo much in interest for mortage or not complain about the cost of gas etc. etc......

After he called you a ***** I guess this post was deserved but BiOlogy is right, if you know how to invest a litte and do not want to work lots of extra hours the stock market is a better way to go long term. This is not a financial forum and the OP is not asking for financial advice.

I put in 70 hours weeks a lot last summer not at a pharmacy though, it is tough after a while I became very short tempered with people, not good. Any job working 80hrs a week will take a lot out of you and it seems like if you could potentially harm someone with a mistae you want to make sure 80hrs is something that your body and mind can handle before making a commitment to work those hours.
DB9s are sweet cars, saw one at a car show few weeks back and they look very slick up close. Poor car was not getting much attention parked by a new 997 turbo and dodge viper gts though. If you work those 80 hour weeks then your DB9 is in very close reach but you will not have much time to drive it until the 80hr weeks go away.

So I guess your question was answered then.

Your status says you are pre-pharmacy. If thats the case you have a loooooooong way to go before you need to worry about how many hours a week you will work as a pharmacist.

I think a better question to ask is "What can I do NOW to help reduce my debt so I do not have to work 80 hours a week when I graduate?".

This is a good place to get information. If your going to get bent out of shape eveytime someone posts a smart a$$ or negative reply to one of your threads then you have some big problems and pharmacy is likely not the place for you. I say that because you will have to deal with idiots on a daily basis in retail pharmacy and you have to learn to let things roll off your back.

That is what I really need to think about. What can I do now to reduce my debt? I guess work part time and live cheap what else is there to do really?

After he called you a ***** I guess this post was deserved but BiOlogy is right, if you know how to invest a litte and do not want to work lots of extra hours the stock market is a better way to go long term. This is not a financial forum and the OP is not asking for financial advice.

I put in 70 hours weeks a lot last summer not at a pharmacy though, it is tough after a while I became very short tempered with people, not good. Any job working 80hrs a week will take a lot out of you and it seems like if you could potentially harm someone with a mistae you want to make sure 80hrs is something that your body and mind can handle before making a commitment to work those hours.
DB9s are sweet cars, saw one at a car show few weeks back and they look very slick up close. Poor car was not getting much attention parked by a new 997 turbo and dodge viper gts though. If you work those 80 hour weeks then your DB9 is in very close reach but you will not have much time to drive it until the 80hr weeks go away.

You know, now that I look back I did notice that I was much less patient when working that long (it was in outside sales).....I didn't think about that.....even though I know how to deal with idiots( I was also a high school teacher at one point....).....

I guess a better question would have been how long has anyone here worked for 80 hrs per week-every week? And what were your experiences?

Also, I'll give you the 997 turbo....but the Viper? I think the DB9 outshines the viper in class, handeling and features-true the viper may be faster (and cheaper) but....I think the z06 vette and viper are a better comparison.

First of all. Many of you who post who are NOT pharmacists should stop. I know how hard you work. But you are not the last line of defense. It does not matter how tired you are, somebody else is always checking your work. The pharmacist is the last person to check the prescription/order. You cannot be over tired and do this job well. You have an obligation to your patients to be on the ball.

It is not a wise decision to work 80 hours per week. You will not be able to perform at the highest level if you do this for an extended period of time. It's one thing to pitch in for a couple of weeks and do some over-time and it's something completely different to do it for 104 weeks.

As for the financial aspect. I would borrow money at 5.5% and invest it at 8% any day of the year. The next financial reason not to do this is you can't possibly own a home and work 80 hours a week. You will not be able to clean it, mow the lawn, etc, so there goes your largest tax deduction. If you own a home, you will have to pay someone to do these things reducing your net. Also, without any deductions you will pay a larger portion of your pay to Uncle Sam, so doubling your gross, will NOT double your net. If you can afford the payments, make them. It builds your FICO score. The higher your FICO score the lower your borrowing costs will be when you buy a house or car or anything else that require credit all through the next 60 years of your life.

Now, for the most important thing. Money is sh&& without living. You are putting in six years of school and now you should reap the benefits. Enjoy life. If you want to work some over-time, I have no problem with that. There is no magic number of hours after which your mind turns to mush. You will have to determine that for yourself.

Finally, I leave with the advice of Dennis Prager:
Life is a marathon, not a sprint.
If you run life like a sprint, you will burn out long before it is over. Your long term happiness and contentment are more important than $30,000.00.

BanBidil,

If you really want to know what it's like to work 80-hour weeks, just talk to pharmacists who work the 7-on/7-off shifts; I believe most will tell you that they pretty much live for the seven days off. When you work 12-hour shifts back to back, you basically have just enough time to go home, eat dinner, and go to bed. You will likely become increasingly agitated and short of temper as the week progresses. The seven days off are great. Essentially, it's like a mini-vacation every other week. But, you're proposing 80-hour weeks back to back, without the benefit of those seven days off. It really is not practical, and I certainly would not count on it. You might be able to pull it off for a while, but virtually no one could sustain that pace. I would suggest that a 60-hour week would be more realistic; you could work five consecutive 12-hour shifts, while still having the weekend to recover. You'd still make great money, while retaining some semblance of a life.

As for the financial concerns, I have to agree with BiOGoly. While his comments were somewhat inflammatory, you would do well to consider and research his advice. With all due respect, it's quite clear that you do not fully understand the concept of healthy debt. Being debt free is an antiquated concept of fiscal responsibility; those who are truly savvy at managing their finances know how to make debt work for them. The point that BiOGoly was trying to convey is that there are numerous options by which you might invest your money such that the interest earned on your investments would outpace the accrued interest of your loans.

One final thought that no one has addressed is that there comes a point where a person can become too focused on saving for their future. Everyone should plan early for a comfortable retirement, but your retirement isn't everything. If you work 80-hour weeks for the next three years, and then get killed in a car accident a year later, will it have been worth it? None of us knows how much time he has, so time to enjoy your life should factor heavily into your value system.

That is what I really need to think about. What can I do now to reduce my debt? I guess work part time and live cheap what else is there to do really?

It sounds simple but its not. To many students borrow, borrow, borrow with no thought to the future. I've been there and they make it way to easy to borrow money.

College is about having fun and being carefree. I would not be carefree to the point that I take out student loans to by a car, pay for a fancy apartment and other unnecessary things. No one expects you to live like a bum but you certainly should not try to live like a king.

Some things to consider are: Living close to campus and a bus route so you do not need a car; Cooking your own food and never eating out; Working at least 20 hours a week during school and full time during breaks and summer; Using loans to only pay for books and tuition and do what ever you can to pay for everything else; never take out a credit card while in college no matter what.

I do not have all the answers but its something every undergrad and pharmacy student should think about. 100K is a lot of money but you would be surprised how fast taxes, a big mortgage, wife and kids, new cars, toys and a big student loan payment can eat that up.

First of all. Many of you who post who are NOT pharmacists should stop. I know how hard you work. But you are not the last line of defense. It does not matter how tired you are, somebody else is always checking your work. The pharmacist is the last person to check the prescription/order. You cannot be over tired and do this job well. You have an obligation to your patients to be on the ball.

um, oldtime, i thought this was "student" doctor network. yes, i know this is the "pharmacist" forum, and yes, i am a pharmacist. but shouldn't the students and the pre-pharmacy folks get a chance to weigh in with their opinion. after all, they may inspire lively conversation as well, and chances are they [and we] may learn something.

also, i disagree. it DOES matter how tired the student, the intern, the technician is....errors are made by these tired people and sometimes are NOT caught by the "last line of defense", as they may be tired as well, from 80 hour weeks, from a sleepless baby, from insomnia, from whatever. or they may just be having a bad moment. exhaustion affects everyone; it is a team effort on the part of ALL pharmacy staff to prevent errors.

to the OP, right now i am in the middle of 12 days on. i do it a lot during the summer, even though it makes me bitter and i did already post that having a life is more important. but sometimes, ya need the cash...and you make a commitment to the profession...so sometimes you have to step up and fill in [being short-staffed can be dangerous in it's own right]

i guess my point is not to stress SO much about loans. everyone has debt. it's not some scarlet A, it's the cost of doing business, so to speak. as you go through school, you will learn your capacity for workload and adjust accordingly. just dont make it all about the $$$. like i said before, it's summer!

Thank you so much guys, I am finally getting some good answers.

Also, is anyone looking forward to college football??

Sept 1st Cal Vs. UT....GO BEARS!

First of all. Many of you who post who are NOT pharmacists should stop.

Yes master yes.

Maybe it is against the rules to not listen to an "advisor" but I will post where I want and the OP can decide to take or leave my opinions.

I think your Advisor tag has gone to your head.

Yeah, get a life because you won't have one if you're working 80+ hours a week. I'm all for paying off my student loan debt as quickly as possible, but I don't want to work all the time. Why don't you get some advise from a professional financial planner about how to manage the debt, the interest and wise investments (which would have a rate of return much greater than the 6-7% interest rate on the loans)? All that and still get to have a life!

Work as many hours as your mind will let you. Yes, I am tired when I get up and wished to god i never picked up the shift, but after I get going I am fine, alert and ready to do my job 110%. After 7 days straight i also get a short fuse, but once I find myself acting like that, I take a step back and realize that the patient did not force me to pick up an extra shift or what not. I picked up the hours, so I need to service that pt 110% no matter what my feelings are. My father always told me that there are no limits to the mind; if you think you are tired, you will be tired. It really is up to oneself to work that many hours. I work 70 hrs, but I lose out on other parts of life. If I dont work the hours, I live my life but may need the cash later. Always an opportunity cost. Train your mind and you will be fine. That is my belief and I most certainly do believe that everyone has their own "limits". Then again, everyone is different and have different capacities; myself, if I had to work every single day, then I would have to do what I had to do. To the OP, student loans should not be a reason why you need to work 80 hrs per week. Pay yourself first...Screw the govt:). Wish you well in your path...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:This thread is soooo freaking funny! I've avoided it because I'm too d*mn tired.

I'm on my 21st day of work (yes - some of them have been split days), but yes - 21 days of getting up every AM & knowing I was going to have to open/close ..... staff the ICU/OR/MHU/SNF...whatever - just not graveyard (sorry Tussionex!).

You DO NOT EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHY!!!! It has been a bad misalignment of my signs - I'm sure of it (& I don't believe in that nonsense!).

Let me tell you - you CANNOT be on your game for 80 hours a week. I've made so many mistakes - that have fortunately been caught before they ever went out - I cannot even count them. Those who are working with me (who, btw, are also going way, way out of their way - we are all sharing the load) - know we need to check each other - & we do many, many times! There is no defense for fatigue - check out the court cases! (the reason for the double & triple checks!).

There is no amount of $$$$ in the world to do what I have done!!!! I have done it only because of coworker family issues/friend's issues/more info than you want.

Its dangerous to my patients & very, very dangerous to me.

I just told MSIII that this is what she is looking to do in 18 mo or so as a resident & when she needs to cry - my shoulder is right there (thank you Ma Bell!). I'm looking to find a way to get a day or two off so I can visit with her when she comes home next week - just to introduce myself as her mother:p.

Its horrible - ABSOLUTELY & ACUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!!! So - when that pharmacist or resident or attending swears at you & damages your sensibilities - you might just think about how many hours that person has worked with just a few hours of sleep in between. I've become proficient at swearing as though I'm working on a dock (under my breath...but my coworkers hear, just as I hear them)..

Go look at workplace studies if you want the real poop on what motivates people. After a certain monetary gain - it is not $$$$. It is time off - consistent, reliable time off to spend as they wish to spend it.

Your loans will be there until you die, which if you work 80 hrs a week may be sooner rather than later since sleep deprived folks (of which I count myself among!) have a higher incidence of car accidents.

I've paid off a house, 3 remodels, more cars than I can count right now (they exceed 5 - the number a pharmacists counts by:D) 2 college educations, one partial medical school education & one who is contemplating graduate school. We've not even spoken of weddings.....debt is my life. But - I'd give my poor dead dog to have 2 days off in a row (or even 1 day off!!!) and I'd take on more debt.

Get over it!

Old Timer - I respect you & I've probably worked with you (or your same person in a parallel universe)....but, these are the things that young folks think about. I certainly did & I worked my *ss off the first year I was a pharmacist.

What did I get for my efforts? - a 10 day bout with viral pneumonia. Now - everyone doesn't get that, but these kids are borrowing money which to them is like Monopoly money. It has no meaning yet. My daughter, MSIII, just says, no problem...this semester is only $35K - I'll borrow it.

They still have some living to do & they aren't yet there to know that debt, time & managing both is a fine & difficult balancing act. There are desires, obligations, SO's dreams.....all those things we dealt with years ago. Likewise, they have no knowledge of how to balance the choices we make starting a family with this difficult profession we are in - time & money are already an obligation which is an additonal burden to young people.

We made our choices & not all of them were the best (hence - my most recent 3 weeks!!!!). But...make your choices wisely & for the right reasons.

Money is not my motivator. I have significant people with whom I work who I've relied upon in the past & I (& help my colleagues) are returning the favor.

Be careful what your motivator is - money is fleeting - relationships & time you can never get back.

RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait ...really......if u chug that **** every other hour.....u just might pull it off 30 days straight with ur sanity intact:rolleyes:

SDN1977, you are always wise and I applaud you for your post! Thats a lot writing:) Anyway, as I write this post at 605 am, I am so damn tired and wished to god I had today off. I am seeing double and keep staring at my warm bed:(. Off to work I go again...and tomorrow too.

sdn....great post! you must be some typist!

i agree, studies have shown that $$ is not a true motivator. it's only a short-term motivator. this week, though, i could use some more cash, hence my 12 days on! [and a few day shifts/doubles...they do let me see daylight sometimes:)]

21 days!! you got me beat. the most i've ever done is 16 and was:
a - out of my mind with boredom...you get tired of being at the same place day after day
b -making mistakes
c - unpleasant.

like i said in my last post...sometimes you gotta step up and help out. the commitment you make to your profession, coworkers and patients sometimes does cause you to work ungodly hours. everyone does need to suss that out for themselves. i think it's a great idea for students and pre-pharms to want to know what they're getting into and how people that are actually doing it survive it. they don't deserve to be blasted for having an opinion.

If the OP likes to work 80 hours per week which is enjoyable for him, then I say we have no right to tell him to do otherwise.

Some people are penny pinchers and love to live frugally. Some would rather live large. Who am I to say what's right or wrong.

So 80 hours a week? Go for it!

If the OP likes to work 80 hours per week which is enjoyable for him, then I say we have no right to tell him to do otherwise.

Some people are penny pinchers and love to live frugally. Some would rather live large. Who am I to say what's right or wrong.

So 80 hours a week? Go for it!

Oh pleeeaaaasssseeee! This is coming from a guy who lives large....and nice!

There you are - sitting at your desk in your "home office" (hmmm - laptop under the umbrella, watching the kids splash in the pool, sipping on an iced tea while eating a juicy peach).

Now...let me think - what are you doing? Looking at studies which you can use to justify some radical change some P&T committee won't want to buy into with a pharmacy staff that hasn't kept up enough to support clinically. And, you're trying to develop some plan to make this all happen so this contracted hospital can save $850K in drug purchases - all while trying to keep pool water off your laptop.:p

Sarah Sux is probably packing for her next vacation to a resort in New England that she's taking with you while you work & she gets to go see the "colors".:(

Can you tell how jealous I am????:smuggrin:

I'd work 80 hrs a week at that job too!

Just j/king!!!! How was the NE vacation? I thought thats where all of you went - did you?????

Aren't there any jobs out there that give sign on bonuses?

bottom line dont kill yourself or anyone else trying to work 80 hours a week. money and material things and not everything and niether is debt. i know I am going to be in a great deal of debt if and when i finish school. But i know i want be the first and even if i have to pay 1000 dollars a month for 20 years it will eventually be paid of. 1000 off a 8000 dollar a month salary if you live with your means is not that bad.

Oh pleeeaaaasssseeee! This is coming from a guy who lives large....and nice!

There you are - sitting at your desk in your "home office" (hmmm - laptop under the umbrella, watching the kids splash in the pool, sipping on an iced tea while eating a juicy peach).

Now...let me think - what are you doing? Looking at studies which you can use to justify some radical change some P&T committee won't want to buy into with a pharmacy staff that hasn't kept up enough to support clinically. And, you're trying to develop some plan to make this all happen so this contracted hospital can save $850K in drug purchases - all while trying to keep pool water off your laptop.:p

Sarah Sux is probably packing for her next vacation to a resort in New England that she's taking with you while you work & she gets to go see the "colors".:(

Can you tell how jealous I am????:smuggrin:

I'd work 80 hrs a week at that job too!

Just j/king!!!! How was the NE vacation? I thought thats where all of you went - did you?????

LOL...funny woman.

You know...life in Texas is very economical. Work/Vacation to NE was a month ago...how time flies. Though your description of my work is spot on... I have to say it's getting quite hot here in Texas.

Looks like we may be getting a large news on PPIs in Cardiac Adverse events. This could be absolutely huge. Every cell in the body has proton pumps... so what effect does it have that we weren't aware of?

And don't be jealous....you lead a charmed life!

I actually took PTO last couple of days.. my pharmacist buddies, one from San Ramon and one from Colorado...and another buddy from Antioch are here with their families. Full house!:love:

lol...guess the question of whether the OP is a ***** has been answered right there :laugh::laugh: i IM'd this to my accountant friend and she had a good laugh