Is it too late for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sushikitty1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am 25 years old, and only 3 months into my Bachelors in Biology. Passionately, I still want to peruse to get into medical school. Am I getting too old to get in medical school? 🙁
 
I'll be applying this year at 29 years old, 30 by the time I start (hopefully). Many others on SDN will be in the same age range (and older) than you when they apply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was 28 before I started my biology classes; You are beating me by 3 yrs. You would've been my Senior Resident at this rate! I was worried about age too, but guess what? course work actually got easier, and people take you more seriously because you're older. Sure, I was a little more tired after evening lectures, but I don't need to go out drinking until 3am to have fun. I stay in, cook a sous-vide steak, enjoy a glass of Spanish red, and go to bed at a glorious 10pm on a $1000 mattress. (life lesson I learned in my 20's: don't skimp on your mattress, you spend 30% of your life on it).
 
I am 25 years old, and only 3 months into my Bachelors in Biology. Passionately, I still want to peruse to get into medical school. Am I getting too old to get in medical school? 🙁

Good Lord, I hope not. Because I'm starting in August, shortly after I turn 40. 🙂
 
I'm 29 and will be 30 when i sta
I'll be applying this year at 29 years old, 30 by the time I start (hopefully). Many others on SDN will be in the same age range (and older) than you when they apply.

+1 Your at the perfect age if you ask me. Good luck and stay focused OP!